Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paenitere

Hand Size Limit?

3 posts in this topic

A question came up today after playing our first game of Dust.  My friend and I couldn't find a rule determining a set hand size limit when spending points to draw cards during the production phase.  What stops a player, who is leading with the current Victory Points, from spending all of his production points to draw that many cards with the intention of locking the other player out, in a two player game, with the diplomat card?  I checked the FAQ page and didn't see anything that answers this question and nothing in the forums as well.  Thanks for reading and I look forward to any response!

At the set-up of the game, each player is allowed to have 6 cards in their hand.  After the set-up is complete, each player will have 5 cards.  From this point on, each player is only allowed to have a maximum of 5 cards.

With that said, a player can discard all of the cards in his hand and purchase new ones, up to a maximum of 5.

Also, if you have no cards in your hand, you get to draw the top card from the stack and immediately play it.