Vykk Draygo

New points are up in the official app

41 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

I just don't see where it has that. According to that third bullet, it doesn't even check for a bonus attack header specifically. And that's the only bullet that references bonus attacks granted by other cards. I'm going to try to email FFG on it. If nothing else the half dozen or so guys around here who have played epic together, with all our grognardy years of gaming experience collectively, read something different. So for us it could have been more clear. I'll give it another thinking in the mean time though I guess.

I just see

• A huge ship can use each “Bonus Attack:” header only once per round.

as the huge ship equivalent of the regular-ship rule for only one Bonus attack per round, I guess.

17 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

It's like the old Pringles ad.

If all the charges there, the seal is intact.  Wait until you want to start.

But once you break that seal, the legions of **** aroma of potato crisps the bombs start flying, and you have to keep dropping them until you're done.  A timely reload is like putting the lid back on the can.

Huh, alright. Wow that's devastating then. Gotta' be real careful too...

20 hours ago, Pa Weasley said:

Oh sweet Obi-wan.... Wolfpack Warthog with Cody can squeeze in four BSPs with dedicated, concussions, and synch console plus have two points to spare.  I. Am. So. Happy. 

Swap Cody for "Fives" and you have yourself a Hyperspace list.

20 hours ago, Npmartian said:

BTL-A4 Y-wing - Gray Squadron Bomber - 33
    Gray Squadron Bomber - (30)
        Concussion Bombs (3)

Concussion Bombs (3)

Concussion Bombs (3)

Concussion Bombs (3)

Concussion Bombs (3)

Concussion Bombs (3)

Total: 198/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Elmo Rise | Know Your Meme

I, for one, welcome our new bomber overlords!

I'd like to remind them that as a dirty Scum shenanigans player I can be helpful in setting up enemies to suffer in their turbulent bombing lanes.

Quadrijet Transfer Spacetug - Jakku Gunrunner - 33
    Jakku Gunrunner - (29)
        Automated Targeting Priority (1)
        Concussion Bombs (3)

This costs the same as a Concussion Bomb Y-Wing, so you can swap out a couple Y-Wings for Gunrunners to add in some tractoring, which is pretty much the only thing that makes a spam Concussion Bomb list as Scum not strictly inferior to Rebels or Republic. Or if you have 6 like me, you can just spam a whole list of them. They'd have a harder time surviving initially compared to other spam bomb lists, but could have a stronger late game with tractor debuffs and ATP calculates.

10 minutes ago, Enigami said:

I, for one, welcome our new bomber overlords!

I'd like to remind them that as a dirty Scum shenanigans player I can be helpful in setting up enemies to suffer in their turbulent bombing lanes.

Quadrijet Transfer Spacetug - Jakku Gunrunner - 33
    Jakku Gunrunner - (29)
        Automated Targeting Priority (1)
        Concussion Bombs (3)

This costs the same as a Concussion Bomb Y-Wing, so you can swap out a couple Y-Wings for Gunrunners to add in some tractoring, which is pretty much the only thing that makes a spam Concussion Bomb list as Scum not strictly inferior to Rebels or Republic. Or if you have 6 like me, you can just spam a whole list of them. They'd have a harder time surviving initially compared to other spam bomb lists, but could have a stronger late game with tractor debuffs and ATP calculates.

As someone who hates the idea of these new bombs, tractor mechanics and specifically the ugly af Quadjumper all with a passion....

.... Is it weird that I really want to try 4 Concussion Bomb Crymorah Goons + 2 Jakku Gunrunners with ATP and C-Bombs? And maybe a Deadman's Switch on one of the Gunrunners with the last two points just so more things blow up

It just sounds utterly insane. 

1 hour ago, GuacCousteau said:

As someone who hates the idea of these new bombs, tractor mechanics and specifically the ugly af Quadjumper all with a passion....

.... Is it weird that I really want to try 4 Concussion Bomb Crymorah Goons + 2 Jakku Gunrunners with ATP and C-Bombs? And maybe a Deadman's Switch on one of the Gunrunners with the last two points just so more things blow up

It just sounds utterly insane. 

Control tools and combo-y strategies are fun, and there is a reason control/defensive play is prioritized to be a possible playstyle in most games.

X-wing is overdue for something like this. Its just a question of if it will be overwhelming compared to just dropping the points on proton bombs.

Said list loses hard if you start dropping when a disengage is easy because its a ton of easily blasted ships without a lot of red, so it can't really out-joust much. And the list's maneuverability is poor, so its going to be hard to set up 'carpet bombing' runs without telegraphing hard. But if you manage to bait your opponent into a mosh pit well... that is where the fun begins.

Edited by dezzmont

2 hours ago, KCDodger said:

Huh, alright. Wow that's devastating then. Gotta' be real careful too...

I think that aspect of them is really sweet design.  I just wish, as I've said over and over onhere, that the results of the explosions irk me.

Face-down card, plus a strain unless you expose a damage card.  Feels like some 1e BS right there.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

I think that aspect of them is really sweet design.  I just wish, as I've said over and over onhere, that the results of the explosions irk me.

Face-down card, plus a strain unless you expose a damage card.  Feels like some 1e BS right there.

I think they wanted to make this really heavily target 'arcdodge at all cost' type ships that often have extremely low hull numbers.

I really don't mind the idea of a super strong bomb that is good enough to base a list around, a 'bomb focused' list has been something conspicuously absent from the game for a while, and which promise to actually require new strategies to fly around. If the 'bypass shield' element is too strong I hope they just rework it to do a damage and then expose, rather than give a damage card then expose, rather than upping the price.

4 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I just see

• A huge ship can use each “Bonus Attack:” header only once per round.

as the huge ship equivalent of the regular-ship rule for only one Bonus attack per round, I guess.

That's the only thing I could reasonably see as a proof, but where we got stuck is right after it then tells you what to do with other extra attack granting effects. So where it didn't have a specific call out against it, we went with it. Like I mentioned earlier in one of the two suggested edits, if it just listed the two header types together, we would have been good. Respectfully, even you first pointed to the third bullet point as well, not the one we're looking at now. And considering you still had to meet all requirements and pay costs it seemed fair too so we never really questioned it.

10 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I keep thinking Hawk might be secretly strong.  His text is a lot more forgiving than Swoop, but it probably needs to be felt-out on table.  Maybe something like a fast-moving block of Hawk and 2 ARCs, plus a fast ship like Ric or a CLT Jedi as a pocket ace flanker.

I’ve been flying Hawk loaded up with all sorts of crew, and I’m not all that impressed.  He’s slow, has limited ability to recover from stress and his pilot ability really only works with ships that like to go fast like N-1s/Sprites.  It is kinda cool to give someone a boost that they don’t have on their dial but the range restriction limits the effectiveness.  Fire Convergence is really good but you have to be mindful of who will be within your arc.  I wouldn’t throw a lot of points at him, maybe a support crew like wolfpack or fisto, but that’s about it.  Just adding R4 astromech at 2 points results in an almost 60 point ship.

38 minutes ago, pakirby said:

I’ve been flying Hawk loaded up with all sorts of crew, and I’m not all that impressed.  He’s slow, has limited ability to recover from stress and his pilot ability really only works with ships that like to go fast like N-1s/Sprites.  It is kinda cool to give someone a boost that they don’t have on their dial but the range restriction limits the effectiveness.  Fire Convergence is really good but you have to be mindful of who will be within your arc.  I wouldn’t throw a lot of points at him, maybe a support crew like wolfpack or fisto, but that’s about it.  Just adding R4 astromech at 2 points results in an almost 60 point ship.

Good to know.  I still want to get a personal geometric sense of it, but he's interesting to me.

I'm also kinda figuring zero upgrades.  Like, Clone Commander Cody and 7th Fleet Gunner both seem strong, but it's a lot of points.

I think the best upgrades are going to be ones you want in a real safe place, rather than to make the LAAT better. That said, it is extremely tough, so if the upgrade is a clear performance boost the LAAT is a great place to shove it.

Vs an unfocused 3 dice defender, a 7th fleet boosted 3 dice attacker at range 1 (or a CTL Jedi in bullseye) with focus with do 4 damage over 50% of the time. Big dice boosting effects naturally synergize with double modding and the statistical difference in outcome from that 7th fleet is quite huge: You go from 4 damage at least 15% of the time to 52% of the time on a R1 attacker. So I think 7th Fleet Gunner LAAT miiiight be a thing.

EDIT: Forgot a very big limit to the 7th fleet. Still, LAAT+7th fleet might be really spooky on CTL because it does boost THEM to around a 56% single shot kill rate vs a hypothetical unfocused 4 health 3 agility ship you really wanna kill.

Edited by dezzmont

10 hours ago, pakirby said:

I’ve been flying Hawk loaded up with all sorts of crew (....) Just adding R4 astromech at 2 points results in an almost 60 point ship.

R4 astromech on a LAAT? 

What about just barrage rockets? You can have it approaching the enemy really fast together with a generic ARC. Two double-modded 3 dice shots.

20 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Yiiiiiiiikes that is STRICTLY better than my beloved Proton Bombs... STRICTLY.

On 9/23/2020 at 3:02 PM, Pa Weasley said:

Oh sweet Obi-wan.... Wolfpack Warthog with Cody can squeeze in four BSPs with dedicated, concussions, and synch console plus have two points to spare.  I. Am. So. Happy. 

Oh.  Oh my.  That’s happening.  Thanks for the idea that I am shamelessly stealing.

On 9/25/2020 at 2:11 AM, xanatos135 said:

R4 astromech on a LAAT? 

What about just barrage rockets? You can have it approaching the enemy really fast together with a generic ARC. Two double-modded 3 dice shots.

R4 Why not?  For 2 points you open his dial up after performing a red maneuver.  It only has 1 & 2 straight blues so you have to go straight to clear stress.  And since it has no way to sloop or k-turn, turning around is a problem.  

Barrage is good on it though

53 minutes ago, pakirby said:

R4 Why not?  For 2 points you open his dial up after performing a red maneuver.  It only has 1 & 2 straight blues so you have to go straight to clear stress.  And since it has no way to sloop or k-turn, turning around is a problem.  

Barrage is good on it though

Cos no astromech slot?

And R4 is small ship only.

Wait...why? 

I thought ffg was abandoning updates to the official app? 

Or maybe just abandoning Epic support. Yeah, I think that was it. They said something like no expectations to put epic into app. 

We all thought we'd be getting a new app or something for a while....

We got COVID instead. 

Well, anyways. 

Nice to have new points. 

10 hours ago, Bucknife said:

Wait...why? 

I thought ffg was abandoning updates to the official app? 

Or maybe just abandoning Epic support. Yeah, I think that was it. They said something like no expectations to put epic into app. 

We all thought we'd be getting a new app or something for a while....

We got COVID instead. 

Well, anyways. 

Nice to have new points. 

FFG is not going to abandon the old app until the new one is released.
The fact that they are still releasing point on the old app does not mean the new app has been abandoned either.

On 9/24/2020 at 12:25 PM, Gupa-nupa said:

6 with CB and ESC would be pretty good. You could but fuses on 2 of them cuz you dont need the bid. 

Okay, so lemme get this straight....

The devs are geniuses that knew the horrors in our future and tried to bless us with SpamTex as a last bastion of generic efficiency wholesomeness before the great C.Bomb darkness befell us.

Got it. 

There is no Nantex nerf.

This is just the new X-wi... Uh.... Droid-Wing.