Sign in to follow this  
Cainx

Cheap Shots !

Good photo-visors + photon flash grenade -> Drop the grenade on your own feet and now several of the guys attacking you in melee are now blind.

Hallucinogen grenade + Rebreather -> This is an entertaining way to deal with groups of enemies.

Cainx said:

I always like using weapon jinx on someone in power armor it really ruins their day .

Per the v.3.0 Errata

• Weapon Jinx on page 168 should have the first three sentences of its description replaced with: “You reach into a nearby weapon with your mind to disrupt its function.  Any one weapon within range that is not in the primitive weapon category instantly jams.”

Otherwise the power is significantly overpowered in most situations.  The power you want now is Haywire on page 149 of DotDG.  Enjoy.

As for "cheap shots" I'm fond of some of the following.

• Projected Telepath with Soul Killer.
  • Rebreather equipped teams with Voss-pattern Nightfire Flamers.  Nothing else quite says "die heretic/xenos/chaos scum" like a weapon with both the Flame and Toxic traits.
  • See me Not combined with Hammerhands; or just about any melee ability.
  • Lathe-forged and Sanctified great sword; or paired sabers, in the hands of a Moritat Assassin to make with sweet, sweet killings.
  • Occasional betrayal by highly placed and/or trusted NPCs.

Just some of my favorites.

-=Brother Praetus=-

**** Brother Praetus..some interesting and exceedingly cheap but effective ideas there.. Methinks you and me gotta put our minds together and come up with some truly devious ideas for some game scenarios sometime soondemonio.gif

On the topic of cheap shots though...stealth bodyglove with nightcloak ( i think thats the name for it..lol ) and a lathe-blade for an assassin in a dark corner of a nice scenic area...so the target doesnt suspect anything and is easier to disembowel with one deft stroke of the blade...that or a mono-garrote for the silent approach

If I'm not mistaken, being on Fire in Dark Heresy requires a Full Acton to put yourself out.

Pinning reduces actions to Half-Action(s). I'm not sure if they meant one half acton or two separate halfactions, but it's moot in this case.

Set a bunch of people on fire, then have a buddy supress them with autofire. They'll never put themselves out unless they can unpin themselves (-20 WP test), while on fire (-30WP test I think), then a successful Ag test next round. That's assuming they aren't pinned again straight away.

Yeah, great idea. Although I'd probably give a WP bonus for unpinning/not getting pinned due to having more pressing concerns, such as being on fire.

Brother Praetus said:

• Lathe-forged and Sanctified great sword; or paired sabers, in the hands of a Moritat Assassin to make with sweet, sweet killings.

Funny you should mention this... Yes. One definately wonders how

A)  "great weapons" made it past QA with 2d10 instead of long sabres 1d10+2 or evisc 1d10+10 (less chance at fury, more chance at hacking your own limbs off)

b) "Great weapons" with Moriatat reapers making it past QA

Had one in a group, All encounters with Daemons, or anything else with high TB / unnatural tb culminated with 'waiting around for the assassin to trivialize the encounter, while the rest of us get slapped around like a red headed step child', then my favorite "no way, my assassin isnt OP"