Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rimmer3

Quest must be completed ASAP

Recommended Posts

I was on the Crown of Command and my girlfriend cast Path of Destiny on me. (Spell. Cast on any character that does not have a quest at the start of hist turn. That character must draw and accept a Warlock Quest Card.) I drew "Discard Three Gold". I had them, so I discarded them and I was teleported to the Warlock's Cave. Was that right procedure?

What if I didn't have enough gold? Would there be any effect?

What if I didn't have enough gold but had the Alchemist? Would I have to alchemise my objects to gold to accomplish the quest?

Rules say: Quest must be completed as soon as possible. But where is the line? If I have the quest "Travel to the Cursed Glade" and my die roll can move me there do I have to go there even if I don't want to? Do I have to attack the sentinel, character, animal, dragon etc. as soon as possible?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is physically not possible because.......if your playing talisman then there is no way you have a girl friend!

Ok im just kidding i just had to say that

 

but in all seriousness yes you did play it correctly because all quests are musts and immediate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one more addition though!

you must complete the quest as soon as possible which made you instantly move to the cave!

if the quest was move to the city or something you dont have to go do it you just have to complete it if its possible which the gold one was!

also you can't pass through the portal of power if you have a active quest but if you have a quest after passing through the portal your fine unless your teleported back past the portal thus you need to go finish it before you can go through it again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rimmer said:

I was on the Crown of Command and my girlfriend cast Path of Destiny on me. (Spell. Cast on any character that does not have a quest at the start of hist turn. That character must draw and accept a Warlock Quest Card.) I drew "Discard Three Gold". I had them, so I discarded them and I was teleported to the Warlock's Cave. Was that right procedure?

What if I didn't have enough gold? Would there be any effect?

What if I didn't have enough gold but had the Alchemist? Would I have to alchemise my objects to gold to accomplish the quest?

Rules say: Quest must be completed as soon as possible. But where is the line? If I have the quest "Travel to the Cursed Glade" and my die roll can move me there do I have to go there even if I don't want to? Do I have to attack the sentinel, character, animal, dragon etc. as soon as possible?

 

You play it right,

As soon you have 3 gold, then you complete the quest.

You don;t have to use the alchemist. It;s a good question actually.

Warlock cards will only activate when you have the object or the gold etc

This is how i play it at least gui%C3%B1o.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I belong to the school of interpretation "ASAP rule is valid only for quests that require you to discard something (or similar)".

If the Quests would go beyond that, forcing you , for example, to go to a particular direction or to use your abilities in a certain way, that would open a can of worms of problems...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK. So what about this scenarios:

The Quest forces me to discard one follower. I don't have any. I draw a Familiar. I don't want him because he would cost me one life and then dissappear. Am I able to refuse him? lengua.gif

or

I must visit the Enchantress. I land on the City. Can I visit the Alchymist instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rimmer said:

The Quest forces me to discard one follower. I don't have any. I draw a Familiar. I don't want him because he would cost me one life and then dissappear. Am I able to refuse him? lengua.gif

This is a trickier (at least for me) than the second one. Familiar comes with a cost, so I would lean toward it being optional to

Rimmer said:

I must visit the Enchantress. I land on the City. Can I visit the Alchymist instead?

Here I'd say you must visit the Enchantress before you can visit the Doctor or Alchemist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rimmer said:

The Quest forces me to discard one follower. I don't have any. I draw a Familiar. I don't want him because he would cost me one life and then dissappear. Am I able to refuse him? lengua.gif

I think you can refuse to take the familiar.

Rimmer said:

I must visit the Enchantress. I land on the City. Can I visit the Alchymist instead?

Houserule it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...