Sign in to follow this  
SJE

Introduction to 40K/ RT?

So, I've got a new player who knows nothing about 40K - does any one have a good primer or introduction to the 40Kverse or Rogue Trader which I could give her?

Many thanks

Steve

Some of my old players new nothing of the 40k universe, so i recommended easy careers like arch-militant and void master instead of the explorator or missionary.  Depending on how well you know the 40k universe, "summarizing" it could take a long time.  I told the new guys this " think of Rogue Trader as a mix of Firefly, Indiana Jones, and Brazil (the movie) in space".

Funniest startingpoint: Hand him the Imperial infantrymans uplifting primer.gran_risa.gif

A good start would be to read the intro all 40k BL books have (that single page describing the setting) and then telling him what a Rougetrader is. Now you send them out and describe things as you go along, as this is Rougetrader you can have planets of unknown xenos and strange phenomenons often enough so that he isn't the only one not understanding what's going on and who those guys are

Leogun_91 said:

Funniest startingpoint: Hand him the Imperial infantrymans uplifting primer.gran_risa.gif

This is exactly what I did.  They were quite impressed by the overwhelming amount of propaganda and it taught them everything they needed to know about killing Orks.gui%C3%B1o.gif

I used to have them play a couple of maps in DoW, and then explain to them how they will never be as cool as the Space Marines, but now with Deathwatch around the corner thats no longer the case.