Sign in to follow this  
id_doomer1

Quick Reference Sheets

Greetings!

I'm running Final Sanction soon, and in preparation for that I've created a Combat Reference sheet for some of my players who've never been exposed the Dark Heresy rules system before. I present it here for you lovely people to use as well, enjoy! It contains only rules found in the Final Sanction PDF, trimmed, edited and collated for ease of use.

Combat Quick Reference Sheet  - This covers all the steps of combat. Also, all the actions that can be taken; some common modifiers; and the Righteous Fury special rule.

Final Sanction Equipment Sheet - This covers all of the equipment that the players will encounter during the Final Sanction campaign. It also covers all the special rules relating to this equipment

Oblivion's Edge Equipment Sheet - This covers all of the equipment that the players will encounter during the Oblivion's Edge campaign. It also covers all the special rules relating to this equipment.

Special Note I have included in the Equipment Reference Sheet all of the weapons that are used by NPCs, basically, if it was a weapon that NPCs were wielding that a Space Marine could reasonably pick up and use against them, it's stats are here. (leaving aside any argument that a truly loyal son of the Emperor would never use a heretical weapon, what if that Lasgun was dropped by a loyal guardsman?) However, the information presented with these weapons is incomplete, notably in the Clip, Reload, and Special sections. This is because that information is not available in the NPC's stat lines, I've guessed at the Clip and Reload rules and applied any known Special rules where they seemed right. You want the full, proper rules? Buy the Deathwatch book when it comes out, I know I will be happy.gif. Likewise, don't forget that the actions available to the players are but a small sample of the actions that will be in the full Deathwatch rulebook. Don't think your players should know how much damage that enemy is going to be able to do to them, take a thick black marker to the quick reference sheet, blame it on the inquisition.

Good hunting!

- ID_DOOMER

SpawnoChaos said:

Link appears to reference a file that is not there.

Cheers, as I can't find an edit button or a preview button, here's a theoretically working link 

I haven't got the paid version of Mediafire, so if the link ever goes down, PM me and I'll put it back up.

Bwuhah! Fixed. I found the edit button as well, so the link in the first post will work.

I'd strongly advise to make a quick reference sheet for ordes. And to have one for yourself with the attribute profile of the rebels (both horde, general and hero), since you are going to use them a lot.

Also, weapons. Strangely, nor the weaponry nor the equipment are listed with stats in the character sheets. I would make a sheet with "damage", "base %" (including all the perks, like the tactical marines bonus of +10%), penetration and the like. I put the damage of the heavy bolter as 3g2 instead of the 2d10+tearing because we already played to Five Rings and 7th Sea (and the rule is "always a d10 unless specified"). And a note in the head of the table noting: this adventure hordes are easy to hit: +20% to BS against them.

Seriously, a lot of failures came from my run in the adventure from those 30% missed most of the time. And thanks to a good hand with the dice, the most exitous character was the Stormwarden tactical marine, and the less used was the Apothecary (to a degree I will change the chainsword for a bolter the next time I run that game...). Mainly because few targets get close enough to be targeted by a 30 meter-ranged bolter pistol... (most of the fights were outdoors, and the players played the range advantage mercilessly).

Thanks for the advice, a weapon reference sheet is next on my list of things to knock together. I was thinking of a standardised sheet with all of the weapons, keywords and whatnot on it. Good idea on listing all the modifiers, I'd not have thought of that.

Okay. Here we have the most recent links to the most recent files. I'll edit the first post to also reflect this when I can, but the "Edit" button is no longer there. I wound up not including the Tactical Marine's or the Devastator Marine's bonuses that Argus Van Het suggested. I wanted to remain universal to all of the kill team. It does however contain a reminded about shooting at hordes.

Combat Reference Sheet - This covers all the steps of combat. Also, all the actions that can be taken; some common modifiers; and the Righteous Fury special rule.

Equipment Reference Sheet - This covers all of the equipment that you have or find during the Final Sanction campaign. It also covers all the special rules relating to this equipment.

Special Note I have included in the Equipment Reference Sheet all of the weapons that are used by NPCs, basically, if it was a weapon that NPCs were wielding that a Space Marine could reasonably pick up and use against them, it's stats are here. (leaving aside any argument that a truly loyal son of the Emperor would never use a heretical weapon, what if that Lasgun was dropped by a loyal guardsman?) However, the information presented with these weapons is incomplete, notably in the Clip, Reload, and Special sections. This is because that information is not available in the NPC's stat lines, I've guessed at the Clip and Reload rules and applied any known Special rules where they seemed right. You want the full, proper rules? Buy the Deathwatch book when it comes out, I know I will be happy.gif. Don't think your players should know how much damage that enemy is going to be able to do to them, take a thick black marker to the quick reference sheet, blame it on the inquisition.

Good hunting, and remember, the Emperor may protect, but there's no defence like a good Boltgun!

- id_doomer

{edited to add} It appears that the edit button only, well, appears, on my posts when I make a new post on the thread, as such, I have updated the header post and I can't delete this one, so I'll leave it here I guess.

Does anyone have a good reason that the listed Autopistol has Penetration 5 whilst the Lagun has Penetration 1 ?

Did they officially change the weapon stats again for Deathwatch? Last I checked the Lasgun has no penetration and neither does the Autopistol.

SpawnoChaos said:

Does anyone have a good reason that the listed Autopistol has Penetration 5 whilst the Lagun has Penetration 1 ?

Did they officially change the weapon stats again for Deathwatch? Last I checked the Lasgun has no penetration and neither does the Autopistol.

Because I screwed up when I was copying table rows while I made it. (cheers for the proof read, I hadn't noticed. happy.gif ) The auto pistol should be Penetration 0. The Lasgun is Penetration 1 because that's what the Final Sanction Rebels have. I imagine it's been artificially raised to provide some thread to the Marines during the adventure. Likewise some of the weapons vary, such as the Power Sword, between Final Sanction and Oblivion's Edge. I'll update my sheets, then reupload them, I'll post here when they've been replaced. Thanks again, seriously, proof reading is always handy.

The data for the missing slots into the weapons used by the NPC's of the adventure should be located in Dark Heresy (the Rogue Trader ones tend to be a lot more powerfull, at least looking at their penetration).

The main reason they are not listed is...well, the ammunition shortage the PC's suffer is a dramatical situation easily solved in the Portica district (my most wasting player burned only 2 clips of the 3 I gave everybody). Also, remember the gauntlet rules of the Space Marine armors: -10 to skill tests using non-marine equipment.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys. I now present for your use, the updated Final Sanction equipment sheet, and the new Oblivion's Edge equipment sheet. Enjoy, and sorry for the typos on the last generation of sheets. Rejoice, for the Oblivion's Edge pdf includes Clip, Reload and Special rules for it's equipment!

Final Sanction Equipment Sheet - This covers all of the equipment that the players will encounter during the Final Sanction campaign. It also covers all the special rules relating to this equipment. 

Oblivion's Edge Equipment Sheet - This covers all of the equipment that the players will encounter during the Oblivion's Edge campaign. It also covers all the special rules relating to this equipment.

Remember gang, the weapons with * are incomplete, take the Clip, Reload and Special rules there with a pinch of salt, tweak them so they fit your game.

@Argus Van Het: I'm aware that the proper rules are available in Dark Heresy (my copy's in a box somewhere, but that's another story). I'm sticking with my approximations for three reasons.

1) The equipment varies dependant on the NPCs using them, note the Powersword, the two that the PCs encounter have differing damage and penetration. The weapons have clearly had their stats tweaked to be balanced for the campaign, and as such any information that's missing and could be filled in from the Dark Heresy book would be wrong. I'll admit my information is 'wrong' as well; but at least I get to be wrong rather than the gang at FFG.

2 ) As you've already noted, the equipment varies from Dark Heresy to Rogue Trader; we have no reason to assume that Deathwatch will be any less inconsistent. The stats will probably vary again. See my previous point about being wrong.

3) Everything I've summarised here has been made freely available by the FFG team in the Final Sanction and Oblivion's Edge pdfs. If I start including material that can only be got by being paid for from the Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader books; I'm legally doing what pirates who scan and upload torrents of entire rulebooks do, and that's a trap I'd like to avoid.

miss dee said:

Dont forget the Plasma Pistol's overheating.

Unfortunately it's not a rule that we have free access to in the Final Sanction or Oblivion's Edge releases. So I must assume that the rebels have stolen some experimental Plasma Pistols from a Mechanicus laboratory, which is why these one's don't overheat. lengua.gif