Sign in to follow this  
Shadowspawn2

Journey to Blackfire Pass (How big is the adventure?)

I am going to be running this at a newly opened local game shop in my town. What I'd like to know is how long the adventure is so that I can see how many games I can schedule. I know the first one was just on encounter and was over pretty fast. Will this be the same?

Thanks,

Shadowspawn

I think it will be just like "A Day Late, A Shilling Short" - so it will have two encounters (one fight and one social). But still I can't wait to see it - especialy I'm interested becouse it's about Dwarfs. And a big bonus for me is a sneak preview of what's in the plans for the future. Can't wait for July and for the FFG publication of this adventure on the site in the WFRP section :)

..but attendees will also get the chance to play through a full adventure that serves as a prelude for an upcoming Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay product, as well as walk away with an advance copy of a new career!

The info calls it a full adventure, so I think it might be a little bit more involved than "A Day Late..".

I guess it still needs to be something that fits nicely into a few hours play though, no more.

pumpkin said:

..but attendees will also get the chance to play through a full adventure that serves as a prelude for an upcoming Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay product, as well as walk away with an advance copy of a new career!

The info calls it a full adventure, so I think it might be a little bit more involved than "A Day Late..".

I guess it still needs to be something that fits nicely into a few hours play though, no more.

'A Day Late' is full size for demo lvl play.  but it would obviously be great if it was a tad longer.

The fact is, the adventure needs to be designed to complete in about 2 hours of play.  That's pretty standard for a demo adventure.  Unfortunately, it does limit what can be done within it due to the time frame.  I will agree, it will likely have one combat and one social encounter with maybe a little bit of investigation or something. It really can't have much more than that and still be a 2-hour demo adventure.

Basically, think of it as a single Act opening/introduction to the larger Adventure/campaign they have planned to release.

dvang said:

The fact is, the adventure needs to be designed to complete in about 2 hours of play.  That's pretty standard for a demo adventure.  Unfortunately, it does limit what can be done within it due to the time frame.  I will agree, it will likely have one combat and one social encounter with maybe a little bit of investigation or something. It really can't have much more than that and still be a 2-hour demo adventure.

Basically, think of it as a single Act opening/introduction to the larger Adventure/campaign they have planned to release.

You could be right becouse FFG said something about that it would be a whole 1 act from a big adventure/campain. Can't wait for more information about this. Not the most excitement for me will bring this demo and the plans for future.