phoenix7000

Republic ship article #2: Ready For Battle.

Nice to know the Republic will start with a way to get Fleet Support upgrades (if just one per list). Also some more ways to spread out Command Tokens.

Room for Engine Techs and an Offensive or Defensive Retrofit, but only one redirect and evade. The anti-squadron on the Armed one is interesting.

4 minutes ago, mattmaclaren31 said:

So assault concussion missiles  gets a 2 point decrease 👀

Interesting...What then will become of APTs? will they get a decrease as well? or are they doomed to fall into obscurity? Either way this bodes well for other, actually overpriced upgrades.

1 minute ago, Grumbleduke said:

But is an exhaust; so no double-arcing. If the same goes for APTs Gladiators, MC75 Ordnances and MC30s aren't going to be happy.

Ah. Did not notice that, that balances it a lot more.

32 minutes ago, phoenix7000 said:

Interesting...What then will become of APTs? will they get a decrease as well? or are they doomed to fall into obscurity? Either way this bodes well for other, actually overpriced upgrades.

I can’t imagine them not changing APTs to an exhaust too. Not sure on the points decrease, but if they didn’t make it an exhaust they would be essentially deleting ACM since one can double arc and one couldn’t. This seems like an indirect way to nerf to Demo/Admo very slightly. Or at least curtail the fantastic burst damage they could do. 

Now if only they reduce Expanded Launchers, my Sato-powered EL, WAB MC75 will have its day. 

24 minutes ago, cadetvw said:

Now if only they reduce Expanded Launchers, my Sato-powered EL, WAB MC75 will have its day. 

I love that configuration. Hope they indeed change EL

So the Consular has Turbolasers and Ordnance, too. I like it but i'm really curious which republic ship is gonna have the ion cannon slot. The Venator just has Turbolasers and Torpedos, too. Arquitens has Turbos and Missiles. And even the Stealth Ship has just Torps and i think a few Lasers. We ran into this ion problem when designing ships for our Clone Wars Set, too. We then decided to give it to the Pelta, since it has the least well defined armament of all Republic ships. I wonder how they will handle it. Will the Republic even have Ion Cannons? Maybe Rep will only have Turbos and Ordnance, while Cis while have Ions on the Munificent and Providence but have Ordance only on the Providence.

1 hour ago, phoenix7000 said:

APT would have to be exhaust also, and come down to 4. It's the only logical thing.

Edited by Green Knight

52 minutes ago, Thrindal said:

OK APT change is interesting but I think if you are using the Armed Cruiser into close range hoping one black die (two if you CF) will get the crit to trigger APTs then you won't last long and might not be the best use for the ship.

True but 2 dice and 1 crit is about 43% chance add a reroll and that should jump you over 50%. Yeah it is no 80% but it does give you +2 dmg. Survivability... flanking, repair cmds (bail) or even that title to get out of the way!

What about cpt. Zack + CF dial makes 3 black out if the side arc?

Edited by Wolf_58

24 minutes ago, Wolf_58 said:

True but 2 dice and 1 crit is about 43% chance add a reroll and that should jump you over 50%. Yeah it is no 80% but it does give you +2 dmg. Survivability... flanking, repair cmds (bail) or even that title to get out of the way!

What about cpt. Zack + CF dial makes 3 black out if the side arc?

I am guessing that Clone Captain Zak will not work on the Armed Cruiser because it does not have the Clone Key word.

3 minutes ago, Thrindal said:

I am guessing that Clone Captain Zak will not work on the Armed Cruiser because it does not have the Clone Key word.

I think this is right but i think him and ltt on the charger could be great

2 minutes ago, ExplosiveTooka said:

Zek + Dcaps is only 53 points right? Add in IF when the republic inevitably gets access to a fleet command, and now you're cooking.

Not sure how Dcaps is that great.  No side blues.  Just one in the front and one in the back.  

1 hour ago, >kkj said:

So the Consular has Turbolasers and Ordnance, too. I like it but i'm really curious which republic ship is gonna have the ion cannon slot. The Venator just has Turbolasers and Torpedos, too. Arquitens has Turbos and Missiles. And even the Stealth Ship has just Torps and i think a few Lasers. We ran into this ion problem when designing ships for our Clone Wars Set, too. We then decided to give it to the Pelta, since it has the least well defined armament of all Republic ships. I wonder how they will handle it. Will the Republic even have Ion Cannons? Maybe Rep will only have Turbos and Ordnance, while Cis while have Ions on the Munificent and Providence but have Ordance only on the Providence.

Are there a dearth of ion weapons in the GAR? I mean, Ion damage is (in lore) great against two things: Shields and electronics. The GAR was literally mostly fighting SHIELDED ROBOTS. Nobody thought to equip ion cannons?

17 minutes ago, Thrindal said:

Ah, but CCZ doesn't have the "clone only" text that we see on Battle Droid Reserves. I'd say he would work on the Armed Cruiser.

Of course, this is making stabs in the dark, since no one (except the playtesters) know the final rules regarding the keywords.

5 minutes ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Are there a dearth of ion weapons in the GAR? I mean, Ion damage is (in lore) great against two things: Shields and electronics. The GAR was literally mostly fighting SHIELDED ROBOTS. Nobody thought to equip ion cannons?

There is this fan-theory, that that's the reason why the GARs Turbolasers and Blasters are blue. They could be some sort of ion-enhanced Turbolasers. (But not the starfighters cannons, because out-of-universe they were chosen to be green to foreshadow the Tie Fighters)

Edited by >kkj

59 minutes ago, ExplosiveTooka said:

Zek + Dcaps is only 53 points right? Add in IF when the republic inevitably gets access to a fleet command, and now you're cooking.

Flag Bridge, my dude. You just get it once, but sometimes that's all you need. :)

3 hours ago, Grumbleduke said:

But is an exhaust; so no double-arcing. If the same goes for APTs Gladiators, MC75 Ordnances and MC30s aren't going to be happy.

I'll happily take ACMs being exhaustible for the 2 points reduction. Double-arcing with ACM was OP'd and would've been game-breaking if it wasn't so rare. This welcome change to ACM fixes that problem and makes ACMs more affordable. 👍👍