Sign in to follow this  
Bhu

Is there an unofficial record for number of times a player has been Devoured?

Were currently playing Arkham with the Lurker Expansion (along with the Location/Mythos/Spell/Item cards for everything except Kingsport and Dunwich) and the guys are having, to put it nicely, a rough time.  One has been Devoured three times, and looks to be Devoured a fourth within a turn or so.  At least 3 other players have been Devoured once or twice.

We having bad luck or is this normal?

Lurker is pretty new, so I'm not sure how out-of-the-ordinary that is.

Anyway, I run a stats site where players submit their game results. According to the stats report I compile each month, the current record is 7 investigators devoured before final combat. In some other game, someone managed to retire 6 investigators (Dunwich Horror mechanic).

My personal record is 6 investigator's devoured in one game. We played against Quachil Uttaus. At 11 doom tokens, 9 on the terror track and the deep rising track almost full. We managed to drag on the game with Arcane Insight just enough to seal the last gate. Only sister Mary manged to survive the game from the start, the other 3 player were at least devoured one's. It was my most exciting game ever.

Bhu said:

Is that the group as a whole or just one guy?

It counts the entire group. Although there isn't much of a distinction—a devoured investigator is a devoured investigator!

But I'm sure that that would make for some interesting conversation in future games with that particular player.

I've spotted Ghatanothoa three times in one game, and the third time was by the Investigator that replaced the one who was devoured first: Jenny to Rita to Norman.  I don't think that's my record, though; I think I lost four Investigators during a Yog game (a lot of LiTaS).