Sign in to follow this  
Hiemfire

Card combo that has me drooling.

My drool combo (technically 3 cards):

741f05dbe0f7e56fc9918b86bdb0e3fb.pngswz81_upgrade_independent-calculations.p

be82da17cfd39003fda380bead210eb9.png

I was already a fan of just bringing DFS-311 with struts as a filler support ship.  Now they get to keep a Calculate for their own use?  Nice.

Throw this in with Grievous and a few Belbullabs, or Maul and a Firespray, or a few HMP, and it just seems like it'll work.

Independent Calculations doesn't seem like a great fit with DBS-32C, though.

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Calling it "Marg's pie".

One or more of these:

Swz23_foreman_proach.pngSwz23_a1_captain-seevor.pngSwz23_ahhav.pngSwz23_mining-guild-surveyor.png

Mix with a copy of both of these a piece:

swz80_upgrade_precison-ion-engines.pngswz81_upgrade_marg-sabl-clousre.png

Could work for a swarm, or as a janky filler. :D 

I think 6 surveyors with Marg might be even better enemy STRAIN FOR DAYS

I can't imagine the feeling of NPE if one lands 4-5 strain on one ship. crazy

1 hour ago, Cloaker said:

Nah, bring like 4 of them and 2 quadjumpers. Toss a bunch of strain and a tractor token or three on a ship, shoot it a bunch, with -2 AGL.

Round out with Torkil Mux(no title), for the initiative kills.

Edited by Cerebrawl

29 minutes ago, Cerebrawl said:

Nah, bring like 4 of them and 2 quadjumpers. Toss a bunch of strain and a tractor token or three on a ship, shoot it a bunch, with -2 AGL.

Round out with Torkil Mux(no title), for the initiative kills.

I already don't like strain, deplete and all that jazz, seems so unnessesary fidely. X-wing has sooo many tokens now, back in the day evade and focus would do.... Bla Bla old man talking.... 

4 hours ago, Dwing said:

I already don't like strain, deplete and all that jazz, seems so unnessesary fidely. X-wing has sooo many tokens now, back in the day evade and focus would do.... Bla Bla old man talking.... 

The game is certainly too component heavy. Wholeheartedly agree. Total mess to set up and keep up with, tournaments are so stressful to manage the pieces as well. 

9 hours ago, Cloaker said:

It's close to having Howlrunner, but with a very different (and arguably more difficult) hoop to jump through.

9 hours ago, Cloaker said:

54 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

It's close to having Howlrunner, but with a very different (and arguably more difficult) hoop to jump through.

Tractoring without the forced reposition... That's all strain tokens massed on a single target is.

36 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Tractoring without the forced reposition... That's all strain tokens massed on a single target is.

They are all TIEs getting some sort of extra mod past their usual focus tokens.  So like having Howlrunner, except you can't switch targets if it dies.

Though doing the math it does add what looks like a relatively significant fraction of a damage over having Howlrunner the more dice your target starts with.  OTOH, good luck doing it next turn.  And it gets harder if your opponent brings non-asteroid obstacles, since the math is actually better for Howlrunner (per shot - number of bodies dependent, of course) if you don't have a Focus.

Edited by Matanui3

It's a truly disgusting combo, but as mentioned above, quite situational. As with many similar tricks, I imagine it will work a lot better as an element in a Scum salad. Couple of these guys to approach from that one rock you managed to get in a good spot, the rest of the squad attempt to control the situation.

Kath and 4 surveyors with those upgrades seems fun. I have 17 points left in my list to fit them in. At the moment I use intimidate on them. Marg on Kath with Qi’ra as well. Hmm

I’m really looking forward to a swarm of Vwing with the “advanced optics but not” configuration card, combined with a high initiative missile carrier firing tracers at an enemy. It’s like the prequel era RZ2 heroic+optics consistency.

8 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

And.... less green dice for those accursed free-mod, easy-mode, stress-bump ignoring force users to alter BWAH HAH HA HA! 

#MissedPerformActionStepNoUseOfForceCharges2021

Just now, svelok said:

this all seems like a lot of effort to do slightly less damage than just bringing a third primary dice would've

I like the idea of using it in combination with tractor/intimidate/outmanever/etc to make 3 agility point fortresses roll a single green dice(or none).

See above with quadjumpers, but it could also be for example Starvipers with outmaneuver. (You could bring 3 mining TIEs with it, to support Outmaneuver Guri and an Outmanuver BSA).

20 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I mean, I don't think something like a pair of MSClosure Mining TIE filler/blocker will be bad.  I think they'll be solid little fillers.

But if I have the points for an Ion Cannon Scyk, I'd take that.

Kinda this. I imagine both cards will be pretty cheap, so a Surveyor with both will possibly come in at Autoblaster Scyk prices. At which point, you might well ask yourself why you aren't taking those instead.

Or just saving a few points and taking basic Spacers.

Or Sunny.

The answer is probably 'for funsies'.