Jarval

Rule the Skies - HMP Droid Gunship preview up

4 hours ago, RStan said:

Synced Laser Cannons: I'd like to do a PSA on this card first. "If you are calculating, the defender does not apply the range bonus." SO that means when the defender rolls defense dice your ship still has to be calculating, meaning still has a calculate token. So if all you have to shoot with this is a single calc token, you probably want to mod your dice which means the range bonus effect won't happen as often as you think. Not saying it's bad because of that, just informing people of that so we can limit future mistakes while playing. Besides that, solid Cannon, probably 6-7 pts. 

I hadn’t put this together! Thanks for pointing that out!

2 hours ago, kris40k said:

These guys going to get a crew slot and new droid crew?

I hope so! I think that it would be really cool to see that mechanic. I think that more remotes is a hard sell for me at the moment. The next remote I want to see, is a missile. It would be able to move with the templates but only forwards. Something like a 3-4 turn limit on the board, but it could be outflown by an ace, or a faster ship...

33 minutes ago, Gupa-nupa said:

I hope so! I think that it would be really cool to see that mechanic. I think that more remotes is a hard sell for me at the moment. The next remote I want to see, is a missile. It would be able to move with the templates but only forwards. Something like a 3-4 turn limit on the board, but it could be outflown by an ace, or a faster ship...

The problem with a remote missile that only moves forward is that it's stupidly easy to just move to the side for all but the most lumbering of ships.  Unless moving will really throw the enemy into disarray, you will never hit with it unless you're close enough for it to just be a regular bullseye-arc missile.

That is a good point. I havnt put too much thought into it, but maybe it isnt trying to hit ships. I think maybe it would deal enough damage on impact that it would be used to cleat a lane for attacking, or forcing an enemy ship into a kill box. I dont know. 

@Gupa-nupa 

Forcing a 6 droid swarm into two groups of three (or forcing them to turn some of their arcs totally to the side) does a lot to make them less efficient jousters, but I doubt that effect would be useful enough to pay more than a few points. It is very similar to Traj-sim which doesn't see a ton of play on the ships that can use it because your paying at least 9 points to tell your opponent to break up or lose the game of chicken for 1 turn. You would need to price it assuming the effect really reads 'make a 2 hard at some point in your very near future or take some damage.'

4 minutes ago, clockworkspider said:

Shouldn't that picture have, I don't know, TIE fighters photoshopped in where the helicopters are?

I considered making an edit to this effect, but I figured no one would appreciate it because it suits only my weird sense of humor. Glad someone else thought of that too!

Edited by dezzmont

8 minutes ago, clockworkspider said:

Shouldn't that picture have, I don't know, TIE fighters photoshopped in where the helicopters are?

Yeah, ideally; and maybe a title using the original show font. Posted it while on the job so punted on a more elaborate treatment. 😎🍺

9 hours ago, Gupa-nupa said:

The next remote I want to see, is a missile. It would be able to move with the templates but only forwards. Something like a 3-4 turn limit on the board, but it could be outflown by an ace, or a faster ship...

I think this would be very interesting, I would like to se such a remote too.

8 hours ago, Matanui3 said:

The problem with a remote missile that only moves forward is that it's stupidly easy to just move to the side for all but the most lumbering of ships.  Unless moving will really throw the enemy into disarray, you will never hit with it unless you're close enough for it to just be a regular bullseye-arc missile.

As remotes (usually) move in the system-phase, the is the option for this remote-missile to hit e.g by allowing template-overlapping in the system phase, with the damage taken already there. 

This would allow this missile to fired at its carriers usual attack initiative move with the template and if it misses in the engagement phase, it can now move in the following system phase, before anybody moves, such a remote-missile would be crazy scary and very hard to avoid. So possibly only 1 damage.  

Possibly the remote-missile should have initiative 0 to allow decloaking and other system-phase shenanigans to be a possible counter. 

Edited by Sciencius

4 minutes ago, Sciencius said:

I think this would be very interesting, I would like to se such a missile-remote too.

As remotes (usually) move in the system-phase, the is the option for this remote-missile to hit e.g by allowing template-overlapping in the system phase, with the damage taken already there. 

This would allow this missile to fired at its carriers usual attack initiative move with the template and if it misses in the engagement phase, it can now move in the following system phase, before anybody moves, such a remote-missile would be crazy scary and very hard to avoid. So possibly only 1 damage.  

Possibly the remote-missile should have initiative 0 to allow decloaking and other system-phase shenanigans to be a possible counter. 

PLEASE FFG make such a remote-missile and make it require a missile-slot AND an illicit slot (="scum love").

Edited by Sciencius

My thought for a moving missile was a remote you launched with a template, but the remote had a firing arc. On the next turn you resolve the missiles attack from the remote against something in it's firing arc and then remove the remote. Basically just a turn delayed firing position.

2 hours ago, svelok said:

ah yes, a "remote that is a missile", otherwise known as "a mine, but it can move", what could go wrong?

Limited in number, turns it lives before removed, and maximum damage, not much I think. 

Edited by Sciencius

12 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

A cheap, high ammo MMP will bring a certian forgotten talent back into the meta, IMO.

"Hello there, Mr ace. Good job getting out of my front arc, but I have a lock on you. Have you seen Macross?"

I love it. Saturation salvo requires reload action though, so the combo doesn't go on a lot of ships, to say it mildly.

Edited by Cerebrawl

That would be a great combo, but I dont think the HMP’s will have the Talent slot. We dont see any cards in the spread, and none of the other droids have one. Other than that, it would work great, so for ships like the Laat and the Bomber/Starwing. 

3 hours ago, Gupa-nupa said:

That would be a great combo, but I dont think the HMP’s will have the Talent slot. We dont see any cards in the spread, and none of the other droids have one. Other than that, it would work great, so for ships like the Laat and the Bomber/Starwing. 

Bomber ace 4 points cheaper than Rho boat, but the Rho can take FCS and ASLAM for 5 points, and is slightly more durable.

Rebels, scum, First Order and resistance dont have double missile slots with EPT (though arguably the Scyk and T70's Hardpoint ability could take a "Missile upgrade" that required slots that are not on the chassis)

Sepratists dont seem to have any options either, if this ship doesnt have an elite slot. And theRepublic doesnt seem to have access to this trick either.

This may just be an empire shenanigan.

1 hour ago, Rakaydos said:

Rebels, scum, First Order and resistance dont have double missile slots with EPT (though arguably the Scyk and T70's Hardpoint ability could take a "Missile upgrade" that required slots that are not on the chassis)

The rules reference specific addresses the Weapon Hardpoint , saying that it cannot use double cannon upgrades. I think this came out in the January RR update.

On 9/9/2020 at 8:17 PM, feltipern1 said:

Kalani's not going to be 5 points - more likely 7, given the power that HMPs get from friendly locks (as per ship ability).

Kalani 5 point.

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separatist Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z354X116WY354X116WY354X116WY354X116WY354X116WY307X353WW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Edited by Boreas Mun

For me, imma start with two onderon oppressors with the config, the new bombs and fuses. Maybe a missle? Probably ESC if anything?? Grevious with souless one and somthin yet to be determined. 

20 minutes ago, Gupa-nupa said:

For me, imma start with two onderon oppressors with the config, the new bombs and fuses. Maybe a missle? Probably ESC if anything?? Grevious with souless one and somthin yet to be determined. 

Isn't Hyena (15 points) better for this?

7 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Okay so. What are we all gonna run for this ship?

I can't wait to wheedle around the board

5 I3 with Sideslip and DRK-1s.  Digitally, of course.  The pure expression of the list.  I1s + Doug get more toys, but keeping it simple early seems decent.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:06 PM, dezzmont said:

I considered making an edit to this effect, but I figured no one would appreciate it because it suits only my weird sense of humor. Glad someone else thought of that too!

I know I'd appreciate it!

Kinda seems like config should be 0pt and the Geo should be 33pt, if they're worried enough about 6x to make the i1 34. 

feels like the other pilots earned a right to double cannons, too, but if we're going to enforce no synced cannons and drk1 on the same ship, at least cut them a tax break...

Even 34 points with 0-point config would be sweet.  Having 5 with all the trimmings would still be pretty cool.  Ion Missiles are cheap, and would be really nice with sideslips.

As to double-cannons... maybe both the ** limited ones should have had them.  That'd be interesting, and a way to limit cannons to 4-per-list, without getting into artificially high ship breakpoints.

Edited by theBitterFig