Sign in to follow this  
PlasmaBomb

Rogue Trader Release Schedule: Profit and Plunder!

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

Presenting a preview of upcoming Rogue Trader titles

profit-and-plunder-cover.png

www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/rogue-trader/support/profit-and-plunder-web.pdf

Of interest to everyone is -

Battlefleet Koronus
Available Q1 2011

Yes it is the much hinted at and now confirmed extensive sourcebook about the starships that traverse the Koronus Expanse. With new rules on Nova Cannons, torpedoes, attack craft, and squadrons, plus new options for outfitting player ships.

I wonder how much of the Xenos Compendium will be Copypasta'd from the Creatures Anathema. Hmm...

Anyway, yes, the quicker we get to the Battlefleet book, the better. The crime/smuggling one sounds cool. Wonder if I can make a small Warp-capable smuggling vessle where me and my Kroot companion can be intergalactic heroes. gui%C3%B1o.gif

BYE

I'm looking forward to the Battlefleet and Xenos Compendium the most, always like to have new Xenos adversaries in games, and Battlefleet is certainly a must.

Good to see this gran_risa.gif

By that, I mean 1) it's good to see the stuff I've already tested announced, and 2) good to see the stuff I'm gonna be getting my hands on over the next 6 months-year to test out gran_risa.gifgui%C3%B1o.gif

To all GMs: Get "Edge of the Abyss". It'll make running games in Koronus all the easier happy.gif It's done wonders for my games!

@HBMC: Virtually none, would be my guess (about how much will be copy pasted). All the books are written separately, and the writers I've had the pleasure to work with whilst playtesting pride themselves on not just copying what others have done before. Plus, if they were just going to copy it word for word, what would be the point in making it? By adding different stuff, they get you to buy both books instead of just the one lengua.gifgui%C3%B1o.gif

Looks like some good stuff on the horizon.  I'm hoping they stagger Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, and Deathwatch products out a bit.  No more than one a month or so, otherwise I'm going to fall behind in my reading!

Agmar_Strick said:

Edge of the Abyss and the Battlefleet Koronus both sounds incredibly awesome.

The description of Edge of the Abyss makes we wish there was a counterpart for it for DH.

Oh man I hope not. World books to me are just ways of saying "hey you know that totally awesome world you put in your campaign? Now at least one player at the table is gonna complain it isn't  canon."

I'm sure there will be some awesome stuff in book. I just wouldn't want them to cover more than a few worlds. It looks like this is a good mix, maybe 4 or 5 worlds and leave the rest for us to play with.

It's a game about exploration... if you can read about it why explore it!

Agmar_Strick said:

The description of Edge of the Abyss makes we wish there was a counterpart for it for DH.

There is. Edge of the Abyss - and I know this from having worked on it - is very much the Disciples of the Dark Gods of the Rogue Trader line. Plots and schemes and locations and adversaries and all manner of fun for GMs. It's somewhat broader in focus than Disciples was, but it serves the same overall purpose.

And you guys will love Battlefleet Koronus. The things in there that we've got in store for you guys...

But that is all I can say; for now, I must put pen to paper and muse on newer things...

MILLANDSON said:

@HBMC: Virtually none, would be my guess (about how much will be copy pasted). All the books are written separately, and the writers I've had the pleasure to work with whilst playtesting pride themselves on not just copying what others have done before. Plus, if they were just going to copy it word for word, what would be the point in making it? By adding different stuff, they get you to buy both books instead of just the one lengua.gifgui%C3%B1o.gif

I'm more talking about the rules, not so much the fluff and flavour text. And I understand that it will be different - certainly more geared towards the Koronus Expanse - but for the bits that are similar or the same (Orks/Eldar), what of the rules will be the same, or, what will be different.

That's what interests me the most.

BYE

In the grim darkness of the far future... Awesomeness awaits!

I'm ecstatic over how the WH40RPG develops. Currently, it's the favorite game for me and my group, and with all the forthcoming coolness, it's going to stay like this for years. Cheers for FFG.

H.B.M.C. said:

MILLANDSON said:

I'm more talking about the rules, not so much the fluff and flavour text. And I understand that it will be different - certainly more geared towards the Koronus Expanse - but for the bits that are similar or the same (Orks/Eldar), what of the rules will be the same, or, what will be different.

That's what interests me the most.

BYE

There are many different kinds of Eldar and Ork creatures not yet represented in any book...

I see where this is going. I know that FFG is secretly in league with Ikea and as long as FFG keeps publishing lots of must have books, Ikea will sell more bookshelves...

...and bigger apartments. So its a triumvirate... a conspiracy. But who to tell, who to trust.....gbllbgbll...nonono...giblbglbg....yesno..gbl

-L

N0-1_H3r3 said:

And you guys will love Battlefleet Koronus. The things in there that we've got in store for you guys...

How close to finished is Battlefleet Koronus?

(Is there any point in making suggestions?)

Iku Rex said:

I'm not certain whether or not I'm even allowed to answer that, to be honest.

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Iku Rex said:

I'm not certain whether or not I'm even allowed to answer that, to be honest.

Probably not, to be honest. Best be on the safe side rather than accidentily break the NDA (given I like your writing, and would hate to see you chucked out N0-1 lengua.gif).

I can say that I've not seen it yet, though I look forward to doing so!

It's only rare though that a company will actually use suggested material though, so whilst I'm sure they don't disapprove of it, the chances of them actually using it are probably slim (unless you end up like N0-1_H3r3 and they give you a freelancing job lengua.gif).

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Agmar_Strick said:

There is. Edge of the Abyss - and I know this from having worked on it - is very much the Disciples of the Dark Gods of the Rogue Trader line. Plots and schemes and locations and adversaries and all manner of fun for GMs. It's somewhat broader in focus than Disciples was, but it serves the same overall purpose.

But that is all I can say; for now, I must put pen to paper and muse on newer things...

Disciples of the Dark Gods is one of my favorite RPG books for any game system. Full of kick-butt hooks and tools for GMs to craft their own adventures. Now I'm really excited.

My Amazon uk pre-order for "Into the Storm" has been put back to "October 15th" ?. Anyone know what's going on, and why the drastic change of dates (2 whole months!!!). Dammit i want vehicles you Chaos worshipping fiends you"!.

Seriously does anyone know???