Sign in to follow this  
traitorer

Some quick questions

Ok the first question is about Developments.  I know what they do and if i am correct i can play one a turn just by putting a card face down in an area of my battleboard thing.  Now am i allowed to play one a turn and still play unit cards?  The other question i have about developments is if i am playing empire (my fav deck to use right now)  and i play the city gates card that says After your turn begins, p.ace the top card of your deck into this zone as a development am i still allowed to play a development that turn?  Last about the developments is am i able to ever convert my developments into the card and have them turn face up?

My other question is about the race icon.  i know that when i play a card i have to pay the cost in resorces in the ammount of the cost in the upper left corner and the icons below that less the number of icons i have in play.  I know that i start with one icon on my board, now everytime i play a card does the icon on the unit card for example add to the number of icons i have on the board?  Also in the rules it says that i can never have a cost of zero icons.  So if have a card that has a zero cost in the upper left of the card and only 1 icon like one of the cards my son has in the chaos deck he uses does that mean that he still has to pay one resource to play the card?

Thanks for the help ahead of time and i hope to have more fun with this game in the future.

traitorer said:

Ok the first question is about Developments.  I know what they do and if i am correct i can play one a turn just by putting a card face down in an area of my battleboard thing.  Now am i allowed to play one a turn and still play unit cards?  The other question i have about developments is if i am playing empire (my fav deck to use right now)  and i play the city gates card that says After your turn begins, p.ace the top card of your deck into this zone as a development am i still allowed to play a development that turn?  Last about the developments is am i able to ever convert my developments into the card and have them turn face up?

Playing a Development only removes the option of playing another dev this turn, doesn't in any way hinder your ability to play your other cards. Playing a dev does count as an action, so your opponent does have the option of responding to it. City Gates doesn't use up the development limit (nor does something like Wake the Mountain). Abandoned Mine can get a development back to hand, Rip Dere 'Eads Off! is a one-shotter for a development that is a unit card, until the end of the turn.

traitorer said:

My other question is about the race icon.  i know that when i play a card i have to pay the cost in resorces in the ammount of the cost in the upper left corner and the icons below that less the number of icons i have in play.  I know that i start with one icon on my board, now everytime i play a card does the icon on the unit card for example add to the number of icons i have on the board?  Also in the rules it says that i can never have a cost of zero icons.  So if have a card that has a zero cost in the upper left of the card and only 1 icon like one of the cards my son has in the chaos deck he uses does that mean that he still has to pay one resource to play the card?

No, loyalty can go to 0, just not below.

"A card’s cost is determined by adding the card’s
printed cost (the numerical value in the upper left
hand corner of the card) and its loyalty cost (the number
of loyalty icons under the printed cost minus the
number of matching race symbols the player controls
in play). Notice that each Capital Board has one race
symbol for the race it represents. A card’s loyalty cost
cannot be less than zero." (p. 11)

I appreciate that help the only other question i have is do the race icons on the card of each unit help to pay for the race icons on the card you want to pay.  Say my flagellants have a race icon on them and i want to play another card tht needs 2 resorces and 2 icons.  I would have one icon from the battle board would the icon on the flagellants count as the other one or do i only ever have one race icon?

All you have count. Bloodthirster would be even more pricey than his 8+ 5 Chaos loyalty if you only ever got 1 loyalty. After you get 2-3 units out there, loyalty costs pretty much are negated (in mono-faction decks at least).

Dam said:

Playing a dev does count as an action, so your opponent does have the option of responding to it.

Can you respond to it even if it is not an Action:? I know you could now play an action of your own. I was under the impression action chains (the stack) are created by use of effects, that player actions themselves did not create them. I'll need to look back over the rules and FAQ it has been a while since I've read them.

IIRC, you can respond to them since they count as taking an action, but you can't respond to an Action: by an opponent by playing a unit/support/dev.

FAQ, p. 1-2:

"Playing a unit, support, development, or
quest card from hand are actions with
restrictions built into them. The restrictions
are:

They cannot be played in response to
anything

They must be played during the owner’s
Capital Phase"