Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wilfred Owen

Model size

8 posts in this topic

I'm curious of the scale of the miniatures. Will it be 25mm?  If it is, I am very tempted to purchase the game for Warhammer 40k (in addition, as Dust Tactics sounds interesting).

reptilebro1 said:

the models are said to be 35mm scale. Slightly larger than AT-43. I think 40k is 25mm.

You're right; 40k is 25mm.  Oh well, the game looks great even if the models are larger than GW's.

40K minis are actually 28 mm, and "heroic 28" at that. GW's pre-3rd ed 40K stuff is closer to "true" 28, but since then they look much closer to 30-32mm with their chunkiness.

I am hoping the Dust Tactics stuff will be similar enough in scale to fit with AT-43 and Tannhauser minis. But if they are going with 35mm that would be a big negative in my little world...

It should be quite close. maybe marine scale rather than imperial guard.GW as stated uses a 28mm scale but thats from the base to the eyes not the top of the model.  likewise I'm keen to cross the figures and mechs over

Good work, Artemus! Now to start thinking of paint schemes and what not to tie all the TH, AT43 and Dust minis together...

ive thought of that as well - but intend to paint them differently as to make them as markedly different as possible...

I'm torn on how i'll paint them...the previewed pro-painted ones look good, but too similar to me.I guess real-world armies can look similar though... How i paint will mainly depend on the base supplied - i've seen the cracked ice one (which if provided I will definitely paint to match environment) and the diamond plate one (which if provided I will probably paint "Dust default" colours)

But to tie them all together with both (or either) should be easy - i'd suggest the following:

Allies: blueish grey/white armor (splinter pattern on mechs, w/ white decals) w/ leather-brown/khaki fatigues (gloves at least brown) to match Allies in TH & UNA in AT-43,

Axis: charcoal grey/black armour (mabe no camo pattern or a tiger stripe, yellow decals & markings) w/ dark green fatigues to match Reich in TH & ONI in AT-43

Soviet: Olive drab or olive green, muted red, grey unpainted metal, & medium browns would probably be best colour pallete to tie Matriarchy & Red Blok in with them, depending on how Dust minis come out...