Sign in to follow this  
Amante

"Whispers In The Dark" Spoilers

Eight cards not listed above.  Couldn't find any of them in the deckbuilder so I assume they are all new?

Hastur:

Nightstalker   Character Cost: 3, Skill: 3, TTA Monster  1 Terror Icon Booster

The Sirens of Hell   Event Cost: 0 (1 Hastur Steadfast)    Madness Response: After a character goes insane, destroy that insane character

Misk:

Perpetual Silence Event Cost: 3 Action: All characters in play lose their printed icons until the end of the phase.

Shub:

Ferocious Dark Young Character Cost: 3, Skill: 2, TC   Dark Young. Servitor. Response: After Ferocious Dark Young enters play, put another copy of Ferocious Dark Young into play from your discard pile.

Syndicate:

Want Ads Support Cost: 0 (2 Synd Steadfast) Attachment. Item. - - Attach to an opponent's character.   Forced Response: After attached character is put into its owner's discard pile, draw 2 cards.

*The Laundromat Support Cost: 2 Location. Action: Pay 2 and place a card from your hand to the bottom of your deck to draw 1 card.

Yog:

Casting off the Skin Event Cost: 2 Spell. Action: Choose one of your characters committed to a story.  That character gains TC for each character committed to that story until the end of the phase.

Neutral:

*The Yoggoth Contract Support Attachment. Item.  Attach to a character you control.  Attached character gains "Action: Pay 1 and sacrifice a character to draw 2 cards."

* = Unique

Wow.  There's some fun packed in there.  I've been dying for a way to voluntarily sacrifice characters and now we have the Contract.  Mwwahahahah.

Chevee

The Friday articles ARE awesome, though for this pack in particular, having 13 cards known before it got here was just a bit much.  The excitement just wasn't there.  Four or five is okay.

Keep up the good work Marius!

Chevee

Okay, apparently you cannot edit your post once you have submitted it and I was unaware that my double-hyphens would be omitted.  So, I post again with better formatting:

Eight cards not listed above. Couldn't find any of them in the deckbuilder so I assume they are all new?

Hastur:
Nightstalker - Character
Cost: 3
Skill: 3
Icons: TTA
Text Box:
Monster
1 Terror Icon Booster

The Sirens of Hell - Event
Cost: 0 (1 Hastur Steadfast)
Text Box:
Madness
Response: After a character goes insane, destroy that insane character

Miskatonic:
Perpetual Silence - Event
Text Box:
Action: All characters in play lose their printed icons until the end of the phase.

Shub:
Ferocious Dark Young – Character
Skill: 2
Icons: TC
Text Box:
Dark Young. Servitor.
Response: After Ferocious Dark Young enters play, put another copy of Ferocious Dark Young into play from your discard pile.

Syndicate:
Want Ads – Support
Cost: 0 (2 Synd Steadfast)
Text Box:
Attachment. Item.
Attach to an opponent's character. Forced Response: After attached character is put into its owner's discard pile, draw 2 cards.

*The Laundromat – Support
Cost: 2
Text Box:
Location.
Action: Pay 2 and place a card from your hand to the bottom of your deck to draw 1 card.

Yog:
Casting off the Skin - Event
Cost: 2
Text Box:
Spell.
Action: Choose one of your characters committed to a story. That character gains TC for each character committed to that story until the end of the phase.

Neutral:
*The Yoggoth Contract - Support
Cost: 1
Text Box:
Attachment. Item.
Attach to a character you control. Attached character gains "Action: Pay 1 and sacrifice a character to draw 2 cards."

* = Unique

Chevee

Random_Person said:

The Friday articles ARE awesome, though for this pack in particular, having 13 cards known before it got here was just a bit much.  The excitement just wasn't there.  Four or five is okay.

Keep up the good work Marius!

Chevee

Yeah, it wasn't planned like that. Though this week I'm opening a new pack, and I'll try to keep it within one digit... ;) It's going to be exciting, so... tune in! :D

Yay Marius! Yay previews! Yay spoils!

So, Erin Moirai and Broken Glasses are the two unreleased spoils.

The new AP numbering is downright strange. Can anyone see a pattern?

I do like the new distribution - old news, but an obvious change once you've got the new AP in hand. AP sales will surely take a hit in the short run. Here's to indoctrinating more cultists.

I am very happy with the first AP of the 'Yuggoth Contract' series!

The art is as good as it's ever been if not better. 'Empty Sockets' is gruesome and I love it!

I've always felt that envelope needed pushing! It's primarily a 'horror' theme after all.

This first AP might have as much playability as the entire 'Dreamlands' series!

Random_Person said:

Eight cards not listed above.  Couldn't find any of them in the deckbuilder so I assume they are all new?

Hastur:

Nightstalker   Character Cost: 3, Skill: 3, TTA Monster  1 Terror Icon Booster

The Sirens of Hell   Event Cost: 0 (1 Hastur Steadfast)    Madness Response: After a character goes insane, destroy that insane character

Misk:

Perpetual Silence Event Cost: 3 Action: All characters in play lose their printed icons until the end of the phase.

Shub:

Ferocious Dark Young Character Cost: 3, Skill: 2, TC   Dark Young. Servitor. Response: After Ferocious Dark Young enters play, put another copy of Ferocious Dark Young into play from your discard pile.

Syndicate:

Want Ads Support Cost: 0 (2 Synd Steadfast) Attachment. Item. - - Attach to an opponent's character.   Forced Response: After attached character is put into its owner's discard pile, draw 2 cards.

*The Laundromat Support Cost: 2 Location. Action: Pay 2 and place a card from your hand to the bottom of your deck to draw 1 card.

Yog:

Casting off the Skin Event Cost: 2 Spell. Action: Choose one of your characters committed to a story.  That character gains TC for each character committed to that story until the end of the phase.

Neutral:

*The Yoggoth Contract Support Attachment. Item.  Attach to a character you control.  Attached character gains "Action: Pay 1 and sacrifice a character to draw 2 cards."

* = Unique

Wow.  There's some fun packed in there.  I've been dying for a way to voluntarily sacrifice characters and now we have the Contract.  Mwwahahahah.

Chevee

Thanks a lot for the spoilers !

Could make send me scans of those cards for the DeckBuilder update, please ?

Anyone able to make scans for Secrets of Arkham ?

Cheers,

Nyarla

Random_Person said:

I'll see if I can take them to work and scan them there.

Chevee

That would be great happy.gif

Please, use my email to send them (you can find it on the Help and Support page of the DeckBuilder home site).

Thanks !

Nyarla

You just know nyarlazorbec's got a great new deck builder just waiting to launch.

Whispers in the Dark is indeed good. Different too. Certainly the three of each card is a great change. The set is well put together and not sloppy. It comes out in the wake of the great Secrets of Arkham Expansion. The pool is and feels bigger. It's not like this nineteenth AP is all that different than AP world. Sure the numbering is totally crazy, and some factions got three cards. There are still a range of beautiful cards and also visually mundane cards - perhaps the MUs, Tyler, Empty Sockets, for me at least. For me no all-time favorites yet out of this AP. No, what surprises me is this strong start to the Yuggoth Contract. I was unsure going in - post Dreamlands and all.

The difference, I think, and what's noticeable, are the highly functional cards with factionally flavorful effects. Perhaps they got more daring again. Perhaps we are a step closer to the CCG heyday, when deck-types grew on trees and the game was a veritable garden of eden. Perhaps James Haata (sp) has shown his mark. Perhaps Yog's Speak to the Dead is that important.

And Nate's story is off to a good start.

I think we can call it the end to the supposed Kitchen Table era.

Regionals season will give way to a new National Champion August 6th.

Cultists Craft your Elder Signs! ia!