Sciencius

Fight to the finish - Herald of hope preview

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Sciencius said:

Never really payed much attention to the fact that the Starfortress bomber had two gunner slots, this does open up for som interesting possibilities. 

3 Cobalt Squadron Bombers: 1 with Suppressive Gunner and Hotshot Co-Pilot to add a strain and remove tokens; and then 2 with Suppressive Gunner and Veteran Turret Gunner. As strain stack, you can only remove one in the following-turn or take damage, that will be brutal.

Suppressive Gunner is dishing out depletes not strain tokens. 

In my mind this only works well on high initiative gunners to reduce the incoming fire. I don't think it will be great on low ini ships because the opponent has the next turn to clear the token.

In that regard this could be good on Paige as a double tap or Han. 

At 75 points you could run

Han+trickshot+suppressive fire+title

Or 

Paige+VTG+suppressive fire+concussion bombs.

Edited by Tyhar7

1 hour ago, ForceSensitive said:

So... Uh... I think someone at FFG is a hardcore rap fan, and I approve?

Wrobie Tyce. I think it's supposed to be a play on rap artist Obie Trice.

Surely it's Lucasfilm? Aren't all these pilots named elsewhere?

Like this one, Tyce is from Rise, she's Larma D'acy's partner.

I don't think FFG names many people anymore, save for the "Rampage" style pilot names.

35 minutes ago, Roller of blanks said:

Did FFG every name people with "real" names? All I can remember are "blue ace" "Red ace" "bad guy"

E.g. Kestal is a FFG invention

3 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

So... Uh... I think someone at FFG is a hardcore rap fan, and I approve?

Wrobie Tyce. I think it's supposed to be a play on rap artist Obie Trice.

At least Ello Asty as BeastieBoys reference is allegedly JJ's invention.

Posted (edited)

Palob Godalhi was another invented name for Pablo Hidalgo. Who came up with it, I don't know. Maybe it was someone at LF then, not FFG But like, c'mon, that's gotta be someone's idea. It's just too perfect. 

Edited by ForceSensitive
Autocorrect, you try so hard

1 hour ago, ForceSensitive said:

Palob Godalhi was another invented name for Pablo Hidalgo. Who can't up with it, I don't know. Maybe it was someone at LF then, not FFG But like, c'mon, that's gotta be someone's idea. It's just too perfect. 

First appeared in a novel by A C Crispin in 1998, Rebel Dawn. Either she came up with or the story group at the time did, I'm guessing. Pablo had been writing Star Wars stuff before then (including RPG stuff and the Star Wars Index) but hadn't yet been hired on at Lucas. I wouldn't be surprised if they just happened to be friends.

25 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

First appeared in a novel by A C Crispin in 1998, Rebel Dawn. Either she came up with or the story group at the time did, I'm guessing. Pablo had been writing Star Wars stuff before then (including RPG stuff and the Star Wars Index) but hadn't yet been hired on at Lucas. I wouldn't be surprised if they just happened to be friends.

Some Google-fu later I found Hidalgo started doing work for LF back in 97, or as early as 93. The wiki article was a bit awkward in some specific details. The friends angle would make sense with that timeline.