Sign in to follow this  
player576583

Discarding Token To Place Character On Overwatch?

I'm trying to defend a hallway with multiple points of entry.  No enemies are present in the hallway on my turn, but there are several who could be there relatively soon.  I position my character at one end of the hall and go on overwatch so I can shoot anyone who steps out into my line of fire.

I don't even understand what you mean.

As far as i remember, you place your character on overwatch at the very beginning of the game, spending CP, not (Neceserely) Diascarding anything (except you want to use an Iron cross or something).

OverwatchCounter.jpg

You can place a character or characters on overwatch at the beginning of each turn.

From the rules, "A player can use Command Points to set characters on overwatch during the “Set Overwatch” step of each game turn.

A player may spend a Command Point during the “set overwatch” step of the game turn in order to set one of his characters on overwatch for the duration of the turn. Multiple characters may be set on overwatch at a cost of 1 Command Point per character."

Remeber that in the new rules you replenish the Command Points at the beginning of each turn.

docsavagepu8-2.png

Sorry for not being clear.  I was referring to Volkov's "Gold Star" and Mcneal's "Medal of Honor" tokens.  We've never really found a use for them in our games.  I'm sure there are situations where they would come in handy.  I was just wondering how other people have used them to their advantage?  Thanks.

Yikes, of course I meant turn, not game.

I didn't remember there were such tokens, but now I see whar you mean.

This tokens has several advantages:

First and foremost, you can place Volkov/MacNeal on overwatch w/o spenden an CP, leaving you with one more for this round. Also, when you win Initiative, you can first reposition yourself before palcing yourself on Overwatch, so, if the game has evolved in such a way, that the last turn made it necesarry to defend one ceartain point but this point sin't in overwatch reach for any of your characters, you can walk to a mor favorable position, and place yourself on overwatch there.

Also you could use Extra Ammunition in your turn before placing you on overwatch.