Whisco

Tripple init 6 Scum

With the latest point update many big ships get another buff. and 2 of them have init 6 pilots at scum. so I start thinking if its possible to match them with the other one, Fenn. And you know it. Fenn fits in nearly every teamcomp.

i had quite good experiences with the following list:

Fenn Rau (68)    
    Predator (2)    

Ship total: 70  Half Points: 35  Threshold: 2    

Dengar (53)    
    Marksmanship (1)    
    Greedo (1)    
    Contraband Cybernetics (2)    
    Punishing One (5)    
    R5-P8 (4)    

Ship total: 66  Half Points: 33  Threshold: 5    

Han Solo (Scum) (48)    
    Trick Shot (4)    
    Qi'ra (2)    
    BT-1 (2)    
    Shield Upgrade (4)    
    Lando's Millennium Falcon (3)    

Ship total: 63  Half Points: 32  Threshold: 6    

Total: 199    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z97X127WY115X125WWWW83W92WW159W8Y89X133WWW55W79WW165W152&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

some expressions on the list:

i really love outmaneuver on fenn - flying in from behind or get a good flank can oneshot squishies but i really use to blank 2 or 3 dice in these attacks and predator brings in a potential reroll. it triggers really often in most matchups.

Dengar can hit really hard - if you find a good turn with Contraband Cybernetics and get the double attack you deal tons of dmg with this "Tank". R5-P8 is the real hero on this ship. it saved me so many hits, even last hits. trigger marksmanship in a good roll with greedo and another crit can **** your oponent up. This ship shows pure dominance!

last but not least - 63 Points for Han? potentail 6 dice attacks on a massive tank ? i´ll take it. even if you dont get 4 dice attacks every turn, if they dont focus han, he will hit back like a train.

People use to fly passive against 3 init 6 ships, so fenn often cant find an perfect engage but then they got ride over by han and dengar. if you get lucky shots at their carrires early the games tend to be over soon after cause they just cant match your red dice power. i really love this list. and even "Bad Pilots" like me can get good results simply by flying completely after your opponent.

I have a friend who flies something similar but includes proton torps and autoblasters on Dengar, I guess no punishing one, no R5-P8, stripped down Han.  It's a decent list.  I think the general feeling is that Han is a trap and really hard to make work in practice.  It's hard to stop thinking about all those dice you're going to roll, except so much of the time you're not doing.

I love the idea of 666 scum, but I do run against popular opinion that Lando is actually the best pilot for his own ship. Sure he’s at i4, but slap agile gunner on him and you get the action economy that Han simply doesn’t have. I had a few extra points to toss on L3, which can help Lando clear stress and is oh so thematic. IG88 could also be a good fit with the double calcs to provide mods on offense and defense.

Fenn Rau (68)    
    Predator (2)    

Ship total: 70  Half Points: 35  Threshold: 2    

Dengar (53)    
    Greedo (1)    
    Contraband Cybernetics (2)    
    Punishing One (5)    
    R5-P8 (4)    

Ship total: 65  Half Points: 33  Threshold: 5    

Lando Calrissian (Scum) (42)    
    Trick Shot (4)    
    Qi'ra (2)    
    L3-37 (4)    
    Agile Gunner (5)    
    Rigged Cargo Chute (4)    

Ship total: 64  Half Points: 32  Threshold: 6    

Total: 199    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z97X127WY115XWWWW83W92WW159W8Y90X133WW55W43W76W96WW152&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

If you play Han in the falcon, IMO you gotta stample Maul on him. Action economy, more offense/defense with the force, a lot of good things. Here's what I would do:

Fenn Rau (68)    
Ship total: 68  Half Points: 34  Threshold: 2    

Dengar (53)    
    Marksmanship (1)    
    Ion Cannon (6)    
    0-0-0 (5)    
Ship total: 65  Half Points: 33  Threshold: 5    

Han Solo (Scum) (48)    
    Trick Shot (4)    
    Maul (12)    
Ship total: 67  Half Points: 34  Threshold: 6    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z97XWY115X125WW11W63WWWWY89X133WW48WWWWW152&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Dengar stesses people with 0-0-0, and gets a calculate if the enemy doesn't want to be stressed, which helps him out in offense/defense. Dengar has its 3 dices front arc range 3, and a 2 dice turret to help him out. Ion helps Fenn. Han can use his action to lock the enemy, and Fenn, well, I wish to have more points spare for crack shot or predator, but.... meh. Maybe put marksmanship on Fenn instead of Dengar ?

Never flown it, but I've looked at it, got the ships out, put them away, looked again, got them out.... etc.

Never quite managed to settle on what I was paying for, what else I might get in there....

I like the OP build, there's 6pt I might move around in Shield and BT... but I don't mind them there at all.

Lando's Falcon with 0-0-0 around is neat. I'm frightened to fly Fenn without a talent, I'd trade Ion for Blasters and Predator/Fearless. I do like the way Dengar pushes damage.

Maul vs Punishing One and R5-P8 is a hard choice. It depends where you plan to lose points.

I'm very interested in how Lando compares to Han, it's a significant saving.

I’m trying something similar... I love Asajj to more reliably turn Landos gun on. 

(68) Fenn Rau [Fang Fighter]
(3) Fearless

(69) Asajj Ventress [Lancer-class Pursuit Craft]
(2) Contraband Cybernetics

(42) Lando Calrissian [Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(2) 4-LOM
(2) Qi'ra
(5) Agile Gunner
(4) Trick Shot
(3) Lando's Millennium Falcon

Total points: 200

Here's my version of those triple initiative 6s:

- Dengar (Expert Handling, Greedo, R3 Astromech, Punishing One, Contraband Cybernetics)
- Han Solo (Trick Shot, Agile Gunner, Lando's Millenium Falcon)
- Fenn Rau (Predator)
198 points