Sign in to follow this  
Congzilla

The Size of 'Winds of Magic'

Don't ask why I bothered looking but on Amazon Winds is listed a 4lbs.  For comparison the GM Toolkit is 2.1 and The Gathering storm is 1.5.  For further reference the core set is 6.4lbs. So looks like lots of nice shiny stuff is going to be packed in there.  I also noticed the the GM Toolkit and TGS are blue boxes and as we saw that seems to = cheap thin cardboard end opening boxes, and Winds is the same color as the Aventurers Toolkit and the core set.  Proper heavy duty box hopefully?

Fossy said:

"Upcoming" lists The Winds of Magic updated as "Shipping Now". No Announcement?

Going by Amazon's release date the 'shipping now' probably refers to the shipment from the distributor to retailers.

Amazon usually gets FFG products later in order to give smaller outlets a chance to make some sales before Amazon undercuts them.

That said, Amazon really doesn't have cheaper prices on the supplements, only the Core set, making FFG's delay through Amazon largely unnecessary in my opinion.

Darrett said:

Amazon usually gets FFG products later in order to give smaller outlets a chance to make some sales before Amazon undercuts them.

That said, Amazon really doesn't have cheaper prices on the supplements, only the Core set, making FFG's delay through Amazon largely unnecessary in my opinion.

Not when no game shops near you carry WFRP and you have Amazon's Prime shipping.

Congzilla said:

Darrett said:

Not when no game shops near you carry WFRP and you have Amazon's Prime shipping.

If you notice, I was referring to FFG's imposed delay on getting products to Amazon. I order through Amazon, and usually end up having to wait until quite a while after the release date for no savings over ordering through a local game store. Since there's little to no undercutting, there is no reason for FFG to delay shipping to Amazon

It looks like FFG is shipping The Winds Of Magic right now. Why there is no anouncment?

The bigger box then better, I can't wait to have  it, open it and read the whole thing. My player - Lucas - who is a huge fan of Mages (always plays one) is waiting in excitement for this one, so do I. FFG give us a next preview of this one and thell us more about the content of this supplement.

keltheos said:

Is it just me or does it look like there's no discount on this through Amazon?

Did I miss a memo?

I believe this may change after release.  Amazon had the GM kit at full price for quite awhile, but now offer it at a discount.  I'm hoping the same happens for Winds of Magic as well.

Looks like The War Store is the way I'll go, too.  Will have this piggyback on my order for the new WFB rulebook and other stuff :)

Maybe not as much of a discount as usual with Amazon, but Neal is a good guy and I like to support him.

Mark