Jarval

Rule the Skies - HMP Droid Gunship preview up

I'm a little afraid about the concussion bomb but will be useful against swarm and formation.

DGS-286 is my favorite pilote and the new canon is cool but saddly the gunboat can't have...

Onderon and Geonosian are cool too !

Edited by Arkanta974

Synced Cannons could be good on B-Wings, though they'd be paying to never use the calculate ability. 

Surprised that Concussion Bombs deal a facedown. A-Wings, etc. only have 2 hull under shields, but I guess most shielded ships have more hull than that. Seems risky bc once you drop one, you drop them all the next 2 turns (unless you immediately reload the first one you drop).

But yeah, looks pretty cool overall!

7 minutes ago, HanScottFirst said:

Synced Cannons could be good on B-Wings, though they'd be paying to never use the calculate ability. 

If you're willing to pony up the points for passive sensors that sweet calculate can be all yours. 

Edited by Pa Weasley
Republic on the brain

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Concussion Bombs look like some 1e bullshirt.

The perk of the effects of all of the devices being the rules reference is that it's really easy for them to errata the effects of bombs if they become an issue.  I'm also a bit wary about damage under shields, but at least it'll be simple to change if it proves too much.

2 minutes ago, Pa Weasley said:

If you're willing to pony up the points for passive sensors that sweet calculate can be all yours. 

Probably more for the 3-dice double-tap than the anti-defensive-dice effect.

Anyhow, while I don't like that a vanilla 3-dice cannon like this exists, I'm glad that since it does, it's a 2-slotter.

7 minutes ago, HanScottFirst said:

K-2SO crew maybe can help? Passive Sensors can do it, but that doesn't sound good.

The new TIE/rb will get some mileage out of these cannons.

4 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I'm not even certain what to think since you must keep bombing unless you reload.

8 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I hope I hope I hope that they mean it does one damage to all units at range 0-1 and if they have a facedown damage card the choice must be made.  Otherwise yeah, that's some first edition bullshirt. 

2 minutes ago, Pa Weasley said:

I hope I hope I hope that they mean it does one damage to all units at range 0-1 and if they have a facedown damage card the choice must be made.  Otherwise yeah, that's some first edition bullshirt. 

Here's the line in the article:  "When this device detonates, each ship and remote at range 0–1 is dealt a facedown damage card. Then, each ship at range 0–1 must expose a damage card unless it gains a strain token."

5 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

I'm not even certain what to think since you must keep bombing unless you reload.

I should add: the "once you start, you can't stop" part is really cool.  I just wish the detonation effect was... rational.

4 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Probably more for the 3-dice double-tap than the anti-defensive-dice effect.

Anyhow, while I don't like that a vanilla 3-dice cannon like this exists, I'm glad that since it does, it's a 2-slotter.

I had forgotten that the B-Wing config existed. 

The cannon does have one other drawback, which is that you can't use it at range 1.

Just now, NoobMaster70 said:

Maybe you could do something with Maul and Tractor Cannon?

Maul is too expensive to waste an attack on a tractor beam.

I am really hoping Concussion bombs are expensive. Just two HMP's (or any bomber) with Concussion bombs can spread out a huge area of potential damage. 

Edited by Jo Jo

10 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

Geo Ossian Prototype would be a neat idea... if Ensnare didn’t start at 21 points.

With this gunship, there are now cannons that can give out tractors aside from the Scimitar. If you have put multipe tractors onto an enemy small base, you can spend the token for rerolls, and still have their agility reduced. Honestly you'll probably get more mileage out of the Networked rerolls than the tractor spend, though.

5 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

So when does my beloved empire get the synced laser cannon and multi-missile pods?

hopefully the brute can take two cannons.

With the Brute. The Synced cannons are in the TIE/rb spread, and that ship can calculate.

4 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

I am really hoping Concussion bombs are expensive.

They better be, they have 3 charge which is more than any other bomb (until thermal detonators comes out with the V-Wing).

Edited by 5050Saint

1 minute ago, Jo Jo said:

I am really hoping Concussion bombs are expensive. Just two HMP's with Concussion bombs can spread out a huge area of potential damage. 

I'm less concerned about HMPs with Cluster Bombs than I am about ships like Bombardment Drones, Emon, Deathrain and K-Wings.

27 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

So when does my beloved empire get the synced laser cannon and multi-missile pods?

cannons in the brute. what could you possibly need MMP for?

HMPs would maybe pay 3 points for it and they don't need locks or a passive sensors tax.