Sign in to follow this  
traitorer

psychic powers

Ok i understand the whole use willpower and what not when you are making checks and i understand the part about the defender making rolls and whatnot but for some reason i am completely confused with the whole psychic rating and bonuses chart and how it all works out.  If possible can someone maybe explaine this to me in their own words on how it all works out.  I dont understand the whole thing with the fettered/unfettered/push the whole +1 to +3/+4 thing messes me up.  Thanks for the help ahead of time

Greetings, I'm playing an Astropath Transcendent in my game. I hope i can help you out here.

Fettered, Unfettered, and Pushing are different power levels of your psychic powers.

Fettered you only use one half of your psychic power or Psy rating rounded up, so if you have 5 psy rating and you use a power fettered you would use 3 of the 5 of your total psy rating.

Unfettered is you using all of your psychic powers at it's full strength.

Pushing is your charicter pushing beyond their own possable limit. you add one, two, three or four (4 if you are a renegade) psychic rating on top of your base Psy rating.

on top of that your base psy rating gives you a +5 for anything you do psychicly.

EX: i'm trying to send a message to segmentium command, however there is another Psycher blocking my attempt for whatever reason. I am at psy rating 6 with a will power of 62, the active jamming of my astropathic signal is -30. so my psy rating balances out the negitive to my check. however it is imperitive that i send this message and that they get it. so i can then choose to push and add 1-4 extra psy rating. I decide that i'm going to use the extra three and go for broke. and add 15 to my check.

The math: WP - Neg + PsyR mod + Push = total which for this example looks like this 62 - 30 = 32 + 30 = 62 + 15 = 77 i roll a 54 which is two successes and i get through.

However because i pushed i roll on the phenomina table and hope i don't hit perils which adds 15 to the check. roll low!

Hope this helps.

EXA

I really appreciate the whole example you gave me that did help quite a bit.  I just need to have things broken down for me sometimes, and i really appreciate it.  My lure of the expanse came in yesterday from amizon got it for 20 bones with a small dent in cover and now just have to wait for into the storm got a friend wanting to play a freeboota.  Boy is it going to be fun to have the run into space marines.