Jarval

Rule the Skies - HMP Droid Gunship preview up

The Sideslip feels really cool. I've been wanting a ship with the ability to move more like a chopper or VTOL. Feels like other ships should be given that at some point for thematic reasons, like the Auzituck or the LAAT, but that could get messy depending on implementation. These guys already have it built in that you can't do the sideslip every turn which feels right, and making that work on other ships could be more trouble than it's worth. 

17 minutes ago, Boreas Mun said:

So if Kalani is 5 points, you can have 5xPAA+CS  and FOA with Kalani for 200 points.

I will stab you with the internet. Don't put that bad juju out there.

6 minutes ago, Gupa-nupa said:

How many of these are reasonable to purchase?? I feel like 2 is good to start.

Two was where my head was at.

43 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I mean, MMP is kinda a cool weapon, might be cool on a Gunboat or Punisher.  Boost > Lock or SLAM > Advanced/Lock could be fun.

But probably more fun than good.

It's looks like plenty of fun for Gunboats, but as you said, probably more fun than good. It does help their lack of turnaround a bit more. Vynder and the named Punishers might get some actual use out of it if it is decently cheaper than torps.

18 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

Fun bit. Ablative plating does not fully protect you from a friendly concussion bomb

Honestly, Ablative Plating doesn't protect you from anything since it's too expensive to take. But, your point is right. AP only stops suffering damage from the bomb, not other effects from bombs.

Edited by 5050Saint

2 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Even more fun: Ablative plating doesn't protect you at all if the article is to be believed because suffering a damage is distinct from being dealt a damage card, so ablative plating won't ever trigger.

That is very pertinent. Or would be, if anyone took Ablative Plating. :) 

My 6-TIE/sa swarm is very interested in Concussion Bombs.

Agile Bomber x 18+ charges + 6x 2-primaries can really bring the pain even without reload. Just have to watch out once you start dropping them. Nothing like a good old-fashioned carpet-bombing. You wanna chase me? GOOD LUCK!

Pity I haven't bought into Separatists. Also don't see myself spending $120 on 6 HMP gunships just for the upgrades... I'll wait.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

1 hour ago, Boreas Mun said:

So if Kalani is 5 points, you can have 5xPAA+CS  and FOA with Kalani for 200 points.

Kalani's not going to be 5 points - more likely 7, given the power that HMPs get from friendly locks (as per ship ability).

1 hour ago, Gupa-nupa said:

How many of these are reasonable to purchase?? I feel like 2 is good to start.

Two's my plan. 

Those responses aside, I'm looking forward to this new craziness for Seps - with some bonus content for IGs and other heavy gunships in Scum, to boot.  Each of these is going to feed a different strategy.

Which of the named ones do you think will be the Kalani-carrier?  My money's on DGS-047.

4 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

My 6-TIE/sa swarm is very interested in Concussion Bombs.

Agile Bomber x 18+ charges + 6x 2-primaries can really bring the pain even without reload. Just have to watch out once you start dropping them. Nothing like a good old-fashioned carpet-bombing. You wanna chase me? GOOD LUCK!

Pity I haven't bought into Separatists. Also don't see myself spending $120 on 6 HMP gunships just for the upgrades... I'll wait.

Interesting addition to this, that will give your bomber list a three turn non-engage sequence. Effectively buying you the same strike and fade that high mobility gets you to shoot for a win at time with a high alpha. Or at least three whole turns to get back to a joust position if you can.

6 minutes ago, feltipern1 said:

Kalani's not going to be 5 points - more likely 7, given the power that HMPs get from friendly locks (as per ship ability).

If it's 7, you just drop a single Crack Shot. Or if an HMP is cheaper than 35 that works, as well. I'm hoping for 10 points.

Edited by 5050Saint

2 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

Interesting addition to this, that will give your bomber list a three turn non-engage sequence. Effectively buying you the same strike and fade that high mobility gets you to shoot for a win at time with a high alpha. Or at least three whole turns to get back to a joust position if you can.

With a list like this I'm almost tempted to just K-Turn into the enemy's face and dare them to chase :P

6 Proton Bombers was the first list I flew in 2.0 and it's still among my favorites. Now it fits with delayed fuses so maybe if Concussion Bombs is 6 it'll still fit.

Also what about fusing your concussion bombs to avoid self-damage? Interesting idea...

Edited by ClassicalMoser

25 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Even more fun: Ablative plating doesn't protect you at all if the article is to be believed because suffering a damage is distinct from being dealt a damage card, so ablative plating won't ever trigger.

So like FFG smh.

Here's a card to help your bomber list! Also, here's a card to help your bomber list that doesn't interact with the other card to help your bomber list! Yay! Right!?

Edited by ForceSensitive

3 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Yeh isn't likely to work tho because then they just wait till your bombs run out and then say "OK sounds swell"

You still bought 6 turns against the clock.

The weird part is obce your run is spent, for however long you keep it up, he second you reload after that you can start another bomb spree on a turn by turn basis.

Should we assume these will be like the Hyena, and each pilot will have varied upgrade slots?

Also, I seem to remember hearing at some point if you dial in say a 2 bank left for a sideslip, you would place the template on the right side of the ship to execute it, but I cannot remember where I heard/found that. It wasn't during the HMP segment on the Gencon stream, I just checked that.

The good: Kalani, ship chassis itself, synced cannons. I really like how it’s a unique chassis with the side slip shenanigans, even if I’m not really a droid player. I’m super happy with the new double cannon for IG88 and for the tie brute (look at the GenCon spreads again and it looks like the brute comes with one too).

The bad: concussion bomb. That thing is 1.0 ugly, and I hate that it’s there. I love the thematic carpet bombing must keyword but I hate the effect. Would rather it be 1 dmg not 1 card bypassing shields.