Jump to content
Sciencius

Push The Limit, Eta-2

Recommended Posts

swz79_jedi-commander2.png

veteran-wing-leader.PNG

Comparing these two cards, Jedi Commander doesn't enable you to lead a wing which is quite an oversight, especially when you could have just copypasted the majority of the text. It doesn't say what ship type or types a Jedi Commander can lead, or how many they can lead. It's not restricted in any way, so you can put this on a CR-90 Corvette in one of the command slots. Even if we are to assume that it should go on a non-huge base ship, you could put the Jedi Commander upgrade on Oddball, since it isn't restricted to the Jedi keyword.

Also, if a you were to put this onto a say Shaak Ti with two Jedi Generals in tow, if Shaak did a purple maneuver, the Jedi General's purple maneuvers would now be red despite having the force to do a purple maneuver. It would have been simpler to errata this in the epic section to address purple maneuvers in a wing and left the original "You are a wing leader..." text.

Edited by 5050Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Interesting. Same company that manufacturers the Kihraxz.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/TransGalMeg_Industries,_Incorporated

Side door tie in for the non-Mandal Motors S&V fighters to be rereleased (there are also a couple that weren't released in 1.0)?

Some notes from the Wook:

"However, it is interesting to note that the company also produced the Bulwark Mark I, which went on to be built by the Techno Union and used in the Bulwark Fleet."

"TransGalMeg produced starships for Black Sun,[2] and the Rebel Alliance during the height of the New Order. TransGalMeg also manufacturerd the Xiytiar-class Transport, one of which came to be known as the Hyperspace Marauder, owned by Lo Khan."

I don't know much about legends but maybe some of that's important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaak Ti, come to me!

Sweet ability. So she can hold an evade, and then next round take an evade action for two evades!?!? And if you dont attack her cuz you dont want to waste your attack, she just keeps one evade and takes an evade again next round?

swz79_shaak-ti.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wurms said:

As someone who flies Daredevil Soontir. Im all over Extreme Maneuvers.

I was initially disgusted, but now I remember that Targeting Computer can give him his offensive rerolls.

-Edit- Nevermind, Daredevil turns your white into a red. So I'm still disgusted. Daredevil Vonreg is a nice equivalent though, unless you prefer Outmaneuver to make those shots count.

Edited by Hoarder of Garlic Bread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

Some notes from the Wook:

"However, it is interesting to note that the company also produced the Bulwark Mark I, which went on to be built by the Techno Union and used in the Bulwark Fleet."

"TransGalMeg produced starships for Black Sun,[2] and the Rebel Alliance during the height of the New Order. TransGalMeg also manufacturerd the Xiytiar-class Transport, one of which came to be known as the Hyperspace Marauder, owned by Lo Khan."

I don't know much about legends but maybe some of that's important.

Might be, but like most of the "spoilers" we spot it is probably nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Just in case noone else pointed this out. It has the same restrictions as Daredevil and last I checked T-65s with config were able to equip that in the official app so this should be no different. The config adds a white boost to the T-65's action bar when it is closed.

Edit: @Vykk Draygo and @Des Darklighter already brought it up. ✌ 😄

Okay, so one thing I'm wondering about is the Vizago ruling. If you flip your config, aren't you then no longer legit for that upgrade? Is it possible that applies here as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Okay, so one thing I'm wondering about is the Vizago ruling. If you flip your config, aren't you then no longer legit for that upgrade? Is it possible that applies here as well?

I'd have to check again, but I think that rulling applies to swapping upgrades. Daredevil and it's force power equivalent are equipped during squad building, and as others have stated you can equip the foils closed during squad building which adds boost to the T-65's action bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

I was initially disgusted, but now I remember that Targeting Computer can give him his offensive rerolls.

-Edit- Nevermind, Daredevil turns your white into a red. So I'm still disgusted. Daredevil Vonreg is a nice equivalent though, unless you prefer Outmaneuver to make those shots count.

Soontir gets a focus for his ability daredeviling into bullseye. But most rewarding thing about DD Soonts is you dont ever have to commit to engaging since you move last. You can bank away from the action, and if its safe, you DD inward, not safe, you are already heading in the right direction. Also makes blocking soontir 10x harder. No longer have to 2 sharp in order to get a shot. Can go straight, bank etc.

Ships like Kylo extreme maneuvers are gonna be insane. His time on target is gonna be sky high.

You cant run from kylo. He will find you! 😂

Kylo Ren (76)
Adv. Proton Torpedoes (5)
Proton Rockets (6)
Total: 87

I mean, kylo with extreme and a couple 5 dice attacks? Scariest ship in game maybe? 87pts + EM cost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

I'd have to check again, but I think that rulling applies to swapping upgrades. Daredevil and it's force power equivalent are equipped during squad building, and as others have stated you can equip the foils closed during squad building which adds boost to the T-65's action bar.

Based on the FAQ answer for Vizago, I think you're right. Seems they may only care about this specifically when you're moving cards around. But it still feels a little funny to me. I won't fight it unless FFG chooses to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, AceDogbert said:

I like the idea of R2-D2, though I suspect he'll be pricey. The ability to regen a shield or repair a damage card, then clear the deplete via a blue move is very nice indeed.

R2 triggers after you've activated so you'll have already executed your maneuver.  Definitely a nice card but that deplete token will still be there when the ship engages that turn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

Maybe you need both a Wing Leader card, so Veteran WL, and then you take Jedi Commander in addition to. So one creates your wing, and the other gives you extra abilities? So the Jedi will have two 'epic' upgrade slots?

@5050Saint it's definitely an odd thing. This was the only thing I could figure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

Extreme Maneuvers don't specify how the boost happened.... Extreme Afterburner Vader? Extreme Kylo on a red boost? An Extreme Luke dramatically changing trajectory off a coordinate?

It doesn’t matter how it happened. It says when you do a boost action you can spend a force to do a hard turn instead. Extreme Kylo would be stressed and would have spent a force to pretty do Daredevil if using the Afterburners ability on the Silencer. Which is fine by me, Focus then hard 1 boost could be great. 
Other than Jedi, Kylo is the only other pilot that can use this card? All the other pilots are Large based ships. 
 

I’m not counting Luke as it’s situational when it can be used. 

Edited by Archangelspiv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, wurms said:

Soontir gets a focus for his ability daredeviling into bullseye. But most rewarding thing about DD Soonts is you dont ever have to commit to engaging since you move last. You can bank away from the action, and if its safe, you DD inward, not safe, you are already heading in the right direction. Also makes blocking soontir 10x harder. No longer have to 2 sharp in order to get a shot. Can go straight, bank etc.

Ships like Kylo extreme maneuvers are gonna be insane. His time on target is gonna be sky high.

You cant run from kylo. He will find you! 😂

Kylo Ren (76)
Adv. Proton Torpedoes (5)
Proton Rockets (6)
Total: 87

I mean, kylo with extreme and a couple 5 dice attacks? Scariest ship in game maybe? 87pts + EM cost

Very scary, but dependent on I6 meta share. Instinctive Optics Torps run you at 94, and you are slightly less scary to I5 and below, but that snipe is terrifying to I6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Pa Weasley said:

R2 triggers after you've activated so you'll have already executed your maneuver.  Definitely a nice card but that deplete token will still be there when the ship engages that turn. 

That’s incorrect. 1 activate a ship 2 reveal dial 3 execute maneuver 3 perform action.

You can activate, do R2D2 things and then blue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...