Sciencius

Push The Limit, Eta-2

13 minutes ago, EBerling said:

Not sure how valuable the Hyperspace Rings are, at least for Jedi.  Still, pretty neat that it comes with a detachable figure and separate pilot card... would be amazing if the Delta model can also be mounted into it.

The Delta AND the V-wing can both be fitted to the ring. 👍😁

Edited by ForceSensitive
Autocorrect, you try so hard

5 minutes ago, Wedge1126 said:

I'd like to point out that the picture on Yoda's card isn't even an Eta-2. So, I guess they're passing up the opportunity to make a "Yoda's Starfighter" expansion.

They probably did not think about it, but a twin blister with two of the little etas in it, with Yoda, Yaddle, Evin Piell and Tsui Choi as pilots, would have made a great expansion. 

55 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

F.

Also throws the Luke idea out as it is his config that has boost on one side. No native boost.

If you use Wedge pilot and equip the config closed side up you can then add daredevil for a talent, so I wouldn’t completely rule it out yet for Luke to be able to get some use out of it. 

I saw the title of the article and immediately had 1e flashbacks 😳 you might say I got a little... stressed out

I'm so glad to get the Hyperspace ring, and now getting to read all it's rules I think it's great. Brought a real tear to this old grognardy eye. Honestly don't see why it's not standard legal. It does almost exactly what I pitched ages ago. A little more reined in but the rotate looks neat and gives it some pizzazz. And as a bonus my patience for not getting it with the Delta as I had expected, has been rewarded by getting it on THREE ships! So much win!😁🥰 (YOU HEAR THAT FFG?! I'M PRAISING YOU!! I'M A CRITIC NOT A HATER LMAO 😂🤣)

The Jedi Commander Wing Leader card is a nice touch, but... It doesn't do what they lead you to think it does. It doesn't have any equip restrictions of any kind, so you can put it on an Academy Pilot if you really wanted to lol. Unlike the Agent of the Empire card it doesn't allow you to bring a mixed wing, when the picture clearly shows a mixed wing, and the article talks it up like that's what your supposed to do with it. So, color me confused. @theBitterFig, am I getting that right?

But other than that the ship looks stupid strong. Like day-um. Dat Dial Tho. 😬Ayla might be my new Jedi General as she rightly should be.

10 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

The Jedi Commander Wing Leader card is a nice touch, but... It doesn't do what they lead you to think it does. It doesn't have any equip restrictions of any kind, so you can put it on an Academy Pilot if you really wanted to lol. Unlike the Agent of the Empire card it doesn't allow you to bring a mixed wing, when the picture clearly shows a mixed wing, and the article talks it up like that's what your supposed to do with it. So, color me confused. @theBitterFig, am I getting that right?

I've got no idea, it really feels like it's lacking something.  Contrast these two.

veteran-wing-leader.PNG

swz57_agent-of-the-empire.png

I don't know what's up with Jedi Commander.  It doesn't seem to be setting up a wing at all.  Maybe it's used on a 2nd jedi within a wing, but then they're not really a Jedi Commander at all.

Shrug and no clue.

so, if they don't price extreme maneuver by initiative (and why would they, if they haven't done it for daredevil), and daredevil is 2 point. Extreme maneuver should probably be right around 4-6 points? I feel like it could be amazing on Kylo for sure, since you can broll and hard turn boost in any order you like, and still have a force left to mod your attack. 

Also all the pilot from this pack (Yoda excluded) seems really strong. I feel they'll all kinda play like soontir, trying to maneuver to get that bulleyes, and have a lot of mods on both attack and defense. Start the fight with extra evade and focus, change blanks to eyes, and with lots of force you'll generally be really hard to kill.

@theBitterFig maybe you need both a Wing Leader card, so Veteran WL, and then you take Jedi Commander in addition to. So one creates your wing, and the other gives you extra abilities? So the Jedi will have two 'epic' upgrade slots?

Edit: I completely forgot wing leader cards actually had wing creation instructions printed on all of them not just AotE. Facepalm. It's been awhile since I could get a game in.

Edited by ForceSensitive

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

Kinda disappointing that Yoda is literally just the same ability.  I don't love it when that happens, since it's just boring.

There's an important different.  The crew card requires a purple maneuver or action.  The pilot card just requires the spending of a force charge.  

3 minutes ago, Pa Weasley said:

There's an important different.  The crew card requires a purple maneuver or action.  The pilot card just requires the spending of a force charge.  

and it's up to r3, not r2.

11 minutes ago, Pa Weasley said:

And I think that’s a big difference personally. Yoda (Pilot) is in my opinion is better.

Edited by Cgriffith

14 minutes ago, Pa Weasley said:

Eh, I guess.

The core of it--Yoda spends the force for someone else--is exactly the same.  Whether or not it's good, it's dull that they roughly only came up with one ability for two cards.

29 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

@theBitterFig maybe you need both a Wing Leader card, so Veteran WL, and then you take Jedi Commander in addition to. So one creates your wing, and the other gives you extra abilities? So the Jedi will have two 'epic' upgrade slots?

Edit: I completely forgot wing leader cards actually had wing creation instructions printed on all of them not just AotE. Facepalm. It's been awhile since I could get a game in.

I've got no clue.  It seems kinda jacked, but... I guess I just don't care.

2 hours ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

F.

Also throws the Luke idea out as it is his config that has boost on one side. No native boost.

Just in case noone else pointed this out. It has the same restrictions as Daredevil and last I checked T-65s with config were able to equip that in the official app so this should be no different. The config adds a white boost to the T-65's action bar when it is closed.

Edit: @Vykk Draygo and @Des Darklighter already brought it up. ✌ 😄

Edited by Hiemfire

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Just in case noone else pointed this out. It has the same restrictions as Daredevil and last I checked T-65s with config were able to equip that in the official app so this should be no different. The config adds a white boost to the T-65's action bar when it is closed.

Soooo..... you can equip this force talent, but use it only with foils closed ? I am correct ?

And it is NOT written that this talent is light side or dark side. I think that Kylo will have some anger to choose between Extreme Maneuvers and Hate

I HOPE that with a pratically supernatural ability stapled on the ship, it will be priced accordingly. Yes, a good proton torpedo followed by all blanks will get rid of this ship. But I hope for a balanced points.

10 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Eh, I guess.

The core of it--Yoda spends the force for someone else--is exactly the same.  Whether or not it's good, it's dull that they roughly only came up with one ability for two cards.

It's dull but fitting with the character.  Adding patience to Yoda (Actis) feels wonderfully thematic and possible route to keeping a list full of more offensive force users, pilots and crew, charged in a pinch. 

4 minutes ago, Silver_leader said:

Soooo..... you can equip this force talent, but use it only with foils closed ? I am correct ?

And it is NOT written that this talent is light side or dark side. I think that Kylo will have some anger to choose between Extreme Maneuvers and Hate

I HOPE that with a pratically supernatural ability stapled on the ship, it will be priced accordingly. Yes, a good proton torpedo followed by all blanks will get rid of this ship. But I hope for a balanced points.

I'd prefer the Maneuvers. Hate is cool for maximizing DPS against I6 or I5's moving after you, but when moving last with Kylo, Hate isn't particularly useful unless you get too aggressive with him. Extreme Maneuvers seem to increase both time on target and arc-dodging capacities. Granted, not on the same level as Supernatural Reflexes, but certainly for a fraction of the cost. If it's only 3 pt, I'll easily take it over Hate. Heck, unless I'm running Instinctive Aim for Torpedoes, I'd try to squeeze it in for a basic Kylo as opposed to the 3 pt I'd save from running stock.