Sign in to follow this  
Rock_of_Silence

Quick check of Take Captive! vs. Clan Moulder's Elite

Hey all,

I was having a discussion with ppl after our regionals recently of the above. If someone plays Take Captive! on Clan Moulder's Elite does it block or not? I thought that similar to the way that "battlefield only" gets over ridden by the wording on Take Captive! (Take control of target attacking unit until end of turn. Move it to the attacked zone, declared as a defender) then the "This unit cannot defend" clause on Clan Moulder's Elite would also be over ridden as the tactic actually states it is declared as a defender. Thoughts?

p.s. I was playing Orc/Skaven so am happy to be proved wrong on this one just thought I would see what ppl thought about this. : p

"Battlefield only" says that you can only play this unit in that zone. After he's been put in play, you no longer consider it.

Take captive says you take control of a unit and defend with it, Clan Moulder says you cannot defend, and the rules clearly says that the word "cannot" overcomes the rest in case of any contradiction.

(sorry if I'm not clear, english is not my first language)

Budmilka_fr said:

"Battlefield only" says that you can only play this unit in that zone. After he's been put in play, you no longer consider it.

With the One hero per zone ruling as precedence the Battlefield has still to be considered.

jogo said:

Budmilka_fr said:

With the One hero per zone ruling as precedence the Battlefield has still to be considered.

Actually the one hero per zone restriction and the "Zone X only" restriction are two different things. The FAQ does not contradict page 16 of the rule book about the "Zone X only" keyword, which holds that units with this keyword does not restrict units moving to different zone via a card effect.