theBitterFig

Concentrate Your Fire - LAAT Preview

Suppressive gunner may be the push that rebel attack neutering needs for some sort of disgusting Kanan/Fenn wackiness.

These are gonna be really key for making non-jedi republic work. Suddenly your generic Y's and Torrents have really accurate fire and can't be init killed.

Put a shirt on, Kit! Quit showing off those pecks.

I know it was said way back when, but Aayla's focus linked coordinate seems really good.

Suppressive Gunner + Hot Shot Gunner + Paige Tico pilot = super neutered incoming fire.

Warthog is Fel's Wrath for everyone!

Edited by 5050Saint

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

If it fits (probably won't) Warthog and 3 7B Jedi Knights would be a sweet list.  All the dice mods plus immunity to being Init Killed.

Warthog seems like he'd be really good in any of the I3 salads that Republic as access to. Warthog, Snips, and some Squad Seven Veterans with our various new crew and gunners seems promising.

1 minute ago, Frimmel said:

I think Rex, Suppressive Gunner, and Wolfpack all look like interesting options for ARC-170s. 

Aayla really tempts me, too.  Focus + Coordinate on a generic (104th or SSV with Dedicated) or Wollfe seems solid, almost like a ST-321 shuttle, or Sai. You're there to coordinate, but you still get a lot of power for yourself.

1 minute ago, 5050Saint said:

Suppressive Gunner + Hot Shot Gunner + Paige Tico pilot = super neutered incoming fire.

Or Suppressive Gunner and Veteran Turret Gunner on any MG-100... that's potentially two deplete tokens, or two "bonus" damage.

2 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

Warthog seems like he'd be really good in any of the I3 salads that Republic as access to. Warthog, Snips, and some Squad Seven Veterans with our various new crew and gunners seems promising.

Warthog is non-limited, so Snips might not be the best fit.

R2D2 will be a great crew carrier for these Jedi and support gunners. With Ghost Company he can double tap with focus mods on each, or he can coordinate and have focus and calculate with Aayla. With 8 health and plated hull, it'll take a while to bring him down. Or Wolfpack and a turret can give most ships free target locks.

1 minute ago, theBitterFig said:

Warthog is non-limited, so Snips might not be the best fit.

I just tend to think all of my Republic lists need Snips. Warthog is the most interesting pilot to me because I fly a bunch of entirely I3 Republic lists. Dropping Broadside of Snips for non-limited might be okay with Fire Convergence and Rex. Especially if they get a zombie shot. 

6 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Ghost Company is really interesting to me.  In a vacuum, a strictly-better Bistan.  In context of a faction with only 2-dice or Ion turrets, significantly worse.

It goes on an ARC.

EDIT: Wait, it's turret attacks only nvm. Hmm, maybe it gets two gunner slots and you could add a HSG or suppressive gunner? That gets gross fast though.

I really like this expansion. Ship ability is really cool but crucially it's not spammable; You can't just put out 4 LAATs and get rerolls for days. I doubt many lists will want more than one of these.

Suppressive Gunner is very interesting and will finally give the Striker, Bomber, Aggressor, and half the rebel and scum ships an interesting option. Seems like it could get kind of NPE if spammed at high-initiative though. Quickdraw is getting lots of new toys from this wave.

Rex for high-initiative and Fives for low-initiative is kinda cool. Pushing down on the orange is nice, though it's a little too easy just to stick him on an I2 and just laugh at everyone.

Secura looks crazy strong and seems like she'll have to be Vader prices. this is the first linked coordinate in a non-huge ship if I'm remembering correctly, plus the passive ability doesn't require spending force (though the bullseye will be rare enough).

Deadeye Shot will hopefully be pretty cheap. Maybe Marksmanship and Deadeye Shot make a neat combo for A-Wings? Free critflip if you get a bullseye. Then again, if they're damaged you might as well just use the crit anyway so kind of hard to see the use here...

Edited by ClassicalMoser