Sign in to follow this  
Darth Veggie

1.5 LEAK: Pass tokens and other stuff

On the german asmodee page one can already download the learn to play rules of the separatists - which effectively means 1.5 rules!

Here is the link (german document).

I had only little time to look into them. But first sweet takeaways:

• No more than 1 unique squad per 100 fleet points (it says "unique", not "with defense tokens")
  • There will be focus tokens (look like chaff tokens, but are blue)
  • Pass tokens:
    • Before ships are DEPLOYED fleet sizes are compared. The player with less ships gets one token per ships less (BUT -1, if he is first player).
    • Instead of activating you can permanently discard a pass token, BUT
      • You cannot do it twice in a row.
      • You cannot do it with your first activation, if you are first player.
      • Edit: You cannot spend a pass token as second player if more of your ships are not activated than those of your opponent. You cannot spend pass tokens as first player, if you have as many or more not activated ships than your opponent.
  • Edit: Evade: Evade tokens can be spent to reroll a die even at close range (even at distance 1). If the defending ship is smaller than the attacker, he can discard an evade token in order to affect an additional die.

Hopefully, I will find soon more sweeties!

Edited by Darth Veggie

1 minute ago, Green Knight said:

Evade works at short range/distance 1, giving a reroll. 

That's pretty big. 

You speak German? Next time I must be cautious what swear words I write in the VASSAL channell! 😉

But even more: If you use an evade token against a bigger ship you can discard it in order to affect an additional die!

Hardcell has evade, redirect, brace.  5 hull 1 blue anti squad (v1) another blue black.  1 cmd 1 sqd 2 repair,  speed 3   1 - 2 clicks         2 - | |      3 - | | -   . shields same as a neb.  Title Best of Burden exhaust.

just what I see.

Huge boost to survivability for smalls. Small with agate off to refresh an evade? 

Edited by Wolf_58

3 minutes ago, Wolf_58 said:

we get 12 raid tokens per starter (I think)

Nope, it says 6.

3 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Is this for tournament rules though?

As a lear to play, most likely not.

7 minutes ago, Formynder4 said:

That's not a change.

Aren't the current rules that a game round is played till the end?

BTW: Damage decks are now standard sized (not mini).

At least in the German version it doesn't precisely define whether it's one unique squad with defense tokens per full 100 fleet points or per started 100 points. But that might only ever be a problem if you play with odd fleet points like 250 or so (2 or 3 aces?).

Upgrades for multiple factions are a thing now.

Edited by TheWampa

2 minutes ago, TheWampa said:

At least in the German version it doesn't precisely define whether it's one unique squad with defense tokens per full 100 fleet points or per started 100 points. But that might only ever be a problem if you play with odd fleet points like 250 or so (2 or 3 aces?).

Upgrades for multiple factions are a thing now.

basically if you round up or round down? Most likely down.

36 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Why the **** can't FFG ever manage a coordinated release? 🙄🙄🙄

Why put i up in German but not English? 

The German Asmodee page it absolutely terrible, but I don't think this is on purpose. There is isn't even an article on the Republic starter yet, and the rules are only linked as a bonus-item on the Separatist starter product page. Just like some weeks ago with the German squad expansions (and those PDFs are still online, btw). They don't even seem to care?