Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vertrucio

Explorators, Logis Implant and other implants useless due to fatigue?

Recommended Posts

 Played my first game of Rogue Trader and noticed something right off the bat with explorator implants. Many of them, specifically the Logis Implant give some +10% bonus when activated, but you take a Toughness test to see if you take a level of fatigue.

The only problem with this is that as soon as you take 1 level of fatigue, you are considered Fatigued and all tests are at -10% penalties.

With how low toughness can be even for mid level players, statistically there's almost no point to trying to use this, since you're most likely going to either negate your bonus from the Logis Implant and make all other tests more difficult, or even worse, fail the implant use test, and fail the toughness and end up much worse than you started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres a Talant/Implant that gives you Electronic Succour and eliminates Fatigue by plugging in to a battery/power line and keeping all fresh & topped up.

Instant Redbull or Pro-Plus 40k style with extra wires and skulls and spiky bits :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 There's also Energy Cache which enhances your internal battery up to the point where you can power your talents without risk of fatigue.

 

Before that, remember that only the first Fatigue point gives a -10 to everything. After that, you can abuse your techpriest-y high toughness to take nearly as much fatigue as you want with other talents. So if someone hands you a level of fatigue, where's the harm in trying out the Logis Implant to get a few more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 And even if you have a 33 Toughness, that's a +10% in one out of three combats. The +10/-10 cancel each other out the other 2/3rds of the time. Assuming you don't need to use non-combat skills while in combat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nojo509 said:

 And even if you have a 33 Toughness, that's a +10% in one out of three combats. The +10/-10 cancel each other out the other 2/3rds of the time. Assuming you don't need to use non-combat skills while in combat.

Except that it's not.  It's a 33% chance of a +10 to WS and BS skill tests until the end of his next turn, and a 67% chance of +0 to WS/BS until the end of his next turn and -10 on all tests (including WS/BS after the turn it runs out) until he gets a rest/recharge.  If you're already fatigued it's probably worth doing, but when fresh the risk is just too high.  And unlike the other toughness test or fatigue implants the Logis Implant isn't fixed by Energy Cache.  So until your toughness is so high you are almost guaranteed to pass or you already have a level of fatigue the Logis Implant isn't statistically worth activating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...