Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFG Ross Watson

New Deathwatch Designer Diary: Knowledge, Power, and Free RPG Day

17 posts in this topic

Similar but more than Bolters and Bolt pistols in DH/RT, cuz they're Astartes versions.  Of course, this doesn't even touch on the special ammo available to Astartes ... notice the "Kraken Rounds" listed for those Tactical SM PC bolters? gran_risa.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could one of the tester's please confirm if the psychic powers are Dark Heresy Rules or Rogue Trader Rules or a new blend of rules?

Whichever one they are can we get conversion rules for one system to the other when Deathwatch is published??

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figure that the Psyker rules are on par with Ascension, as well as using implementing the Fettered/Unfettered/Push rules, if not one or two steps higher...

 

Hmm, wonder if the Black Carapace implant contributes to overall AP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walker0001 said:

Could one of the tester's please confirm if the psychic powers are Dark Heresy Rules or Rogue Trader Rules or a new blend of rules?

Whichever one they are can we get conversion rules for one system to the other when Deathwatch is published??

 

 

 

Seems pretty clear that it's going to be closer to RT than DH. The default these days seems to be the RT rules, I think we're more likely to see a conversion of the DH rules to the new system than RT and DW to the old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Hmm, wonder if the Black Carapace implant contributes to overall AP.

I'd assume it's a part of the Unnatural Toughness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Power Armour 8 AP as to be expected

Actually, read the rules fully. It's AP 10 on the chest, and AP 8 everywhere else.

 

Hmm, wonder if the Black Carapace implant contributes to overall AP.

Nope, it doesn't contribute towards AP. If you want it to contribute to anything, it'd probably be towards Unnatural Toughness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This document cannot come out in PDF fast enough!!! babeo.gif

Cannot wait for this. I really cant. I'm clawing at my screen in the hope that the PDF will just materialise...

BYE 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MILLANDSON said:

Power Armour 8 AP as to be expected

Actually, read the rules fully. It's AP 10 on the chest, and AP 8 everywhere else.

 

Maybe I'm missing something.  What page is this on? I'm looking at Page 21 of Final Sanction, and it specifically states Ceramite Plating: Provides AP 8 to all Locations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Perhaps in the quickstart version because they don't use "to hit" locations....in the finished version probable..
Makes you wonder...Brother Sgt. Agamor was wearing Artificer Armour?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone clarify the "Deathwatch Training" language?  As I'm reading it (without checking the language in Dark Heresy), a Marine of the Deathwatch doesn't need to bother checking for Righteous Fury if it happens?  That is, roll a 10 and you get to keep on rolling without bothering to roll a WS/BS check again?

Kage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ratdebois said:

MILLANDSON said:

 

Power Armour 8 AP as to be expected

Actually, read the rules fully. It's AP 10 on the chest, and AP 8 everywhere else.

 

 

 

Maybe I'm missing something.  What page is this on? I'm looking at Page 21 of Final Sanction, and it specifically states Ceramite Plating: Provides AP 8 to all Locations.

Might have been changed after my playtesting it then, because my copy says:

Ceramite Plating: Provides AP 10 to the Body and AP 8 to all other Locations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0