Sciencius

Push The Limit, Eta-2

1 hour ago, reqent said:

The v wing is definitely the wild card of the wave.  They need to differentiate it from the torrent and I assume the eventual z95.  

From the preview though they did a great job of making the delta and eta feel different so I'm optimistic about the v wing.

The fact that it is a 2 attack 3 agility ship does a lot to differentiate it from the Naboo, Torrent, and Z-95. Old Obi-Wan's ability helps clone pilots out a lot, especially in durability, and that 3rd modded agility is so much better than just 2 modded agility. Granted, the V-Wing doesn't link out from green tokens, and that's inconvenient, but Shaak Ti lets you bank a green token for next turn, rather handy for the V-Wing in particular, especially if it wants to flex that boost that the Torrent and Z don't have. Let's not also forget that Aayla Secura pilot's support ability is purely passive and favors higher agility friends. You see far more Serissu with M3-A's than you do with Z-95's, no?

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

Could always go 3 red dice for the Clone z95 (or two with a built-in conditional 3rd die).  Like, a small base with 3/2/2/2 would be pretty interesting, and would certainly be quite different from the existing ones.  Clone Zs seem bigger than later ones, and representing that in the attack dice would be spicy.

Prequel faction tech is thematically represented as not quite as good as OT era stuff. Case in point, Jedi Interceptors don't hit hard unless they line the target up very specifically or give it a heavier model, which reduces its weaving agility capabilities despite the very small frame. The N-1 is very fast and can consistently dodge, but it pales in comparison to the same trick from the Empire's experimental TIE/D Defender. General Grievous' incredible hotrod is by OT faction stuff...quite outdated.

Since Republic likes to go more Proto-Empire for non-Clones but Proto-Rebels for Clones, I'm assuming they'll give the Clone Z-95 the exact statline of the other ones (since the Z-95 was outdated by the time of the Galactic Civil War and the statline seems very typical for a Prequel Era ship) but give it a ship ability that will increase effectiveness through Rebel-style work together abilities. Maybe...

Coordinated Attacks: While you perform a primary weapon attack, if the defender is in the bullseye of another friendly Z-95, you may roll 1 additional attack die.

23 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

Prequel faction tech is thematically represented as not quite as good as OT era stuff. Case in point, Jedi Interceptors don't hit hard unless they line the target up very specifically or give it a heavier model, which reduces its weaving agility capabilities despite the very small frame. The N-1 is very fast and can consistently dodge, but it pales in comparison to the same trick from the Empire's experimental TIE/D Defender. General Grievous' incredible hotrod is by OT faction stuff...quite outdated.

At the same time they also capture that some of the technology has worn down or been restricted by OT, like the Holonet. More accurate jump ins in the form of benefits for deployment feel very clever as a way to give unique benefits to the PT factions that the OT factions don't have, even if its epic only.

5 hours ago, reqent said:

I just hope its separatists I like it better when they alternate between factions.  Personally I hope its tri fighters because they are in the battle with the eta-2's

Are you asking if the new Firespray is on Seps faction here? We have confirmation that it is if so. When you look at it on the products page it had the Sep logo on it's box.

7 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

Are you asking if the new Firespray is on Seps faction here? We have confirmation that it is if so. When you look at it on the products page it had the Sep logo on it's box.

No I was staying that I like it when ffg alternate previews between factions . Instead of covering all the republic ships than the separatists stuff.  Not a big deal just a preference. 

8 hours ago, FriendofYoda said:

I really hope the V Wing has some sort of alpha strike capability, I like the idea of that boost>lock to hit hard and clear the path for supporting Jedi to mop up.

I am expecting the V Wing to be a suped up TIE Fighter, given it is the daddy of the TIE, made too expensive for mass production, on an Empire scale, but a decent work horse and upgrade of the V19.

Edited by Archangelspiv

11 hours ago, FriendofYoda said:

I really hope the V Wing has some sort of alpha strike capability, I like the idea of that boost>lock to hit hard and clear the path for supporting Jedi to mop up.

I do want to try Hawk with some V-Wings. End phase boost that you can link to a lock, then clear both the strain and stress with a blue. 

Im told a friend of mine ran Hawk, Obi, Ahsoka and Goji at the wknd, with success. Literally no idea, but I may get a closer look this wknd.... Or at least be able to ask him what the **** was going on there.

1 hour ago, 5050Saint said:

I do want to try Hawk with some V-Wings. End phase boost that you can link to a lock, then clear both the strain and stress with a blue. 

You can also do that with Kickback (torrent pilot) with a linked lock out of a barrell roll. 

Probably not good but still, a posibility. 

20 hours ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

In general, sure.

I think with the Z-95, my impression was that the Rebel/Scum widespread Z-95 was that it was a more "consumer" fighter, and perhaps not up to the same spec as the military hardware.  Maybe I'm just completely misremembering something out of the old "Orange" book, something easily decanonized too.

These two things barely look like the same ship.  Scale is pretty different, too.

latest?cb=20150510154833latest?cb=20161023190944

My dream: 3/2/2/2 with about the same dial as Scum/Rebel, with Focus, Lock, Red Roll, Red Boost.

Then again, I hoped the Clone Y-Wing would also have a red boost and be a bit zippier since it had all the old paneling to make it slippery.

Bulk would certainly make them feel different from Reb/Scum, but not that different from Torrents, and that'd also be unfortunate.

20 hours ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

Since Republic likes to go more Proto-Empire for non-Clones but Proto-Rebels for Clones, I'm assuming they'll give the Clone Z-95 the exact statline of the other ones (since the Z-95 was outdated by the time of the Galactic Civil War and the statline seems very typical for a Prequel Era ship) but give it a ship ability that will increase effectiveness through Rebel-style work together abilities. Maybe...

Coordinated Attacks: While you perform a primary weapon attack, if the defender is in the bullseye of another friendly Z-95, you may roll 1 additional attack die.

That'd be nice, too.  Having a means to "easily" get up to 3 dice without having printed 3 dice is a nice design space.  I think there should be more stuff like the Eta and TIE/x1 where that 3rd die is built in, but has a bit of a hoop compared to the 2 dice standard.

5 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

In general, sure.

I think with the Z-95, my impression was that the Rebel/Scum widespread Z-95 was that it was a more "consumer" fighter, and perhaps not up to the same spec as the military hardware.  Maybe I'm just completely misremembering something out of the old "Orange" book, something easily decanonized too.

These two things barely look like the same ship.  Scale is pretty different, too.

latest?cb=20150510154833latest?cb=20161023190944

My dream: 3/2/2/2 with about the same dial as Scum/Rebel, with Focus, Lock, Red Roll, Red Boost.

Then again, I hoped the Clone Y-Wing would also have a red boost and be a bit zippier since it had all the old paneling to make it slippery.

Bulk would certainly make them feel different from Reb/Scum, but not that different from Torrents, and that'd also be unfortunate.

That'd be nice, too.  Having a means to "easily" get up to 3 dice without having printed 3 dice is a nice design space.  I think there should be more stuff like the Eta and TIE/x1 where that 3rd die is built in, but has a bit of a hoop compared to the 2 dice standard.

I think the Z-95 faces a lot of trouble. It will be outright better than the V-19 and cost most, but will also be able to carry Torpedoes, which is pretty important.

The clone Z-95 does a lot of spinning too. What's more, its sleeker hull speaks of more speed and agility. I think it will very much be, realistically, the backbone of many Republic squadrons when it comes out. More expensive than the V-19 for sure, but I'm FAIRLY certain these things were also shielded?

14 minutes ago, KCDodger said:

I think the Z-95 faces a lot of trouble. It will be outright better than the V-19 and cost most, but will also be able to carry Torpedoes, which is pretty important.

The clone Z-95 does a lot of spinning too. What's more, its sleeker hull speaks of more speed and agility. I think it will very much be, realistically, the backbone of many Republic squadrons when it comes out. More expensive than the V-19 for sure, but I'm FAIRLY certain these things were also shielded?

So I went back to Wookieepedia (meh source, to be sure) due to the Torpedoes since I only remembered seeing Concussion Missiles, and the more I read, the more I like 3 red dice. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Clone_Z-95_Headhunter

"A variant of the popular Z-95 Headhunter, it was designed specifically for use by the Grand Army of the Republic's clone pilots.[2] It was equipped with two proton torpedo launchers as well as more powerful shielding and weapons than the standard version.[4]"

Like, this could be a 3/2/2/3 and I wouldn't see fault with it.  It could be a Baby-X-Wing and that'd fill a new role in Republic, and feel different all three of other Z-95s, V-19 Torrents, and Numbus V-Wings.

//

An actual cheap Torpedo carrier in Republic might be scary, too.  Synchronized Console is OK, but if it could be exploited for cheap 4-dice attacks instead of 3-dice ones, that probably really changes things.  Giving a Clone Z-95 3 dice instead of 2 bumps the price from low-to-mid 20s up to low-to-mid-to-high 30s (depending on spec), and dirt-cheap-SynCon-Torpedo threat goes away.  Might still be good, but if it's not at Torrent-level prices, it'd probably manageable.

Edited by theBitterFig

16 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

So I went back to Wookieepedia (meh source, to be sure) due to the Torpedoes since I only remembered seeing Concussion Missiles, and the more I read, the more I like 3 red dice. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Clone_Z-95_Headhunter

"A variant of the popular Z-95 Headhunter, it was designed specifically for use by the Grand Army of the Republic's clone pilots.[2] It was equipped with two proton torpedo launchers as well as more powerful shielding and weapons than the standard version.[4]"

Like, this could be a 3/2/2/3 and I wouldn't see fault with it.  It could be a Baby-X-Wing and that'd fill a new role in Republic, and feel different all three of other Z-95s, V-19 Torrents, and Numbus V-Wings.

//

An actual cheap Torpedo carrier in Republic might be scary, too.  Synchronized Console is OK, but if it could be exploited for cheap 4-dice attacks instead of 3-dice ones, that probably really changes things.  Giving a Clone Z-95 3 dice instead of 2 bumps the price from low-to-mid 20s up to low-to-mid-to-high 30s (depending on spec), and dirt-cheap-SynCon-Torpedo threat goes away.  Might still be good, but if it's not at Torrent-level prices, it'd probably manageable.

This thing shouldn't go below 28 IMO. But yeah, it's basically a baby X-Wing without any S-Foil tricks I guess!!

Edited by KCDodger

On 10/12/2020 at 8:13 AM, Gupa-nupa said:

I think that this wednesday we will get an article about the TRI fighter

Whelp. I guess this is a no go. We didn't even get a V-wing or Fire-spray article.:wacko: