theBitterFig

Concentrate Your Fire - LAAT Preview

7 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

7B should never see Hyperspace again

I wouldn't mind seeing 7B come back, but only if the only pilots were Jedi Knights, Ahsoka, Barris, Lumi, and Saesee.  No Mace, Plo, Obi, or Ani.

58 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

Upon further review, Aayla gets even better. Unlike Bariss or Lumi, she does not need to spend a force token to alter results. Not a bad ability considering you'll be taking her for Focus > Coordinate. She'd like Vonreg: you're buying something else with your points while the bullseye ability is incidental and a bonus if it triggers.

One thing which is nice: just point your bullseye down the lane. An enemy ace has to reposition, or be unable to push damage.

Edited by theBitterFig

21 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I wouldn't mind seeing 7B come back, but only if the only pilots were Jedi Knights, Ahsoka, Barris, Lumi, and Saesee.  No Mace, Plo, Obi, or Ani.

I'd be fine with this as well-CLT feels a lot more wholesome than 7B. That being said, I don't think I've seen much use of 7B on those pilots (or much of those pilots other than Snips) so it might be interesting to see how more durable mid-init Jedi would be. Probably not an absolute menace but not bad either.

25 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I’m not sure it should, the platform plus the Force push the ship in a direction I don’t like, and in that there are now going to be multiple crew force carriers that can either assist or replenish the force for others; 

as an example Ahsoka is 59 points currently w/7B w/ one of the best abilities that most likely will still be less than Actis Anakin I just think with Jedi either CLT or the Actis is the way to go. Line up the bullseye or roll 2 dice they have inifinte Force basically.

(this is coming from an almost exclusive Republic Ace Jedi player)

45 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

They'll have to be the Actis version-it's nowhere close to fitting with double Delta-7b (I tried it with palp and a generic ARC and it was probably ~20 points over? post-nerf delta-7b on ani is a trip) and probably doesn't have enough teeth with CLT. That being said, the Actis looks like an absolute beast so I'm not worried, and it's a good bit more maneuverable than the Delta-7 anyway.

Do you guys think actis pilots will have force power and talent? There is a talent in the pack and that would be really nuts, just imagine predator Anakin. All passive mods 😃

9 minutes ago, xanatos135 said:

Do you guys think actis pilots will have force power and talent? There is a talent in the pack and that would be really nuts, just imagine predator Anakin. All passive mods 😃

Definitely Force. It enhances the risk/reward of the platform (no shields, force management etc)

2 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

Definitely Force. It enhances the risk/reward of the platform (no shields, force management etc)

Yes, force power for sure, since you get patience in the pack. But you also get the talent marg sabl closure so... Unless the pilots have both talent and force... I don't see any other reason that's in the pack. 

Just now, xanatos135 said:

Yes, force power for sure, since you get patience in the pack. But you also get the talent marg sabl closure so... Unless the pilots have both talent and force... I don't see any other reason that's in the pack. 

Well, they put afterburners in the Fang pack with no mod slot. I expect it's for an Anakin quickbuild card. That or some kind of funky rule where he has a talent and force power but can only take Marg Sabl Closure as a talent, perhaps a la characters having required warlord traits in 40k.

5 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

Well, they put afterburners in the Fang pack with no mod slot. I expect it's for an Anakin quickbuild card. That or some kind of funky rule where he has a talent and force power but can only take Marg Sabl Closure as a talent, perhaps a la characters having required warlord traits in 40k.

Ouch, I didn't think in the quickbuild possibility, what a pity, I was getting excited with this xD

1 hour ago, Cgriffith said:

I’m not sure it should, the platform plus the Force push the ship in a direction I don’t like, and in that there are now going to be multiple crew force carriers that can either assist or replenish the force for others; 

as an example Ahsoka is 59 points currently w/7B w/ one of the best abilities that most likely will still be less than Actis Anakin I just think with Jedi either CLT or the Actis is the way to go. Line up the bullseye or roll 2 dice they have inifinte Force basically.

(this is coming from an almost exclusive Republic Ace Jedi player)

I just feel like Init 3-4 is a pretty safe place for these sorts of fighters.

Like, aces with actual initiative?  Only in the Actis.  Want a mid-init bruiser?  7B Aethersprite.  Heck, I'd even ditch CLT for that season, to encourage Actis.  That's a big thing: I want folks to feel like Actis and Aethersprite fill different roles within the squad.

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

So you put Secura on Odd Ball ARC, and you ignore the text on both most of the time.

Once in a rare while, you get a nice free lunch.

I mean, he is a cheap Init 5... supporting Obi and Plo or Ric... seems OK.

7 hours ago, Npmartian said:

I think this is interesting as Palp didn't have a great carrier so far in Republic. If you can fit Ani and Obi (or Plo, Mace, or someone else) in either the Aethersprite or Actis alongside a Palp gunship we could have a 1e Palp aces-esque list (in composition at least) that could be really interesting. Maybe not good, but certainly interesting, and the LAAT will provide more useful fire support than a Lambda did.

6 hours ago, Cgriffith said:

I think that LAAT + Obi-Wan & Anakin will definitely fit. It’ll depend (bid wise) on what you use upgrade/crew wise on what the make up of the list looks like. (R2/D2 on an Actis, Patience, do you add Yoda/Palp) etc.

edited I’m referring to the Actis (I believe the Aethersprite will be banned from Hyperspace when they arrive)

To be clear, my Palp Aces ref was fairly loose, but obviously 2 aces, 1 cow with a power card. The LAAT has strong cow tendencies. 

I'm not really thinking Palp.

I'm thinking 2 Actis is too light.

One of your 2 aces certainly has to be cheaper. Possibly neither needs to be Anakin. The LAAT may be able to bring better time on target and chuck a few different sets of dice around. With a cool card or 2, maybe it can have enough impact.

Quite possibly, you take cheap Ani as fake Soontir.

There's too much new for me to be able to figure out what anything will actually do, but it's a fun, if aimless, ponder. HOWEVER, if the Reps can achieve greatness with the archetype, it likely does not belong in Hyperspace.

Edited by Cuz05

59 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

He's one of the few clone pilots that we know flew a LAAT. He was specifically called out by name in one of the episodes where Ahsoka was getting framed.

They gotta save something for the the next Hotshots and Aces pack. 

17 hours ago, Pa Weasley said:

They gotta save something for the the next Hotshots and Aces pack. 

I kinda want them to do him for a bunch of ships so we can call that one Hotshots and Oddball's. V-wing gets Oddball, LAAT gets Oddball, N-1 gets Oddball. Everything gets Oddball!

Edited by Hippie Moosen

5 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

So you put Secura on Odd Ball ARC, and you ignore the text on both most of the time.

I think Kit is a better choice for going on an Odd Ball ARC. If you line up the bullseye you focus. Then use Kit for the red evade action and a free target lock. Then you have full mods on offense and full mods on defense. If you miss the bullseye you still have the force token. The trouble with Odd Ball for me is always coming up with the appropriate red trigger for the lock. Taking a stress and missing the arc and thus the lock is sub-optimal. Kit will let him take the stress only when he is assured the lock. Kit and the various Odd Balls might become best buds. Depending of course on the points.

6 hours ago, Frimmel said:

I think Kit is a better choice for going on an Odd Ball ARC. If you line up the bullseye you focus. Then use Kit for the red evade action and a free target lock. Then you have full mods on offense and full mods on defense. If you miss the bullseye you still have the force token. The trouble with Odd Ball for me is always coming up with the appropriate red trigger for the lock. Taking a stress and missing the arc and thus the lock is sub-optimal. Kit will let him take the stress only when he is assured the lock. Kit and the various Odd Balls might become best buds. Depending of course on the points.

I was struggling to see the value in Kit. Force is far better than an evade on the carrier and R0-1 of said carrier is generally not a great place to park your 3ag ace. Worth spending a force to chuck an evade at your Y/ARC/LAAT wingmate? Nuh. 

But Oddball.... yeah, that's neat. Other side is that if he needs to roll for bullseye, he now has forcelock.

Expert Handling is overspend territory, but white roll, evade, lock might be a nice option to add.

Just... depends... on... cost.

15 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I think Wolffe with Secura will be really good. You have double mods for offense with a focus and Wolffe's ability plus you give an extra action to a friend. Maybe... 64 points or so for the pack? I think it's a really useful ship. 

23 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I was thinking of putting her on Wollfe for both high dps and coordinate. Oddball ARC is better than most give him credit for, but without Kit giving free red evades, that loadout will not be as hard hitting. Is it for the I5 coordinate then?

7 hours ago, xanatos135 said:

And just another good use for Aalya: Put her in any Laat with barrage rockets

I just hope barrage rockets makes it into this pack. In the spread from the wave announcement I do recall that new double missile upgrade being present, so it's probably safe to assume the LAAT has two missile slots, but I don't think BR was visible. It would be really nice to have at least one copy of it in there.