Sign in to follow this  
jman5000

what I'd love to see, but know it'll never happen

as someone who loves having all the information one needs at his fingertips, in a single book.   I'd love for FFG to devote a few pages in the upcoming career books to include the complete career progression from the core book (including any errata), any alternate career paths that apply to the career, and the other options and sundry that are currently spread amongst 3 or 4 books.  Make this a comprehensive, one stop shop "compendium" for all things Guardsman (for example), so the person who is playing the gardsman only needs to look in 1 place when advancing or planning advances.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here.  yes, this is "wasted" pages, even 10 pages, but I think the ease of flipping through a single book, rather than having to have 3 or 4 different books makes it worth while, IMO.

Anyway.  that's what I'd love to see.  and I'm sure it'll not happen :)

cheers,

J.

Thats not half a bad wish, though. I mean, I'll still end up having two or three books out (The 'career' book, and IH and Core) due to weapons and gear, but it would make things a lot easier during end game/end campaign when everyone is trying to use the one corebook and it's a pain to have for longer then a minute or two.

Whilst it's a good idea, it'd mean filling half of a new book with info previously printed elsewhere, which lots of people I'm sure will complain about.

I personally don't mind sifting through stuff like that (I make sure to note down which books and pages new alternate ranks, etc, are on so they are easy to find), especially if it means that all the stuff in the new books is, in fact, new.

You might want to take a look at the pinned threads of this forum, specifically the "Master Skill list". It has every advance of every career in a single friendly PDF. 

I think it is a swell idea. You would even save page count if they would make it abbreviated. Both the Radicals Handbook and Inquisitors Handbook repeat the "background package" rules, so I wouldnt repeat those basic rules, but if you just, say for example, only include the basic info for Penal Legionnaire (requirements and advancement table) and cut the page of background and fluff.

Cifer said:

You might want to take a look at the pinned threads of this forum, specifically the "Master Skill list". It has every advance of every career in a single friendly PDF. 

And there are several different versions of it depending on how you would like it printed.  There's also an Excel file version if you prefer as well.  In addition, that information has been in my Excel version of the character sheet since 11c.  I don't have Radicals and Ascension information in there at this time because I haven't had the time to update these files yet.  I'm hoping to do that one day soon.

Actually I'd kill for a master gear list - just a table listing every item, a rough description (SP Basic weapon, drug, comsumable etc) - and which book to find it in.

It's getting tedious when my players say I want a decent bolt pistol to have to trawl through 3 or 4 books to get a list of what is out there, or trying to remember where that blasted ammo type is to be found, or someone wants a new armour piece etc etc. Even the Inquisitors handbook itself which contains most of the equipment options is not helpful because it has a summary table for weapons but no link back to descriptions and there is no summary for any other gear.