Sign in to follow this  
StriderZessei

Post-update FO. What are people flying now?

Hyperspace FO Lists I have messed with: 

• Kylo Torps + 4 FO 
  • Kylo France Rivas FO FO 
  • Kylo Vonreg/Holo + 2 FO 
  • Kylo Ba Ba Ba 
  • Vonreg France Scorch Longshot Rivas (3-4 PT)  
  • Ba Ba Ba Ba Rivas (4x PT) 
  • Holo France FO FO FO FO 
  • Holo FO FO FO SF SF 
  • Vonreg Holo + 3 

All of them except 1 or 2 have worked pretty well. Favorite of the above options was 4 Ba Rivas and Vonreg France Scorch Longshot Rivas, not necessarily in terms of power level just in terms of enjoyment. At this stage I am sorta in a holding pattern until the Xi releases. Once we get Xi Shuttle there will be a bunch of neat new options between Hask, Malarus, and i2 + T-Rex. ATP also is a pretty big deal if it ends up to cheap. Makes the Tie FOs in particular feel like mini force users. 

Not sure what is worth considering for Extended. 

Edited by Boom Owl

Kylo + 3 Provocateurs seems to be popular.

On the other hand, people like Vonreg + 3 Sienars.

Vonreg, Holo, LeHuse, and Rivas seems like it could have legs and be pretty fun.

I'm a huge fan of 4 Provocs with Proud Tradition and Rivas.  Against i1 and i2 swarms, you get to move last with four double-repo aces.  Against triple ace lists, you get ships that can survive an ace harrying them while they block and kill another.  It has a lot of interesting, not obvious choices during play, when you look at all your action and debuff choices.

I haven't tried it against six Nantex yet, but if I was going to play in a big Hyperspace event, I'd consider this list.

46 minutes ago, pheaver said:

I'm a huge fan of 4 Provocs with Proud Tradition and Rivas.  Against i1 and i2 swarms, you get to move last with four double-repo aces.  Against triple ace lists, you get ships that can survive an ace harrying them while they block and kill another.  It has a lot of interesting, not obvious choices during play, when you look at all your action and debuff choices.

I haven't tried it against six Nantex yet, but if I was going to play in a big Hyperspace event, I'd consider this list.

From the couple games I have played I like the 4x PT Rivas version. Lets you keep consistent pressure on targets (even Boba who isnt stoked about that many 3 dice modded shots). The barons are also pretty happy when you can set up a lock on prior turns or save one for future turns. Opens up roll focus options or just strainless/depleteless moments.

PT sloops + 5 k turns paired with initial killbox set up let these things stay on target most of the game. And Rivas is just out there doing Rivas things which are typically nicely impactful.

Edited by Boom Owl

3 hours ago, pheaver said:

big Hyperspace event

Fs in the chat

edit I realized this is not the krayt thread and therefore I should provide some content

I've been enjoying my old lists and a couple new ones

[A tier] Kylo(protorps) + Scorch + Epsilon(x3)
[B tier] Kylo + Holo(proud) + Blackout(fanatic)
[B tier] Blackout(fanatic) + TIE/SF(gunner)(x2) + Epsilon(x2)
[A tier] Kylo + TIE/SF(gunner)(x3)

Edited by Kyle Ren

6 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Hyperspace FO Lists I have messed with: 

• Kylo Torps + 4 FO 
  • Kylo France Rivas FO FO 
  • Kylo Vonreg/Holo + 2 FO 
  • Kylo Ba Ba Ba 
  • Vonreg France Scorch Longshot Rivas (3-4 PT)  
  • Ba Ba Ba Ba Rivas (4x PT) 
  • Holo France FO FO FO FO 
  • Holo FO FO FO SF SF 
  • Vonreg Holo + 3 

All of them except 1 or 2 have worked pretty well. Favorite of the above options was 4 Ba Rivas and Vonreg France Scorch Longshot Rivas, not necessarily in terms of power level just in terms of enjoyment. At this stage I am sorta in a holding pattern until the Xi releases. Once we get Xi Shuttle there will be a bunch of neat new options between Hask, Malarus, and i2 + T-Rex. ATP also is a pretty big deal if it ends up to cheap. Makes the Tie FOs in particular feel like mini force users. 

Not sure what is worth considering for Extended. 

The HFIL is France? 

Edited by StriderZessei

2 hours ago, pheaver said:

I'm not sure I see the value in Rivas' ability. 

Pre update I had some fun with Peoud Holo+4x zeta survivor SF with optics.

since the points update that’s evolved into this FO salad:

Holo and the bulk order ties

(32) Zeta Squadron Survivor [TIE/sf Fighter]

(32) Zeta Squadron Survivor [TIE/sf Fighter]

(33) "Scorch" [TIE/fo Fighter]

(53) "Holo" [TIE/ba Interceptor]
(2) Proud Tradition

(48) Sienar-Jaemus Engineer [TIE/vn Silencer]

Total points: 200

13 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

I guess, even if it is just a 2-dice gun. 

Who may be at range 1 every so often For 3

basically if you don’t need a 2 point bid then why not, 

Aces

(76) Kylo Ren [TIE/vn Silencer]
(5) Adv. Proton Torpedoes

(47) "Quickdraw" [TIE/sf Fighter]
(9) Special Forces Gunner

(55) Major Vonreg [TIE/ba Interceptor]
(2) Daredevil

Total points: 194

Triple Silencers:

(47) "Quickdraw" [TIE/sf Fighter]
(9) Special Forces Gunner

Total points: 200

I've made an effort the last couple weeks to run the upsilon.  I spent the first half of the year playing hyperspace and with the xi inbound I am not sure how often I will use it.

TIE/fo Fighter - •“Muse” - 32
    •“Muse” - Epsilon Leader (30)
        Proud Tradition (2)

TIE/fo Fighter - Omega Squadron Ace - 30
    Omega Squadron Ace - (28)
        Proud Tradition (2)

TIE/fo Fighter - Omega Squadron Ace - 30
    Omega Squadron Ace - (28)
        Proud Tradition (2)

TIE/sf Fighter - •“Backdraft” - 45
    •“Backdraft” - Fiery Fanatic (39)
        Proud Tradition (2)
        Advanced Optics (4)

Upsilon-class Shuttle - •Petty Officer Thanisson - 59
    •Petty Officer Thanisson - Alert Flight Controller (59)

Total: 196/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

This is not a good list but when you stress backdraft, focus,  and then tractor him to rotate and get a shot out the rear arc that your opponent didn't expect, it's fun.  

I cant wait to see what the Xi will do for FO salad.  

On 9/4/2020 at 3:54 PM, StriderZessei said:

I'm not sure I see the value in Rivas' ability. 

The Provocs tend to take a decent number of target lock actions, which get Rivas a free lock.  This helps his 2-die gun be useful.  He's also often ignored (because the provocs have bigger guns and are worth actual points), so can often get to range 1 and double mod an attack.  Rivas gets kills way more often than he should.  If you're interested, I have a few vassal games on list juggler's vassal league where I play the list.  I think I went 2-1 with it.

I won't put fewer than 5 ships on the table. I made cut at Corellia with DD Vonreg, DD Holo, Fanatical Scorch, Rivas, and an Epsilon. I like the list a lot, but I'm not sure it has legs vs. spamtex.

All the Dathomir cut lists had Holo. I think Holo may be the most efficient ship in faction right now, so maybe start there and season to taste.

As an aside, I really liked Provacateurs prior to the points change as some of the cheapest heavy hitters in the faction with just that chassis ability. The points drop should make them even more exciting, but that I3 and 4hp means they get eaten alive by Nantex ships that cost 7-9 points cheaper, and that feels awful.

I’ve been using this for Hyperspace:

Major/Holo/Ren

(2) Daredevil

(2) Proud Tradition

(4) Advanced Optics

Total points: 192

Currently I’m 5-2 between practise games and store tournaments.

For extended, I’m using this:

Major/Holo/SenseRen

(2) Daredevil

(2) Proud Tradition
(5) Pattern Analyzer

(5) Sense

Total points: 198

Trading most of the bid and Optics on Kylo for Sense, to help with those moving after you. I’m currently 9-2, with 9 of those games being in store tournaments, winning two of them.

I haven’t played against nantexes so I can’t be sure if the list has enough legs...

Holo has quickly became one of my favorite pilots in the game. Ran in either a 5 ship where the other 4 are a bit higher quality or run a 6 ship where it's generic efficiency. Holo should ALWAYS have Proud Tradition. 

Side note, I think Scorch is terrible. Time on target is really bad and I get way more mileage from Longshot with Proud Tradition for the same price.

1 hour ago, RStan said:

Holo has quickly became one of my favorite pilots in the game. Ran in either a 5 ship where the other 4 are a bit higher quality or run a 6 ship where it's generic efficiency. Holo should ALWAYS have Proud Tradition. 

Side note, I think Scorch is terrible. Time on target is really bad and I get way more mileage from Longshot with Proud Tradition for the same price.

Both the named BAs are a blast. The flexibility that Holo offers is pretty sweet. First engage tossing an evade or focus to something if your out of combat is useful. Not something I chase as an engagement strategy, just something that the board state sometimes makes relevant. The real kicker I find is giving blocked or stressed things a focus while Holo disengages after initial shot(s). He is like a super angry situational Jake Farrell, other times he just cosplays as a proper ace. I do think alot of players tend to over-complicate how to use Holo as well. There is no need to spend to much energy trying to "prevent" having to dish a Strain or Deplete to something. He just engages loosely with the rest of your list ideally protected by a screen on the edges of the killzones with his 5ks/Sloops open or a disengage options open. He does not like to reposition alot and typically doesn't need to unless to disengage thanks to hard 1 turns, sloops, and 5ks keeping stuff in arc pretty easy. 

As far as Scorch I still sometimes bring him along for the ride provided I already have Longshot with PT and Rivas in the list (though I would not generally recommend everyone do this, I am just a fan of Jad Bean the character). If I can get 2-3 shots with Scorch with 1 from R1 he tends to do what I ask of him, which isn't much more than I would ask of an i3 Omega Ace with PT or a Zeta Survivor to a certain extent. You just get the offensive threat earlier rather than over the long haul. Occasionally completing an init kill is useful and the threat of a R1 Scorch 4 dice shots seems to change opponent target priority in weird ways, not sure why. He does spend a good amount of time without mods though, is predictable to block, and very dependent on good lane setup which pushes him firmly into Named Torrent range of feels bad man. 

Edited by Boom Owl

1 hour ago, RStan said:

Let me preface this with the disclaimer that I have played a lot of Scorch and quite possibly have blinders on.

Scorch does not do formation flying well. He's an obvious first target and if he survives past the disengage, he's the only ship that can't K-turn or sloop to get back in the thick of it.

That said, Scorch is probably the best distraction flanker in the faction. If you run Scorch up a board edge by himself, your opponent is likely loathe to turn into him and his meager 33 points. This usually leads to Scorch being able to put firepower into the enemy squad unbothered for at least 2-3 turns before the big turn in. On average, I get about 5-6 Scorch shots per game this way. Scorch usually has to perform a turnaround once per game to get back into the fight.

Sometimes, I almost forget that Scorch is a Tie FO, which I think is a good mindset to use him effectively. He's more akin to a Lambda, lumbering forward clumsily but throwing dice that can't be ignored.

Edited by hargleblarg
spelling