Sign in to follow this  
Formynder4

New Separatist article

14 hours ago, Dirgepiper said:

I'm just saying, @ffg I ain't feeling super blitzed right now.

I was feeling a little blitzed, but I don't think it was because of FFG...

As an aside, I'm not sure which is worse, only one Armada article this week, or the one Armada article being the only news so far this week.

16 minutes ago, mattmaclaren31 said:

So FFG did post something about the Munificent, just the arcs, like with the acc-2, no article with it or anything

They did that last week, so I guess that means we are getting the Munificent-class article on Monday. Extrapolating inappropriately, that probably means articles on 23 November and 30 November as well, maybe one for the Squadron packs, and one for the Upgrade Card Pack and rules changes?

11 minutes ago, mattmaclaren31 said:

So FFG did post something about the Munificent, just the arcs, like with the acc-2, no article with it or anything

FEE1221F-BADB-4BE3-8526-30A35FD92884.jpeg

So the CIS Starter Article probably won’t appear until next Monday then. I’m curious as whether we will get all of the spoilers before release, if FFG choose to stick to releasing articles on Mondays only.

23 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

They did that last week, so I guess that means we are getting the Munificent-class article on Monday. Extrapolating inappropriately, that probably means articles on 23 November and 30 November as well, maybe one for the Squadron packs, and one for the Upgrade Card Pack and rules changes?

That makes far too much sense for FFG to do it that way. 

1 hour ago, mattmaclaren31 said:

I really hoped the Star frigate version will have something resembling the prow cannons. (other than 2r/2b dice). But i guess this is fine, can't wait to see what upgrades it has!

1 hour ago, mattmaclaren31 said:

I'm liking the idea of using Swivel-Mount Batteries to add a long-range blue die to its broadside. Won't be great for double arcing, but combine that with its double-red Salvo and it can get some pretty good long-range damage. And once you're in medium range, use a Hardcell with Munitions Resupply to pass a token to disable Swivel-Mounts and double-arc.

But I'll probably just end up with the boring choice of LTTs.

Edited by Flyinpenguin117

51 minutes ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

I'm liking the idea of using Swivel-Mount Batteries to add a long-range blue die to its broadside. Won't be great for double arcing, but combine that with its double-red Salvo and it can get some pretty good long-range damage. And once you're in medium range, use a Hardcell with Munitions Resupply to pass a token to disable Swivel-Mounts and double-arc.

With Red Flak LTTs are anything but boring.

58 minutes ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

I mean with LTTs, if it ain't broke, don't fix it :P

Furthermore, with the Muni being a max speed 2... why would you spend almost double the points for an over-complicated swivel mount turret when Quads give you the same effect for just 5pts?

Edited by Cruzer

2 hours ago, mattmaclaren31 said:

I honestly don’t really think I’d ever not use enhanced armament on this over swivel mount batteries. If I remember correctly the manuverability on the Munificent looked great from the flash we saw on the gencon trailer, so double arcing *should* be fairly easy. What situations do y’all think SMB would be better than Enhanced Armament, because I can only think of one: when your list is 2 points over the limit.

3 minutes ago, redleader002 said:

I honestly don’t really think I’d ever not use enhanced armament on this over swivel mount batteries. If I remember correctly the manuverability on the Munificent looked great from the flash we saw on the gencon trailer, so double arcing *should* be fairly easy. What situations do y’all think SMB would be better than Enhanced Armament, because I can only think of one: when your list is 2 points over the limit.

A Cymoon or ISD-2.

Either is front arc focused and can benefit from a long range blue; the ISD-2 can use it to trigger leading shots.

Edit: or did you just mean for the Muni?  I guess a blue is still more reliable, but I'm not sold on it either.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

11 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

A Cymoon or ISD-2.

Either is front arc focused and can benefit from a long range blue; the ISD-2 can use it to trigger leading shots.

Edit: or did you just mean for the Muni?  I guess a blue is still more reliable, but I'm not sold on it either.

Swivel mounts is Republic/Seppies only

swm35_upgrade-swivel-mount-batteries.png

58 minutes ago, redleader002 said:

What situations do y’all think SMB would be better than Enhanced Armament, because I can only think of one: when your list is 2 points over the limit.

- blue dice at long for leading shots

- black dice at long for ACM/APT

- weighting a front arc for gunnery teams, but then being able to move the focus token as targets pass by you so you can then fire stronger side arc shots. 

- equalizing your front and side armaments to make it harder for an opponent to efficiently spend defense tokens against you. 

- use the fact that it can weaken your salvo to convince an opponent to shoot an adjacent arc with more shields instead of hitting an arc that goes straight to hull 

unless you only mean for the muni. In which case: It’s a bad card for the muni

Edited by Church14

40 minutes ago, Church14 said:

I was intending it to be only for the muni. That bit you mentioned about weakening a salvo has peaked my interest. I’d always assumed that dice pool altering cards like Spinal Armament wouldn’t affect salvo, but if they do my opinion on salvo has just greatly improved.

4 minutes ago, redleader002 said:

I was intending it to be only for the muni. That bit you mentioned about weakening a salvo has peaked my interest. I’d always assumed that dice pool altering cards like Spinal Armament wouldn’t affect salvo, but if they do my opinion on salvo has just greatly improved.

I wouldn't get too excited there. Salvo's rules say you can't add dice to them, I'm pretty sure that removing dice via obstruction or other effects is still fully on the table XP

9 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I wouldn't get too excited there. Salvo's rules say you can't add dice to them, I'm pretty sure that removing dice via obstruction or other effects is still fully on the table XP

Agree. 

1 hour ago, Church14 said:

Let's wait to see what else we got. Maybe it will have its use on the muni. Heck, the card itself depicts a muni, so it must be of some use. 

4 hours ago, redleader002 said:

Alongside this guy to proc long-range HIEs every turn

https://starwars-armada.fandom.com/wiki/Kraken

Granted, they can still evade that crit away if your target has one (and you don't confire a second blue that happens to come up as a crit). You can also technically do it with QBTs, but the Munificent wants to stay at speed 2 for those sweet 3 clicks of yaw.

Edited by Flyinpenguin117

15 hours ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

Alongside this guy to proc long-range HIEs every turn

https://starwars-armada.fandom.com/wiki/Kraken

Granted, they can still evade that crit away if your target has one (and you don't confire a second blue that happens to come up as a crit). You can also technically do it with QBTs, but the Munificent wants to stay at speed 2 for those sweet 3 clicks of yaw.

Kraken is „close to medium range“ only. Won‘t help for long-range HIE.

I feel a bit sad that all cards we saw yet (save Munition Resupply) are CW-only.

15 minutes ago, Triangular said:

Kraken is „close to medium range“ only. Won‘t help for long-range HIE.

I feel a bit sad that all cards we saw yet (save Munition Resupply) are CW-only.

I hope this will not change. I dont want to be forced into buying CW stuff only to remain competitive. The upgrade card pack is a great step into the right direction: You can have all the relevant cards without any need to buy irrelevant stuff. If they include generic cards in CW exclusive expansions, this jeopardizes those steps into the right direction.