Jump to content
OC Architect

Devil Reef (Innsmouth Mythos 2) Announcement

Recommended Posts

Oh my good grief where do I start?

 

a seeker spell that has the potential for 8 damage??? Like wow, is there a mystic that can take all the spells? Lol

 

vehicles???? Please oh please give us cars too, heck different boats would be cool too. 
 

That neutral event is amazing too, that’s some nice versatility.

 

this pack is looking amazing already lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've really been enjoying pre-ordering from Fantasy Flight for all new products, but there doesn't seem to be a link to pre-order on this one. Does anyone know if FFG has changed their policy on this? The line at the end of the article reads: 'You can pre-order your own copy of Devil Reef (AHC54) at your local retailer today.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm good catch, I wonder if it’s because of all the delays? Maybe they’re getting too many people being annoyed so they are out sourcing? Maybe asmodee’s website will be the new preorder place instead of FFG? Maybe someone just forgot? 
 

>.< have no idea personally, feel it’s the first one though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sooner535 said:

Oh my good grief where do I start?

 

a seeker spell that has the potential for 8 damage??? Like wow, is there a mystic that can take all the spells? Lol

 

vehicles???? Please oh please give us cars too, heck different boats would be cool too. 
 

That neutral event is amazing too, that’s some nice versatility.

 

this pack is looking amazing already lol

I believe cars were shown on the FFG stream from GenCon?

 

Oh and the art is kickin’ In these preview cards as well.

RM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Sooner535 said:

Hmm good catch, I wonder if it’s because of all the delays? Maybe they’re getting too many people being annoyed so they are out sourcing? Maybe asmodee’s website will be the new preorder place instead of FFG? Maybe someone just forgot? 
 

>.< have no idea personally, feel it’s the first one though

I think someone forgot.  The article that went up the day before for the new Lord of the Rings pack has the pre-order link, so they do still do pre-order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lily Chen said:

I think someone forgot.  The article that went up the day before for the new Lord of the Rings pack has the pre-order link, so they do still do pre-order. 

So does the previous Mythos pack. My only worry is the wording at the end as well as the lack of button. The lack of a button would have been me believing it was just a mistake..... idk who knows how FFG does things :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OC Architect said:

I believe cars were shown on the FFG stream from GenCon?

 

Oh and the art is kickin’ In these preview cards as well.

RM

I know right? So much to love. And when was cars shown? Any link that I can look into?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sooner535 said:

I know right? So much to love. And when was cars shown? Any link that I can look into?

Check the Inflight Report from GenCon as some of the cards they showed off a car and boat story asset cards. Check it out at around 23 minutes. 
Also, the third Mythos pack cover is a car and the same story asset vehicle shown in the Inflight Report. 
 

RM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cubiclelord said:

I've really been enjoying pre-ordering from Fantasy Flight for all new products, but there doesn't seem to be a link to pre-order on this one. Does anyone know if FFG has changed their policy on this? The line at the end of the article reads: 'You can pre-order your own copy of Devil Reef (AHC54) at your local retailer today.'

I'll bet it has to do with Asmodee NA not getting their page up in time.  It's been that way with the last 2 Marvel packs as well as at least 1 Arkham pack.  It should be up within a day.  It could be because they (Asmodee (NA & abroad)) have had problems with publishing pages before announcements in the past.

So, Blood Pact & Keen Eye are getting 0XP cards...  They came out together in Dunwich-Mythos 4: Blood on the Alter.  They are part of a 5-piece set (Keen EyeHigh EducationStreetwise, Blood Pact, Scrapper) of 3XP permanent cards.  It looks like we're getting the last 2 here, as the other 3 were in their respective class decks!

ahc54_a1_cardfan.png

ahc54_radiant-smite.pngahc54_gaze-of-ouraxsh.pngahc54_third-times-a-charm.pngahc54_manipulate-destiny.pngahc54_fishing-vessel.pngahc54_the-terror-of-devil-reef.png

Dang but that art is amazing!

Well, they said during the initial stream that Seekers wanted Curse tokens in the bag. 😜

Edited by Duciris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. A curse/bless Jacqueline will like Manipulate Destiny. But honestly, since auto-fail and elder sign is included on the card, anyone can run it regardless of deck construction.

All of these cards look very good and usable. Except probably Blood Pact and Keen Eye. I don't really care for those non-permanent boosters. I'd rather take a composure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duciris said:

The Truth Beckons is going to be fantastic.  Doubly with Ursula, like she doesn't zip across the map as is.  "I finished looking over here, now clear a path for me!"

Right? Lol, I am glad seekers are seeing even more movement utility, almost like FFG thinks there should only be 1 thing that slows down seekers: enemies. Rather than movement >.<

 

EDIT: I wonder if the upgraded versions will allow you to ignore enemies or/allow you to play while an enemy is engaged with you/or make it fast first? I would spend 2XP for a fast version easy, maybe 5 for all of the above? Hmmm could be interesting >.< 

Edited by Sooner535

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, cubiclelord said:

I've really been enjoying pre-ordering from Fantasy Flight for all new products, but there doesn't seem to be a link to pre-order on this one. Does anyone know if FFG has changed their policy on this? The line at the end of the article reads: 'You can pre-order your own copy of Devil Reef (AHC54) at your local retailer today.'

You can pre-order. I just did. After the end of the article it says ‘discuss in our forums’ and under that is the pre-order link. It’s in a different place than it used to be. You can also go into Products and into AHCG and it’s under Innsmouth Conspiracy for pre-order. 
 

This is the first time I have ever seen an expansion out of stock before it releases. This is becoming a popular game! They should up the print quantities! 

Edited by Mimi61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Duciris said:

ng but that art is amazing!

Well, they said during the initial stream that Seekers wanted Curse tokens in the bag. 😜

Edited 5 hours ago by Duciri

I’m with you!! Are we getting free art? It didn’t say this time. 
 

Ok, I am having an investigator brain freeze.  
Seeker: Trish

Mystic: Dexter 

Survivor: Silas 

Guardian: Sister Mary 

Rogue: ????

 

 

Edited by Mimi61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mimi61 said:

Seeker: Trish

Mystic: Dexter 

Survivor: Silas 

Guardian: Sister Mary 

Rogue: ????

Trish is the Rogue, Seeker is Amanda Sharpe.

As an aside, with everything for her spoiled I've been playing Trish through Return to Forgotten Age.  She's a ton of fun, if a bit awkward with her reliance on enemies.  Her ability triggering at the location where you get the clues (unlike most which trigger at your location) makes remote clue gathering a subtle but powerful (and again fun) approach with her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duciris said:

Radiant Smite should be on a sleeve or playmat.  Gaze of Ouraxsh might should be on a playmat too.

ha ~ !  i want Truth Beckons on a playmat.  or even Terror of Devil Reef. 

is it just me or does Ouraxsh look like it was made by a different artist compared to some of others?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mimi61 said:

I’m with you!! Are we getting free art? It didn’t say this time. 
 

Ok, I am having an investigator brain freeze.  
Seeker: Trish

Mystic: Dexter 

Survivor: Silas 

Guardian: Sister Mary 

Rogue: ????

 

 

Has it already been mentioned that there will only be 5 investigators this go around instead of the normal six for an even numbered deluxe box?

 

RM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Truth Beckons seems like a reference to Darrel and the Unamable from the Investigators of Arkham Horror. But I can't tell if he's holding a camera of some sort of a suitcase. I really like that idea if it is. I liked his story.

Edited by Soakman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OC Architect said:

Has it already been mentioned that there will only be 5 investigators this go around instead of the normal six for an even numbered deluxe box?

 

RM

Yes. It’s in the Innsmouth product description.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Assussanni said:

Trish is the Rogue, Amanda is the Seeker.

Duh. I did know that. 
I think I had assumed for such a long time that Trish would be a Seeker/Rogue, that it was a done deal in my head! 

I just got word that my Innsmouth shipped today. This is awesome. Just like the Pre-Covid days.  

Edited by Mimi61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...