Sign in to follow this  
stev

Pictures of clone wars boxes

That Acclamator's point job looks... sad. Maybe its the photo, but it looks like it has the same problem as some of the Wave 1 ships had, almost no wash. If it really comes like that in the box, im def gonna "upgrade" that ships pointjob.

1 hour ago, WalrusofDoom said:

Looks like throwing some null oil or the like on them would help a ton. 

But only if you apply it very carefully as a pin wash and clean up everything afterwards. Otherwise you'll just achieve a very dirty grey look.

It might also help to use an oil-based or lacquer-based wash instead of an acrylic one - it's much, much easier to clean up spills with them.

Paint job to one side, I was expecting the Acclamator to be a bit bigger.

I'm not up to date with X-Wing these days as I stopped playing when 2nd Edition came about but I have a 1st Edition Slave 1 knocking around still. Assuming Jango's Slave 1 pictured above is the same size as the first edition model we can roughly extrapoloate from this photo an approximate size. In the photo the Acclamator looks to be slightly longer than Jango's Slave 1, I can't be 100% on this because of angles etc but it's close enough. The 1st edition Slave 1 I have is 9cm long, so we can assume the Acclamator will be at least 9.5cm, possibly 10cm. For context the Victory is 13cm long.

I don't really know what point I'm making here, just thought it would be bigger.

16 minutes ago, Blinky82 said:

I'm not up to date with X-Wing these days as I stopped playing when 2nd Edition came about but I have a 1st Edition Slave 1 knocking around still. Assuming Jango's Slave 1 pictured above is the same size as the first edition model we can roughly extrapoloate from this photo an approximate size. In the photo the Acclamator looks to be slightly longer than Jango's Slave 1, I can't be 100% on this because of angles etc but it's close enough. The 1st edition Slave 1 I have is 9cm long, so we can assume the Acclamator will be at least 9.5cm, possibly 10cm. For context the Victory is 13cm long.

I don't really know what point I'm making here, just thought it would be bigger.

Which makes total sense, since the Vic is 900 m in canon and the Acc 752 m

4 hours ago, sasska said:

I'm more concerned about the size of the munificent and the Hardcell compared to each other. 

I think we all knew that it would be a smaller medium base ship. I think they look fine.

But yeah, the Seppies have way better paint jobs than the Republic I think.

5 hours ago, Blinky82 said:

Funny, I said to myself, “Oh, the Acclamator is bigger than I thought it would be.”

The Separatist ships look terrific. The Republic ships look a bit too “bright,” though. They need to be dulled or muted somehow.

Why would anyone buy the Armada dial pack?  Is it just speed and command dials?  Seems like a real waste of production, packaging, and shipping resources for a product that is almost going to certainly fail to sell well.

3 hours ago, Frimmel said:

It is comforting to know that all of this stuff seems to be on schedule though the pic looks short an X-wing expansion. 

Oh, good catch, doesn't appear the ETA-2 is there...

Just now, EBerling said:

Why would anyone buy the Armada dial pack?  Is it just speed and command dials?  Seems like a real waste of production, packaging, and shipping resources for a product that is almost going to certainly fail to sell well.

There is speculation that going forward ship expansions will not contain command dials.

I wonder if there is simply a tremendous overstock of them and this dial pack is just an effort to get something out of them. 

Just now, Formynder4 said:

Because they're only included in the starter set now. Which saves on production, packaging, and shipping.

Ah, interesting.  That makes sense, then, though still seems like a weird wave to roll them out (rather than later, alongside Ship Expansion packs that actually lack the dials).

16 hours ago, stev said:

Saw this posted on an armada Facebook group. To be honest im disappointed in the republic paintjob.

126880124_428518601884716_5726757912943414604_o.jpg

I sincerely hope that the plastic wrap and light source are washing out the colour and details of the Acclamator, because it looks very different in that photo than the promo pic:

swm34-box-left_1.png

Both the Acclamator and Consular Corvettes in the promo pic look like they have a darkish wash applied, which makes the greebles pop and gives it the "lived-in universe" look that most Star Wars ships have.

If the Acclamator appears like it does in the OP's photo, I think I'll apply a dark wash to the miniature myself and try to get it looking right.

8 minutes ago, Captain Corvid said:

I sincerely hope that the plastic wrap and light source are washing out the colour and details of the Acclamator, because it looks very different in that photo than the promo pic:

swm34-box-left_1.png

Both the Acclamator and Consular Corvettes in the promo pic look like they have a darkish wash applied, which makes the greebles pop and gives it the "lived-in universe" look that most Star Wars ships have.

If the Acclamator appears like it does in the OP's photo, I think I'll apply a dark wash to the miniature myself and try to get it looking right.

Keep in mind that the second picture is not a photo, but a computer render.

2 hours ago, >kkj said:

Keep in mind that the second picture is not a photo, but a computer render.

Is that a fact?

Because it looks like it's a product glamor shot against a green screen, which would've allowed them to pull out a clean image in post. The box isn't wrapped it plastic in the promo photo, but if you look close at rear-left of the Acclamator, there's a kind of shimmer against the starfield, which is presumably from the plastic that holds the ship miniatures in place. I doubt they would include visual flaws like those in a digital render.

Also, the other promo photos look real to me, like this pic of the miniatures:

swm34-spread2.png

Again, I believe the mini's were shot against a green screen table and backdrop to capture clean images.

I know that FFG must have created 3D digital models for concept and manufacturing purposes, but applying 3D textures or digitally painting them to make them appear so realistic would be expensive and unnecessary. I'm fairly certain these are just digital photographs of the actual products.

Another possibility is that they are high quality artist proofs in the promo pics, and the production miniatures don't look as good.

I hope that's not the case.

On 11/23/2020 at 9:42 AM, sasska said:

Maybe a bit too white-ish. But otherwise looks awesome. 

I'm more concerned about the size of the munificent and the Hardcell compared to each other. 

On 11/23/2020 at 1:11 PM, geek19 said:

It's not the size of the.....acclamator, it's how you use it that matters. My girl thinks my.... acclamator is great!

Sir, are you sure you are talking about your acclamator? I think you mean your magnificence...ahem, munificent

Edited by Darth Veggie