Vykk Draygo

New points are up in the official app

2 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

I guess there's a cheap dooku sedan now? Maybe palps has a purpose?

Palp has always had a purpose on Maul. Upping him to 4 Force and inflicting stress on attackers are both huge boosts. 

• 51-54 for the LAAT.  I know folks who wanted to run them as bruisers will be disappointed.  These have a powerful support ability and are probably worth the points.
    • Ayyla more expensive than Yoda checks out to me.  Sexy Devil Kit Fisto seems like a bargain. Choice of green "calculate" or red Evade.
    • Non-Force crew seem fine.
    • Multi-missile pods at 8 seem expensive.
  • 38 for the generic Xi shocks me.  These are essentially Resistance Transports in terms of toughness and offense and maneuverability.  Actions are a hair different, but they don't feel vastly better, not 6 points better at least.
    • Named Xi feel decent.  Malarus + 6 FO could be legit.
  • HMP start at 34.  I can see them not really wanting 6 per list, that's a lot of health and consistent firepower. They're around what a Y-Wing or TIE/sf with FCS costs, and their ship ability is basically FCS, and they essentially have the same statline.
    • Five would be interesting.
      • They nearly all have Device and Tactical Relay slots, so really easy to run, say DRK-1 for consistent locks, as well as something like K2-B4 to make these tanky buggers tankier.
        • There's an interesting set of listbuilding choices: Run Init 1 or 3? Run Probes? Run Relay?  Run Config?  Run other ordnance?  Can't really do it all, but you can probably get two, maybe 3 out of the options.
        • DGS-047 at +1 point over an Init 1 is an amazing buy, and really helps a full squad.
      • Kalani at 5 seems fair.  Dude isn't that great, since only one friendly at a time can lock an enemy ship due to once per opportunity.  Different ships can get locks on different enemies, but only 1-to-1, so it doesn't help with focus fire.
    • Synced Laser Cannons at 6... hrm.  I kinda think SLC is more powerful than an Ion Cannon, but the differences aren't large.
Edited by theBitterFig

Just now, theBitterFig said:

Yoda seems over-rated to me.  Two force doesn't matter on any of the crew carriers, and his ability doesn't seem shockingly good.

Once we have the Actis, he might see use. The Delta-7 just doesn't have great options for purple actions right now, although maybe there's some timeline where a Delta-7 with Battle Meditation gets to keep its force from Yoda and it's not rampantly expensive for what it does?

4 minutes ago, Something Wicked said:

The new concussion bombs are only 3 points.  39 for a bombardment drone with struts, trajectory simulator and them.

BTL-A4 Y-wing - Gray Squadron Bomber - 33
    Gray Squadron Bomber - (30)
        Concussion Bombs (3)

Concussion Bombs (3)

Concussion Bombs (3)

Concussion Bombs (3)

Concussion Bombs (3)

Concussion Bombs (3)

Total: 198/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Elmo Rise | Know Your Meme

3 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

I wonder if they forgot to update hyperspace?  So far it looks like none of the new ships are in hyperspace?

I would hold out a little longer, I’ve been checking it periodically today. It seems they update it on Wednesday since we have moved to Friday releases. When I first found the points it still wasn’t showing any cards in the my collection tab. It seems to slowly work it’s way thru the whole app instead showing up all at once. 

17 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:
  • 38 for the generic Xi shocks me.  These are essentially Resistance Transports in terms of toughness and offense and maneuverability.  Actions are a hair different, but they don't feel vastly better, not 6 points better at least.
    • Named Xi feel decent.  Malarus + 6 FO could be legit.

Xi has an extra agility no?  On an 8 health ship, that seems like it's worth 6 points.

Edit to ask.  Malarus with 6 FO is that a decent call for Angled Deflectors on Malarus?

Edited by gamblertuba

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Wait what?

That's such BS.  Stronger Proton Bombs, with more charges, for fewer points.  Good plan, FFG.  SMDH.

See above list: vietnam recreation with y-wings. Seismic charges probably won't see much use from here on until these change.

11 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

Automated Targeting is 1 point and Terex is 6 as well.

Automated Targeting never really seemed that strong, just surprising that FFG is letting folks have something cheap.

Hex-F with 6 Zeta SFs with ATP for 33 each... That'd probably feel pretty OK.