Sign in to follow this  
michel3105

Multiplayer Rules

Check out these rules that we ran in the Blitzkrieg side event at the Orlando Regionals. I shamelessly plug 'em here because of how many folks in my area use these rules:

To start, assign RANDOM SEATING. This is essential, as you'll see. Randomly determine who CHOOSES who will go first. Everyone gets a quest phase in the first round of turns, but only the last player gets a battlefield phase in that first round. Therefore, selecting who will be the first player has strategic implications. Everyone shuffles up and lets the player to their left cut, to allow everyone a cut and to eliminate any deck shenanigans. Normal rules apply to much of the rest of the game. The exceptions are:

Attacks can only made on the players to the left and right of you, hence the random seating. Targeted card effects may target any player, and AoE's (Area of Effect) hit anyone to whom it applies, such as Hate, T-Bomb(Troll Vomit), and Shrine to Nurgle. Effects that target players or cards will trigger even if the effect's controller is not included in the targets.

If multiple players wish to play a response effect simultaneously, the active player has priority, with priority proceeding clockwise around the table. This is called Prioritized Operations Order, or POO. Remember that these effects will simply go on the chain, and will resolve normally. If players wish to respond to a response, a new subchain is created following the same, simple POO. Each subchain MUST be completed before returning to the previous chain from which the currently completed subchain was split.

The functionality of a multiplayer W:I game hinges on the proper application of POO, which should never be tossed about or turned away from.
Cards may only be discarded, corrupted, damaged, sacrificed, or otherwise chosen for one effect at a time. Corrupted cards cannot be corrupted.
Modifiers from multiple players are cumulative.

If an event triggers effects from multiple players, the effects are placed on the chain in POO. If the effects are Forced:, then any targets are still chosen in standard POO, but applied simultaneously. For example, Jack drops a J-Bomb (Judgment) and both Jill and Diane have their own Dwarven Rangers shuffling about. Counting clockwise from Jack, the active player, Diane is seated before Jill, and so Diane selects each target of her Rangers for each of her dwarves that buy the farm. Then, Jill selects her targets in like fashion. However, all of the damage inflicted from both of the pesky Rangers is applied simultaneously, since these effects are Forced:.

If a player makes no attack for 2 consecutive turns, that player receives 1 Forced damage to each zone of his Capitol Board. Like Forced: effects, Forced damage cannot be cancelled, interrupted, or redirected. Play UBT at your own risk!!

A player is awarded 1 Kill Point for each player that he deals the final point of damage to, and 2 KP's for dealing lethal damage to a racial enemy. You gotta know your enemy. The last player standing receives 1 KP, as well. If a player is eliminated by decking (EBD), the last player to deal damage to the EBD'd player gets the KP. Any player eliminated by Forced damage is worth a KP to the player who damaged the exiting player last. The player with the most KP's wins, even if they've been eliminated and are home watching SportsCenter already.

These are all the rules you should need to play smoothly. Invariably, there are going to be questions and confusions, but instead of trying to predict them, I'll happily take any and all queries and answer them as they come. Have fun, and let me know what your group thinks of these rules. We bloody love 'em!

Overseer Lazarus said:

For example, Jack drops a J-Bomb (Judgment) and both Jill and Diane have their own Dwarven Rangers shuffling about. Counting clockwise from Jack, the active player, Diane is seated before Jill, and so Diane selects each target of her Rangers for each of her dwarves that buy the farm. Then, Jill selects her targets in like fashion. However, all of the damage inflicted from both of the pesky Rangers is applied simultaneously, since these effects are Forced:.

In the case of Troll Vomit or Judgement, I didn't think the Rangers deal damage for other units leaving play, since all units leave play simultaneously.  Unless you are saying the Rangers were protected by a development and other units weren't. 

Also, I think there are official rules for how to handle the Forced effects like you are describing.  When multiple Forced effects trigger, the active player gets to choose the order his forced effects resolve in, they all resolve, then priority proceeds to the next player (ok, next player isn't really defined in the 2 player rules) who orders and resolves his effects, etc.