Sciencius

Push The Limit, Eta-2

2 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

Extreme Maneuvers don't specify how the boost happened.... Extreme Afterburner Vader? Extreme Kylo on a red boost? An Extreme Luke dramatically changing trajectory off a coordinate?

Yeah, that seems like it'll either be really expensive or FAQ'd very soon to be during one's perform action step. Especially with Intuitive Controls-it'll be heavy on Force but Palp and Yoda both exist, with good carriers in the LAAT/I or ARC or just Yoda pilot.

Edited by Npmartian

6 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

OK, so 2 force generics are awesome, but I don't think that extra mods on a flimsy chassis beats 6 flimsy but hard-hitting chassis' with turrets. Maybe after the re-costing.

Supernatural Reflexes ?

8 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

OK, so 2 force generics are awesome, but I don't think that extra mods on a flimsy chassis beats 6 flimsy but hard-hitting chassis' with turrets. Maybe after the re-costing.

These are like PAAs with less time on target but better defensive ability (no reduced agility to move). With a system-phase reposition, these will absolutely dunk on anything below I4 in a similar fashion to the Nantex. I have to imagine they'll cost at least 45-ish, seeing as they're basically a Saber (36 points) with force and better repositions. 

Even then, 4 of these with Extreme Maneuvers (if it fits) could be a real terror. I feel like these should be limited to 2 or 3 dots.

Edited by Npmartian

Just now, Arkanta974 said:

Supernatural Reflexes ?

Against most chassis, the system-phase reposition is effectively Supernatural Reflexes. But against something that can reposition and turn its turret for only the cost of -1 agility, that doesn't seem too terrifying. Blocking is made slightly harder, but with 6 ships to block with, it's not that difficult. Especially if the cost for failing to block is getting a dandy turret shot off.

Just now, Asaverino1019 said:

Another R2-D2 that is far superior to the Rebel version.  Is anyone else hoping that the Phoenix Squadron or next card pack includes a new Rebel R2-D2?

R2D2 is an R2 with an extra charge. I'm sure that's better than the inevitably super-pricey Republic R2-D2 (which has more versatility but less usage) or Resistance R2-D2 (same story). Most of the time, between regen and utility, you'll choose regen. Yes, sometimes I'll use Deuterium Power Cells to yeet an Ion or a Tractor, but it's taken and used almost exclusively for regen.

The only reason why we'll see more R2-D2 than R2 in Republic as opposed to the norm of the budget R2 more than R2-D2 is because the modless Eta 2 has 0 shields. R2-D2 can fix cards (which incidentally makes him a worse choice for Delta 7B if you're into running Republic point fortresses).

Just now, theBitterFig said:

Kinda disappointing that Yoda is literally just the same ability.  I don't love it when that happens, since it's just boring.

I've made my peace with it. He's literally the training piece of the expansion, helping newer players learn about force conservation yet being too expensive to be worth it for most people who've learned how to do it. 

35 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Can't wait to play the ETA. Such a neat ship. I hope they ban the Athersprite in hyper. 

I’ve been saying I think they’ll ban the Aethersprite, I think this expansion almost assures that. Absolutely love the extreme maneuvers card I foresee it making for a nice addition to many force ships. 

Shaak Ti and Aayla have nice abilities that’ll surely see play

Edited by Cgriffith

Not sure how valuable the Hyperspace Rings are, at least for Jedi.  Still, pretty neat that it comes with a detachable figure and separate pilot card... would be amazing if the Delta model can also be mounted into it.

36 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

F.

Also throws the Luke idea out as it is his config that has boost on one side. No native boost.

Can't you equip it just like daredevil? The config doesn't have a setup side, should be able to add the boost action to your bar. 

Also I'm just really excited for this pack. Probably going to fly just Republic for a while.

12 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

R2D2 is an R2 with an extra charge. I'm sure that's better than the inevitably super-pricey Republic R2-D2 (which has more versatility but less usage) or Resistance R2-D2 (same story). Most of the time, between regen and utility, you'll choose regen. Yes, sometimes I'll use Deuterium Power Cells to yeet an Ion or a Tractor, but it's taken and used almost exclusively for regen.

The only reason why we'll see more R2-D2 than R2 in Republic as opposed to the norm of the budget R2 more than R2-D2 is because the modless Eta 2 has 0 shields. R2-D2 can fix cards (which incidentally makes him a worse choice for Delta 7B if you're into running Republic point fortresses).

The fact that it's a deplete instead of a disarm token alone is enough to make him better. 

Also, in most cases the extra charge on Rebel R2-D2 is irrelevant. You don't often get or even want three turns of no shooting to regen three shields. 

I might be wrong on this but I think the fact that Republic R2-D2 doesn't specify face up or face down means he can repair either. So he gets to repair Loose Stabilizer. Particularly galling as that's basically all R2 does in Luke's X-Wing in ANH. 

I'd take or leave the buzz droid killing, but this card is basically what Rebel R2-D2 should have been all along. 

27 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

Shaak Ti seems great, and Aayla is cool. 

Just like the crew card, Yoda doesn't interest me. Love the generic though.

Depending on price im just going to throw extreme manuvers on him, and treat him as... A mini Ace...