Jarval

Rule the Skies - HMP Droid Gunship preview up

2 hours ago, Boreas Mun said:

So if Kalani is 5 points, you can have 5xPAA+CS  and FOA with Kalani for 200 points.

One thing worth noting: once-per-opportunity almost surely doesn't allow several Nantex to grab locks on the same ship.  Nantex 1/2/3 could grab locks on three different ships.

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

One thing worth noting: once-per-opportunity almost surely doesn't allow several Nantex to grab locks on the same ship.  Nantex 1/2/3 could grab locks on three different ships.

Are you sure? I would think of it as three separate triggers. Hmmm, you may be right...

5 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Are you sure? I would think of it as three separate triggers. Hmmm, you may be right...

That's why I said "almost surely."

I think the relevant trigger is an enemy ship moving, so only one ship could lock it.  Different ships, different triggers, additional locks, but not on the same enemy ship.  At least, that's how I read it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there's a Tactical Relay that *doesn't* work from Calculate, since that opens up a lot of options.  Just, seems like it's probably fair, and not the scariest thing printed.

7 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

That's why I said "almost surely."

I think the relevant trigger is an enemy ship moving, so only one ship could lock it.  Different ships, different triggers, additional locks, but not on the same enemy ship.  At least, that's how I read it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there's a Tactical Relay that *doesn't* work from Calculate, since that opens up a lot of options.  Just, seems like it's probably fair, and not the scariest thing printed.

I came here looking for an answer to this and I think you are correct. The card says "after an enemy ship executes a maneuver.......may spend 1 charge." If not I think they would of worded it as spend a charge per ship to acquire that many locks. Each ship may only acquire one lock. Or something along those lines.  

34 minutes ago, Spinland said:

Have no interest in playing Separatist but might have to get a couple of these in order to hang those cannons on my two B-Wings. Hmm.

But why tho? The key benefit of the cannon is only applicable if you somehow move a calculate onto a B-wing. I suppose it could be done, but then you're investing points into a ship specifically so it can pass calc tokens as well as the cannon itself, and only for a very marginal improvement on the B-wings primary attack that only matters at range 3. It doesn't really seem worth it to me, but hey I've been wrong about this stuff before.

Edited by Hippie Moosen

34 minutes ago, Hippie Moosen said:

But why tho? The key benefit of the cannon is only applicable if you somehow move a calculate onto a B-wing. I suppose it could be done, but then you're investing points into a ship specifically so it can pass calc tokens as well as the cannon itself, and only for a very marginal improvement on the B-wings primary attack that only matters at range 3. It doesn't really seem worth it to me, but hey I've been wrong about this stuff before.

Three dice double tap with a full frontal arc. Don't care so much about the calculate, but Leia with K-2SO seems interesting, and the best B-wings like stress tokens.

Edited by Spinland

2 minutes ago, Spinland said:

Three dice double tap with a full frontal arc. Don't care so much about the calculate, but Leia with K-2SO seems interesting, and the best B-wings like stress tokens.

Ooooooooh right. I keep forgetting double tapping is a thing now. Yeah that makes a lot of sense now.

1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

concussion bomb. That thing is 1.0 ugly, and I hate that it’s there. I love the thematic carpet bombing must keyword but I hate the effect. Would rather it be 1 dmg not 1 card bypassing shields. 

Remember, there's a very good chance the article writers messed up again and the bomb just does one damage normally 

These articles have a history of misinformation 

Just now, Roller of blanks said:

Remember, there's a very good chance the article writers messed up again and the bomb just does one damage normally 

These articles have a history of misinformation 

there's a good chance it's not intentional and that they just don't understand dealt is different than suffer.

I think we need a lot more info before we can start panicking about that bomb.

2 hours ago, Do I need a Username said:

yeah, it's more pertinent for things like Hate or other suffer damage effects.

Cpt Jostero looks sad, too. Does not trigger directly, if the bomb text in the article is correct. However he can trigger if the reveal is a direct hit.

The Repulserlift Stabilizer has some pretty interesting langauge, too.

Both sides only allow you to flip the cards after you fully execute a non-sideslip maneuver. On the inactive side, that's every maneuver. Once you flip to the Active side, only the forwards and hard stop would count. You could potentially keep it flipped by deliberately blocking your forward movements, ensuring that your maneuver is only partial. You would also lose the ability to perform an action, but that may not matter as much.

I have so much hype for this ship. That it also gets barrel rolls to go with a blue hard-2 sideslip is just bonkers.

34 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

Both sides only allow you to flip the cards after you fully execute a non-sideslip maneuver. On the inactive side, that's every maneuver. Once you flip to the Active side, only the forwards and hard stop would count. You could potentially keep it flipped by deliberately blocking your forward movements, ensuring that your maneuver is only partial. You would also lose the ability to perform an action, but that may not matter as much.

I have so much hype for this ship. That it also gets barrel rolls to go with a blue hard-2 sideslip is just bonkers.

It automatically flips after executing a sideslip.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

It's built-in FCS, kinda.  Somewhat offset by the fact that these only have Calculate and not focus.

Except it doesn't need to have a lock on the target at all, so consider 6 ships vs. trip imp aces:  If all ships have a lock then all imp aces can be double locked and the HMP gets two rerolls vs. any target.  Not that I mind too much in that example, but it's a strong ability.  Combined with the full front arc and sideslips, this thing seems to have a very high uptime.

2 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Okay how many HMPs? I feel like these could be fun with multiple. 3? 

There's the I1 ship DGS-047, that gets a Lock after shooting somebody in its front arc. You could back it up with a group of I1 Baktoid Drones and they all get re-rolls on that target thanks to the Lock. A bit of a "Howlrunner" effect. Give them the new Synced Laser Cannons for 3-dice attacks and that might work well, and I reckon they will be very able to keep targets in arc.

(Just noticed that the art on Synced Cannons shows them firing sideways... oops!)

Edited by Rossetti1828

2 hours ago, Sciencius said:

First, what do we think the cost of a i1 Baktoid Drone (the cheapest generic HMP) is going to be? 

They look comparable to a 35-point TIE Punisher (1 less health, no boost but 180-arc) which is 35 points.

The dial is horrible without Repulsorlifts, so it depends whether the Configuration is free or not.

Base I1 + Config I would guess to be 36 points.

(But if FFG are reverting to power creep with each new wave, they'll be 32.)

Edited by Rossetti1828

My take on Kalani was that he could trigger multiple times for each event ship. I saw it as enemy ship moves, check for each trigger of a bullseye landing, resolve in order of choice per simultaneous trigger rules spending charges as you go. Because the 'if' part was looking at each friendly arc. That made sense to me in conjunction with how many charges and how the HMP ability would all work together.

Not saying it's right but that's just what made sense to me.

Edited by ForceSensitive
Autocorrect, you try so hard

I feel quite meh about synced cannons on IGs. The card will be priced for its utility on the HMP, adding an attack die. For IG, you'll be paying the same just to remove a R3 defence die.

Now ofc, IG-B can double tap it, but having to miss first makes for a so-so ability. You're getting a slightly more reliable 3 die attack, but only if the 1st manages to strip a token. That can be counter played, taking one damage to turn off the follow up is feelsbad for IG.

It's neat, but I imagine it's going to seem 1 or 2 points too much for them.

MMP and Dorsal on TIE Aggressors... you won't have a lot of time, but it will almost all be on target.

Emon with Conc bombs.... Oh baby, such casual filth.

Completely random idea. A cheap V-Wing strafing in on a Conc run, might be a fun little flanker. 

1 hour ago, PhantomFO said:

If you are trying to keep your own HMP from flipping to inactive, remember that it's a may.  So do all the straight maneuvers you want, the sideslip will still be waiting when you run out of space to go straight.