phoenix7000

What weird thing do YOU want in armada 1.5?

Personally, i would like to see digital costs for everything. And before you complain, they could STILL release a PDF with all the current costs that you can print if you want to have all the necessary game components in a physical form. I just think it's way more elegant and easier to adjust the game balance when you don't have to constantly errata stuff or release new upgrades that specifically boost old releases.

35 minutes ago, phoenix7000 said:

19pt Admiral Ozzel. Fight me. 

In all seriousness what off-meta thing do you want to change in 1.5?

I'll bite.

The SSD-1 was designed around a minimum 20 point commander. Having a 19 point commander would make a 33 hull, 6/5/5/3 shield, 6 defense token ship legal for tournament play. It would be incredibly difficult to burn through that much beef in 6 rounds.

2 minutes ago, ianediger said:

I'll bite.

The SSD-1 was designed around a minimum 20 point commander. Having a 19 point commander would make a 33 hull, 6/5/5/3 shield, 6 defense token ship legal for tournament play. It would be incredibly difficult to burn through that much beef in 6 rounds.

We have a winner!

There are probably a few rules wording changes that would be helpful, to tighten them up a bit.

It would be great if they fixed the Advanced Gunnery/Gunnery Team interaction; they're stuck the way they are with the current rules, but it would be nice if one or both got re-worded so they stacked. It might make Advanced Gunnery a reasonable objective...

1 minute ago, phoenix7000 said:

We have a winner!

That wasn't a knock on you, it was just me explaining why a 19 point comm. most likely wouldn't happen. Trust me, I'd love to be able to play the epic versions of the SSD in tourney play.

As for what I'd want, I'd echo the Duke above me and want some tighter wording on upgrades and objectives.

1 minute ago, ianediger said:

That wasn't a knock on you, it was just me explaining why a 19 point comm. most likely wouldn't happen. Trust me, I'd love to be able to play the epic versions of the SSD in tourney play.

As for what I'd want, I'd echo the Duke above me and want some tighter wording on upgrades and objectives.

Don't worry about it, I was curious to see how long it took for someone to crack the joke😁. To be more realistic I am hoping some of the extreme-jank/terrible cards such as rapid reload and redundant shields get some points updates.

42 minutes ago, phoenix7000 said:

Don't worry about it, I was curious to see how long it took for someone to crack the joke 😁

The answer is immediately. 😜

My wishes for V1.5 and/or Atomic Mass Armada:

1. First Order/Resistance (I make no apologies! haha)
  2. Scum (a mostly cardboard/paper faction, with the occasional new ship release -- C-ROC flotilla with Broken Horn, for example)
  3. Greater differentiation by type between factions, rather than differentiation by degree. I think the factions should not only have unique personalities, but unique capabilities as well (the Onager takes things in this direction, but I suspect we'll see ignition arcs make the jump to the Separatists soon enough).

1 hour ago, LostFleet said:

Maybe a re-release of a much better looking ship ( sorry for AFmk2 lovers, but it is the ugly duckling of the fleet, I wish they chose Mark I in the first place).

imo the only Mark 1 I would rather see is the type 6 variant. All the other ones look like crap.

4 hours ago, LostFleet said:

Maybe a re-release of a much better looking ship ( sorry for AFmk2 lovers, but it is the ugly duckling of the fleet, I wish they chose Mark I in the first place).

Make it a tad smaller and it would be fine. It's significantly fatter than Home One...

Make the Mark I also 

Also. Vader Squadron with dodge and adept

Remove or edit Yavaris. All Nebs get Offensive Retrofit slot. That giant antennae should mean something in comms..

Civilian ships/fleet pack with objectives (like Merchant convoy pack from Victory at Sea) 

Ewoks boarding troopers :D

Edited by Muelmuel

Redundant sheilds- more shields/timing change or price down

DTT- something to make it competitive with LTT

Cluster bombs token refresh

PDR - medium range and/or accuracy reroll aswell 

LS and nks points changes

Tactical expert ect.. either a discard to get a dial or hand out 1 token per turn. (Hard to change with out stepping on the Super tactical droids toes)

17 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

First Order/Resistance (I make no apologies! haha)

If we are talking about a new are i'd opt for Old Republic and Sith Empire. Because it is a great and very different era imo compared to either GCW or CW.

Point changes / some rework to several upgrade cards that are never/rarely used (Cluster bombs, redundant shields for example)

Rework of flak to make it more realistic

(what kind of non sense is the Squadron OR Ship  target from the same hull zone?! i know, i know balance... but not really realistic imo... you won't fire your biggest guns at some stupid starfighters, except if you are Yamato from the movie Yamato)

I'd like to see commanders cost directly proportional to how many ships/squadrons/things in your fleet that can be affected by that commander.

Examples:

Tarkin costs a base 25 points. His cost goes up by 2 for every ship in your fleet.
Ozzel starts at 15 points. Add 1 point to his cost for every ship in your fleet.
Sloan starts at 20 points. Add 1 point for every squadron without rogue in your fleet.

I think this might help more commanders see use in tourneys and it's scalable for sector fleet games.

Rule changes that would follow: No huge ships in 400 point games. Commanders with exhaust continue to have a fixed cost.

17 minutes ago, thestag said:

I'd like to see commanders cost directly proportional to how many ships/squadrons/things in your fleet that can be affected by that commander.

Examples:

Tarkin costs a base 25 points. His cost goes up by 2 for every ship in your fleet.
Ozzel starts at 15 points. Add 1 point to his cost for every ship in your fleet.
Sloan starts at 20 points. Add 1 point for every squadron without rogue in your fleet.

I think this might help more commanders see use in tourneys and it's scalable for sector fleet games.

Rule changes that would follow: No huge ships in 400 point games. Commanders with exhaust continue to have a fixed cost.

It's a great concept, and one that makes a lot of sense, the only few issues I can see is the implementation of the point costs (hard to balance).  Also the learning curve (especially for new players) would be significant. Besides that, the game could well use those fluid values to greatly spice up the meta.

Edited by phoenix7000

I'd like to see a second medium sized ship for the rebels - the MC40 Light Calamari Cruiser with a decent sculpt.

Less maneuverable than the AFMK2, but more flexible in terms of equipment. No red armament. One variant as a dedicated squadron carrier, similar to the Quasarfire Carrier. The other variant as a fleet supporter.

I want a lot of things, but more than probably anything, I think I want to see Crippling Rules for all ships (or I’d like them removed from the SSD), and I would like to see the SSD rebalanced so it’s somehow a viable choice in 400 point games. The thing just gets hard countered by MC30’s, and it doesn’t seem very well balanced against Starhawks either. Add to that that it really is only usable with one Commander (Jerjerrod, who’s basically required for several Imperial ships to be worthwhile), and the thing is just kind of bad. It needs more dice on the auxiliary zones, too. And it needs native Salvo. 

Either most/all of these things, or it needs to be SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper, so you can fly it with meaningful support.

Hmm, I guess I’m really much unhappier with the SSD’s design than I’d realized.