cody3545

First Order SF List?

Hi I'm looking for peoples thoughts on a list using the Special Forces Tie Fighter.

I've never run them before but I have 6 of them. I bought all the Empire stuff my friend had so he threw in the First Order stuff he had for free. 

Any advice is appreciated.

List 1 Total (200)

4x Omega Squadron Expert

(34 Per Ship) Total (136)

2x Zeta Squadron Surviver

(32 Per Ship) Total (64)

List 2 Total (200)

5x Omega Squadron Expert

(34 Per Ship) Total (200)

Fanatical (2)

Advanced Optics (4)

You're going to love the SFs. In addition to the squads you've listed, here are three others that use a mix of ships:

Squad 1

Kylo w/ Advanced Optics (80)

Zeta Squadron Survivor w/ Passive Sensors, Concussion Missiles (40)

Total (200)

Squad 2

Avenger (56)

Zeta Squadron Survivor w/ Advanced Optics (36)

Total (200)

Squad 3

Zeta Squadron Survivor (32)

Zeta Squadron Pilot (26)

Zeta Squadron Pilot (26)

Zeta Squadron Pilot (26)

Zeta Squadron Pilot (26) 

Total (200)

Squad 1 is fairly effective, as the SFs can passive sensor into a target lock and white turret rotate.

Squad 3 is absolutely a blast to play, if you like swarms.

Keep the SF turrets pointed aft, so they basically have two, two dice firing arcs.

• Hex (6 SFs):
    • I think I'd fly mostly I2s, but upgrade one to Backdraft.  Personal preference, I guess.
    • The new wave has Automated Targeting Protocols, and flying 6 with ATP seems pretty interesting to me.  You lose some control over targets (but can select between back/front, if you wanted to take a Range 2 against someone on one side, if there was a range 1 on the other side.
  • Penta (5 SFs):
    • I'm a fan of 5x Omega with Optics and Crack Shot.
      • With the high shield count on these, I don't feel like Fanatical really goes very far.  It triggers late, and wounded SFs are likely to be finished off by an opponent.
      • Crack Shot, on the other hand, helps push damage earlier in the fight, and that's felt important to me.
    • There are a decent number of missile options these days with Passive Sensors.
      • 5 Zetas with Concussion Missiles is probably the most consistent damage.
      • 5 Zetas with Homing Missiles is really spicy.  You'll either be throwing 4-dice attacks, or else.  With the Passive Sensors price cut, you can bring Munitions Failsafe, so if your opponent makes you roll and you toss a lot of blanks, you can recover the charge.
      • 5 Omegas can run with Cluster Missiles or Ion Missiles.  I think I'd rather have Zetas with better missiles.
  • Three with Special Forces Gunner plus Kylo fits now, FYI.  That's some good simple fun.

This is my hopper to try at some point. 37 hp, 12 greens, 12 reds, and once they punch into the hull on something the sf/s can turn into x-wings with rear arcs in order to finish it off.

FO Beef

(40) Gideon Hask [Xi-class Light Shuttle]

(32) Zeta Squadron Survivor [TIE/sf Fighter]

Total points: 200

Thanks for advice theBitterFig.

I'm new to the First Order and my first 2 times using 3 Silencers and 4 BA Interceptors didn't go to bad. I like the look of the SF Tie Fighters they seem great. 

I think I'll go with the original list I posted or your Hex (SF6) with Backdraft and 5x SF Zeta for simplicity and the extra gun, hull and shields.

I like the idea of running the I2s in a horseshoe pattern with Backdraft in the back middle though. I'm leaning more towards that list.

At some point though I will have to try the 5x Omegas with Optics and Crack Shot. I like the sound of that list. 

Also missileaway I'm excited for the new Xi-Class Light Shuttle too. It seems like its going to be a fun support ship for the First Order.

Edited by cody3545
Addition, Spelling

"Quickdraw" (47) Fanatical (2) Special Forces Gunner (9) Fire-Control System (2) Afterburners (6) Ship total: 66 Half Points: 33 Threshold: 3

Lieutenant LeHuse (38) Fanatical (2) Special Forces Gunner (9) Ship total: 49 Half Points: 25 Threshold: 3

Omega Squadron Expert (34) Concussion Missiles (6) Passive Sensors (2) Ship total: 42 Half Points: 21 Threshold: 3

Omega Squadron Expert (34) Concussion Missiles (6) Passive Sensors (2) Ship total: 42 Half Points: 21 Threshold: 3

Total: 199

x5 with optics and crackshot

Fanatical only triggers on 1 SF at a time, sometimes two cuz your opponent isnt just gonna chip away shields from all you ships.

Crack also has the benefit of making your opponent make bad choices. Ive made ships choose to barrel roll out of bullseye rather than take a focus.

Crack helps eliminate a ship in early rounds when you can get a couple bullseyes off on early engagement. Getting a shio off the board early puts the SFs at a big advantage cuz you so beefy.

I'm definitely going to run the 5xSFOmegas with Optics and Crack Shot next Sunday in the games with my friends theBitterFig and wurms.

I had 2 matches online the other night and 2 today and I ran my originally posted list twice and the 5xSFOmegas twice. 

My list with 4xSFOmegas and 2xSFZetas lost 1 and won 1. 

Where as the 5xSFOmegas won both games.

Also the ships in the lists the 5xSFOmegas went up against where similar to the ships in the lists my 4xSFOmegas and 2xSFZetas went up against.

So it is somewhat of a decent comparison 

I would recommend:

5 x Zeta Squadron Survivor (32)    
    Automated Target Priority (1)    
    Cluster Missiles (4)    
    Passive Sensors (2)    

I've not yet tired the new auto target priority, but with missiles you can override it and choose your target. Technically you can get 10, 3 dice shots for 2 rounds. And if you miss any, you gain a calculate token to help you in the late game, its a proper jousting list but as you can use passive sensors to lock then rotate your arc, you can easily pick off aces as well as other jousting list.

If you want, you can drop auto target priority and upgrade all of them to the omagas for a potential initiative kill, but I'd say go low initiative for the bumps. 

What's peoples thoughts on these lists. I haven't had a chance to run either A or B but they seem good.

I like List A better for the fire power but it is all I2s. I haven't run a whole list of I2s before so I'm not sure about running an entire list of just I2s.

List B has two less three attack die guns but they are all I3s.

There's also List C that theBitterFig recommended it has no natural 3 attack die guns but they are all I3s and they all have Crack Shot and Advanced Optics.

Any opinions are welcomed I'm trying to decide between these 3 lists for my games this Sunday.

List A

4x SF Zeta Squadron Surviver (32)

Special Forces Gunner (9)

1x SF Zeta Squadron Surviver (32)

Advanced Optics (4)

Total (200)

List B

2x SF Omega Squadron Expert (34)

Special Forces Gunner (9)

3x SF Omega Squadron Expert (34)

Advanced Optics (4)

Total (200)

List C 

5x SF Omega Squadron Expert (34)

Advanced Optics (4)

Crack Shot (2)

Total (200)

List C, and simply keep the turret pointed aft.

I believe you'll find that, while the extra die from the gunner is nice, the bonus attack doesn't trigger very often.

Having AO and Crack Shot makes them more consistent.