Sign in to follow this  
Castorp

Wilding Horde and Fortified Position

Can you reduce the cost of the Wildling Horde with a Fortified Position in play? I would say yes, as at the time you play the card, it is not in play and thus the textbox is not blanked yet?

C

Rex Tan said:

In this position, I played Knight of the Red Fork from my hand, must I Kneel all non-House Tully cards my control?
No, you don't. The text is blanked as soon as it comes into play. It must come into play before its text activates the passive/kneeling effect. So the text is gone before it activates and nothing kneels.

FATMOUSE said:

While Staton's reasoning is correct, the question is sort of moot in that Fortified Position doesn't remove Traits lengua.gif
It's not moot. If Staton's reasoning wasn't correct, Fortified Position might not remove the traits, but it would remove the text on the Horde that told you what to do with those traits. Luckily, as Staton said, the Horde's text works from your hand - where Fortified Position can't touch it.