Sciencius

Fight to the finish - Herald of hope preview

8 minutes ago, Gupa-nupa said:

As a rebel player, I kinda hate the fact that FFG seems to be super interested in giving them new astromechs and the like. Its time to show the rebels some love. 

10 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

And yeah, I definitely agree that RZ1s and TIE Interceptors have a greater need for new pilots than either of the ships in this pack.

Phoenix Cell should at least give us RZ1s. After that?????????? The wook says Y-wings, but I could also see that orange B-wing or even X-wings in that pack https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Phoenix_Cell

The Empire one I have no idea what ships they will put in, but if Interceptors need some love that could work.

Edited by RyantheFett

21 minutes ago, Tyhar7 said:

R2-D2 seems... okay. Reistance only Regen, so can be priced better, plus on Poe you can use it clear a stress or other red token when you need to... for a shield seems steep tho. 

It's 2 shield regens with a nominal penalty (you can clear the deplete with your next maneuver most of the time), which is quite strong given the other costs associated with regen elsewhere (disarm tokens, single actions, double actions, flipping damage cards, etc). The red token removal ability is like a worse Electronic Baffle and wouldn't be worth bringing by itself.

48 minutes ago, svelok said:

everyone was mad about these mechanics on nantex, are they going to think they're cool now that they're on resistance ships?

Maybe.

If this wasn't entirely missing how these *ACTUALLY WORK*, in the interest of a cheap "both-sides" gotcha.

• Suralinda can't shoot someone who blocks her, not even for 3 dice, let alone 4 dice sometimes.  Someone else, maybe, but she'll also almost surely be fairly priced, and there isn't a full squad of her.
  • Folks calling Backwards Tailslide garbage are completely right.
    • Land on an obstacle, and you've still lost your action: can't do anything.
    • Barrel Roll or Boost onto an obstacle?  often, you'll be in a worse position than before.
    • Travel over one entirely?  Very, very hard, geometrically speaking.
  • Collision Detector already exists.  It costs 6 points. 

2 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

The Empire one I have no idea what ships they will put in, but if Interceptors need some love that could work.

If it's Skystrike Academy like the leaks/rumors suggested, based on the Rebels show, TIE Interceptor, TIE Fighter, and TIE Bomber are the most likely candidate ships.

2 minutes ago, Transmogrifier said:

It's 2 shield regens with a nominal penalty (you can clear the deplete with your next maneuver most of the time), which is quite strong given the other costs associated with regen elsewhere (disarm tokens, single actions, double actions, flipping damage cards, etc). The red token removal ability is like a worse Electronic Baffle and wouldn't be worth bringing by itself.

Yeah it's a much improved regen, that ability alone seems good. However stress management on a ship like Poe is a big thing, removing a red token seem like a solid use of a charge, however at a cost of a shield... can't say I'd take that deal that often.

However it would allow you use Black One and not get ionized the following turn.  

39 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Folks calling Backwards Tailslide garbage are completely right.

• Barrel Roll or Boost onto an obstacle?  often, you'll be in a worse position than before.

Hmmmmmmmm maybe a super cheap talent just for X-wings to gtfo?? See that you are screwed, punch it thought a asteroid, and now they have a long range shot against you with you having a dodge token to boot? Only Snaps could really use it offensively and that is asking for a lot to happen. For the right price it could be okay on Rebels????

Edited by RyantheFett

50 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

• Folks calling Backwards Tailslide garbage are completely right.

I don't think that's entirely correct. 

In conjunction with PA it would allow any of your ships to Land on an obstacle, focus - link red BR off (edit: at the cost of double stressing) or simple BR boost and gain an evade . In fact tactically landing aiming for gas clouds or debris might not be a bad strategy if you know its the least likely place your going to be blocked. (Edit) With Temmin in the mix they can also gain a calculate. 

On Nien and a debris and good positioning that becomes a Nien that can, focus, Evade, Target lock and calculate if Temmin is included!  

Any ship with Overdrive thrusters can probably clear them quite well. 

Edited by Tyhar7

23 minutes ago, Tyhar7 said:

That new I5 is underwhelming tho, you have to evade - boost to prox the ability for your friends, then lose any modes for yourself. 

It's no Zizi or Lulo to be sure. But another I5 is another I5 and the way Awings like to fly, they could evade to boost out of arc and potentially pass the evade to a ship in arc or multiple arcs. If their arc is already turned backward they potentially get shots too. It's most likely going to be mid-30s just like Talli.

2 minutes ago, Skitch_ said:

It's no Zizi or Lulo to be sure. But another I5 is another I5 and the way Awings like to fly, they could evade to boost out of arc and potentially pass the evade to a ship in arc or multiple arcs. If their arc is already turned backward they potentially get shots too. It's most likely going to be mid-30s just like Talli.

Might be the ship to give starbird slash to and just use it more as a support a-wing...

1 minute ago, Skitch_ said:
40 minutes ago, Tyhar7 said:

That new I5 is underwhelming tho, you have to evade - boost to prox the ability for your friends, then lose any modes for yourself. 

This here. Seems like Resistance I5 Awings are either strong dps or cheap support. I sort of like that concept. Wonder with these expansions coming out we will get to see more ships get this kind of idenity?

24 minutes ago, Tyhar7 said:

I don't think that's entirely correct. 

In conjunction with PA it would allow any of your ships to Land on an obstacle, focus - link red BR off and gain an evade. In fact tactically landing aiming for gas clouds or debris might not be a bad strategy if you know its the least likely place your going to be blocked. (Edit) With Temmin in the mix they can also gain a calculate. 

On Nien and a debris and good positioning that becomes a Nien that can, focus, Evade and Target lock!  

Any ship with Overdrive thrusters can probably clear them quite well. 

I think you are forgetting/overestimating Patter Analyzer. It only lets you do an action after a red move. So you can't just use it to throw yourself over obstacles and get all the actions. And then you need to use that action to boost or roll and manage to get through the obstacle in order to get the evade. 

And if you do, and you link off the roll/boost in some way, you'll be double stressed from the move and the linked action.

EDIT: Also, if you DO manage to do all that, you still have your wings shut (unless Snap is around) and so unless you have the bullseye arc, you are losing out on a red dice.

Edited by InterceptorMad

15 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

I think you are forgetting/overestimating Patter Analyzer. It only lets you do an action after a red move. So you can't just use it to throw yourself over obstacles and get all the actions. And then you need to use that action to boost or roll and manage to get through the obstacle in order to get the evade. 

And if you do, and you link off the roll/boost in some way, you'll be double stressed from the move and the linked action.

Yeah sure your double stressed if you you went all the way with Focus-BR, to be honest I'm mainly thinking about using Nien in that situation. However a simple BR or boost off a Gas cloud will gain you an evade, plus you have positional options you didn't have before, if its 1 point and you have PA it might be worth it more than Heroic for the positional potential. 

Edited by Tyhar7

31 minutes ago, FastWalker said:

I'm disappointed that FFG didn't include a Black One paint scheme for new players.  Pity.  I guess the Heroes of the Resistance 1.0 pack is now a collectible.

rebel-x-wing-poe-dameron-600px.gif

The Black One is gone, all hail the Orange One

Edited by Tyhar7

The name on Nimi Chireen's card has a typo, her last name is spelled "Chereen" on the card but it should be "Chireen". Anybody know who to report this to before they print thousands with the typo?

14 minutes ago, Tyhar7 said:

Yeah sure your double stressed if you you went all the way with Focus-BR, to be honest I'm mainly thinking about using Nien in that situation. However a simple BR or boost off a Gas cloud will gain you an evade, plus you have positional options you didn't have before.  

Well you'll be double stressed anyway if it was a Debris, triple if you linked. Then stressed and maybe strained if it's gas (and now you are off of it you may not be getting the benefit of defending through it) and if you don't manage to get off an asteroid fully, you'd screwed up a shot. 

Yes, Nein can do a few things with it if he nails the move every time, but that's a few too many maybes for me to take this card over Heroic or Predator or Crack. And after managing to nail all that with Nein, you still then need an enemy ship in your arc at range 0-1 to remove any of the stress you got lol 

Edited by InterceptorMad

16 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

Well you'll be double stressed anyway if it was a Debris, triple if you linked. Then stressed and maybe strained if it's gas (and now you are off of it you may not be getting the benefit of defending through it) and if you don't manage to get off an asteroid fully, you'd screwed up a shot. 

Yes, Nein can do a few things with it if he nails the move every time, but that's a few too many maybes for me to take this card over Heroic or Predator or Crack. 

Look it's very situational, if I was running XXXX with PA then I might take this with Gas Clouds to make sure I had options over simply taking heroic for variance. 

For Nien, with PA and Overdrive Thrusters, on him, could be very good taking debris and clearing off all that stress. 

(edit) All in all it down your choice of obstacles and placement to make sure it works for you. 

(edit) Also I play Nien and T-70's a lot, tend to use the focus - BR quite often and don't struggle to get the bullseye on target that often. If might just be my play style seeing some potential here. With Temmin included its just going to make things easier. 

Edited by Tyhar7

And remember, Tailslide does not ignore the obstacle in any way.  So usually you will be rolling that die for effects, and you don’t want to end on a rock and probably don’t want to touch debris at all.

2 hours ago, PhantomFO said:

Backwards Tailslide is absolute binder garbage. The only way it sees play is of it's zero points.

I mean, its not great. But I see edge situations, where you may be trapped by obstacles, where the choice now becomes take the obstacle, or take the enemy's shot. Plus, it is fun with the overdrive thrusters.