Sciencius

Push The Limit, Eta-2

6 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

I agree I was just wondering where others opinions were with regards to each pilots cost 

I think these are going to be hard to speculate on as they are Force sieves, except for maybe Aayla. They are fragile ships, essentially TIE Interceptors, but if flown right won’t be taking more than 2 shots a round, but should be less than that. How much you pay for bullseye 3? 
I’m hoping Obi isn’t more than 60. But I literally have no idea where to start for points. 

24 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

I agree I was just wondering where others opinions were with regards to each pilots cost 

Probably a bit less than the Delta-7, just due to the fact that the loss of FTC makes it harder for the thing to arc dodge like crazy, despite having a baked in pseudo CLT. Systems phase repo is fun for sure and lets you end up in more potential spaces, making you harder to predict, but it doesn't have the 'guess the arc dodge EXTREMELY wrong but your still totally fine because you can boost+roll' element FTC did. So these things will die easier in theory.

34 minutes ago, _iaco_ said:

That’s incorrect. 1 activate a ship 2 reveal dial 3 execute maneuver 3 perform action.

You can activate, do R2D2 things and then blue 

Each ship activates by resolving the following steps in order:
1. Reveal Dial: The ship’s assigned dial is revealed by flipping it faceup 
and then placing it next to its ship card.
2. Execute Maneuver: The ship executes the maneuver selected on the 
revealed dial.
3. Perform Action: The ship may perform one action.

All three steps are part of a ship's activation.  

46 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

Other than Jedi, Kylo is the only other pilot that can use this card? All the other pilots are Large based ships. 

I’m not counting Luke as it’s situational when it can be used. 

The Inquisitors can also use this card.

Considering the chassis is comparable to a Tie Fighter, I think it's silly to assume that some of the top end of will be over 60 points, my guess would be that Ani reaches 60 and Aayla and Ben both sit at mid 50s.

Aside from that, this might end up being the most force-starved ship in the game, which doesn't bode well for it

8 minutes ago, Pa Weasley said:

Each ship activates by resolving the following steps in order:
1. Reveal Dial: The ship’s assigned dial is revealed by flipping it faceup 
and then placing it next to its ship card.
2. Execute Maneuver: The ship executes the maneuver selected on the 
revealed dial.
3. Perform Action: The ship may perform one action.

All three steps are part of a ship's activation.  

Yes. The card doesn’t read: at the end of your activation phase. The player activates Obi, takes deplete, reveals dial, executes maneuver and so on :) 

11 minutes ago, LeMightyASP said:

Aside from that, this might end up being the most force-starved ship in the game, which doesn't bode well for it

I don't mind a faction that can spam force users REALLY needing to ration their force.

One of the most annoying things about the Delta-7 is that it can always just budget the force as an entire extra action at basically no cost: If you dodge with the action your golden, if you focus with the action you just 'upgraded' the force. With this you have to do a strong read to do that and convert to a focus, and one half of your reposition effect is totally blind.

The purple TL is also fun. It means that its much harder to get the double mod, which I think is a great design because its still possible but now requires you to 'hard read' and land an arc dodge without a reposition and have the force on hand.

It feels extremely healthy in a sense because it allows you to maintain the absurd advantage of triple action economy on a force user with a bonus action ability, while forcing you really plan if you want to use those actions. I am now firmly in the 'Remove delta from hyperspace so this can be the main jedi platform' camp. Fine Tuned Controls was just a mistake, maybe don't give a pseudo-Vader ability to every ship in a faction yeah?

It feels like the skill cap on it is going to be huge too, because it likely will be pretty cheap despite having access to a 3 red in bullseye and the ability to Advanced Sensors reposition without the downside. So if you can do those reads and live rent free in your opponent's head this thing would go absolutely ham, but if you mess it up things could go really bad. I wouldn't be surprised if this ship shows up in a lot of top spots despite having a very low overall winrate.

Edited by dezzmont

17 minutes ago, LeMightyASP said:

Considering the chassis is comparable to a Tie Fighter, I think it's silly to assume that some of the top end of will be over 60 points, my guess would be that Ani reaches 60 and Aayla and Ben both sit at mid 50s.

I think the TIE interceptor comparisons are accurate.

6 minutes ago, LeMightyASP said:

I hope your pricing is correct. 

Also I think it’s the only reason to take Yoda. His points are going to be very important. His role as support ship could be key to making this ship work. 

I’m torn between Patience and Extreme Sports Jedi. I think they could both be good on the ETA. 

42 minutes ago, dezzmont said:

Probably a bit less than the Delta-7, just due to the fact that the loss of FTC makes it harder for the thing to arc dodge like crazy, despite having a baked in pseudo CLT. Systems phase repo is fun for sure and lets you end up in more potential spaces, making you harder to predict, but it doesn't have the 'guess the arc dodge EXTREMELY wrong but your still totally fine because you can boost+roll' element FTC did. So these things will die easier in theory.

It's pseudo-supernatural reflexes that really are the cost driver here. Superflexes isn't cheap even at I4. Even if we value the ship ability at half of the cost of Superflexes, that's an 8 point uptick on the chassis at I4.

22 minutes ago, _iaco_ said:

Yes. The card doesn’t read: at the end of your activation phase. The player activates Obi, takes deplete, reveals dial, executes maneuver and so on :) 

The activation phase is when all ships active in initiative order.  A ship's activation is comprised of all three steps.  R2-D2's says "After you activate," so the card triggers after a ship has gone through all three steps. 

I am a bit disappointed by the "Jedi commander" Card that is confusing for me. I don't understand how a ship can wing mates and don't be wing leader. Maybe cards in VWing Expansion will be used in complement for "Jedi commander"

The ring and the other cards make these ship very interesting with nice pilots

When I started this game way back in 2015ish, My mom bought me a Yoda ETA ship for my birthday, since she had no idea he wasn't in the game and thought he looked cool on ebay. 

Now, years later, I plan on bringing yoda to every event in his custom starfighter.

Thanks mom!

(Bonus story: my mom doesn't really know exactly what ships I have, so now I have 3 HWKs because she keeps forgetting I have one.)

P.S. my mom is great

5 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

Anyone else baffled by the choice to make Obi-Wan's card art feature the replacement Eta-2 he took to Utapau and not the classic red that pairs with Anakin, matches his Delta-7 and comes in the friggin' box?

Indeed.

Have long since given up on the sometimes random art choices; ever since 1.0 when the Han Solo Pilot art selected, features the specific time when Han Solo has no chance whatsoever of being the pilot (departure from cloud city when he is frozen in carbonite and not even on the ship!).

The nerd rage compounded when 2.0 came and they had the perfect chance to revise the art (as was done with some of the pilots like resistance Chewbacca) and yet chose to double down on the erroneous image, forever encasing Rebel Pilot Han Solo in misrepresented card-art-bonite🤪 

5 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

@blueAngelIden the wing card has been a ongoing discussion point lol. There's some discussion on it up-thread. We don't get it either 😂

The ring is nice, but don't forget for now it's Epic only 😕

They included an Epic play card in this expansion, not sure why, but I’m sure all the Epic players are happy about it. 
Never played an Epic game myself, but I appreciate all versions of the game are being supported. 
FFG could go the GW route and kill off anything they don’t deem profitable. I’m glad I dropped all GW games ages ago. 

5 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

@blueAngelIden the wing card has been a ongoing discussion point lol. There's some discussion on it up-thread. We don't get it either 😂

The ring is nice, but don't forget for now it's Epic only 😕

Yes I love epic game with my girl friend specially with scenarios like Strategic Salvo it is very pleasant

11 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

They included an Epic play card in this expansion, not sure why, but I’m sure all the Epic players are happy about it. 
Never played an Epic game myself, but I appreciate all versions of the game are being supported. 
FFG could go the GW route and kill off anything they don’t deem profitable. I’m glad I dropped all GW games ages ago. 

3 cards for Epic Battles (none of which are legal for Extended or Hyperspace tournament play). The command upgrade, the pilot card for the hyperspace ring and it's condition card. There is also 1 mini, the hyperspace ring, for Epic Battles in this pack.