KaLeu

Xi Class Shuttle article

35 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

Neither player was attempting to advance the game state. It wasn't just the Scum player, but the Imperial player, as well. 

If one player is stalling, the other player typically chooses between stalling in return or accepting a horrible engage. 
IMG_2287.JPG

If someone opens like this, first edition used for emphasis, it doesn't redeem the strategy if the opponent correctly identifies the situation and chooses not to be the one person to play the game. 

Xi is a mediocre platform that could be good if prices cheaply.

Pyre is awful and will never see play unless he’s like Tobias Beckett money.

I think Illicits in FO are fun for deck building and flavorwise it’s a nice rub on where the First Order thugs come from.  They inherit the broken remnants of the Empire we see in The Mandalorian who are little more than a criminal gang in white pants.

Scum has one if the deepest rosters of viable pilots and rewards creative list building.

Stalling your opening to avoid combat is legal.  It sucks and I’d prefer it wasn’t, but it is.

I like Malarus pilot and Terex crew, don’t rate Hask, Terex pilot will be janky fun and nobody should be upset at players being able to build janky fun lists.

Edited by Stay OT Leader

1 minute ago, svelok said:

If one player is stalling, the other player typically chooses between stalling in return or accepting a horrible engage. 
IMG_2287.JPG

If someone opens like this, first edition used for emphasis, it doesn't redeem the strategy if the opponent correctly identifies the situation and chooses not to be the one person to play the game. 

If somebody opens like that in 2nd Ed and lets that situation continue they forfeit the game per the fortressing rules.

16 minutes ago, reqent said:

I think Hux is one crew card that will really benefit from the xi.  I expect to see a courier w/hux and 3 SJE's or 2 SJE's and rush if there is room.  You could replace the silencers with ordinance carrying or gunner sf's.  

Honestly, I don't think it'll work well enough with SJE.  Hux-granted actions are red which locks the SJE out of their Autothrusters.  Sure, you could pre-focus, then move and lock, but it'll be really hard to use repeatedly, since you won't be able to use your reposition.

Depending on price, HuxXi and TIE/sfs is also going to be rough, because the Xi contributes no real offense, and Hux has an extra 6 point tax on a Xi, since you need to use a White coordinate, so you'd also have to purchase Tactical Officer. 4 SFs plus a HuxXi is almost surely not going to fit with a useful TIE/sf loadout.  Hrm... maybe Hask with Hux plus 4 Optics SFs... anyhow, I'm bear-ish on HuxXi.

Edited by theBitterFig

12 minutes ago, reqent said:

I think Hux is one crew card that will really benefit from the xi.  I expect to see a courier w/hux and 3 SJE's or 2 SJE's and rush if there is room.  You could replace the silencers with ordinance carrying or gunner sf's.  

Hux has been begging for a cheap ride for a while now, and 3 coordinates for one action (even if it's red actions on the targets) is kinda fantastic economy.  The Xi will require tactical officer to use him though, so that's all the crew slots and 12 points, but IMO it'll pay off if the Xi is priced reasonably. (edit: ninja'd by theBitterFig.  I imagine fielding him with TIE/sfs pack'n missiles, as he recommends.  IMO the action economy could be worth trading out the 4th SF)

And depending on points left over, you might be able to field a named xi pilot for some extra support effects.

IMO Hux isn't the only crew that benefits, but ultimately we won't know until we have points and things shake out on the table.

Edited by Wazat
ninja'd by theBitterFig with a solid argument

5 minutes ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Pyre is awful and will never see play unless he’s like Tobias Beckett money.

One list I'm looking forward to pricing out is Malarus with 6 TIE/fo and maybe Pyre.  I don't really care about Turn 0 disruption, but at the right price, he might help keep Malarus alive, or prevent an opponent from taking linked actions to get at her, etc etc.

But then again... Pyre would probably just be less useful crew than, say, Phasma, and I don't figure I could afford Malarus + Phasma + Pyre + 6.

You talk like FFG is blissfully naive to what goes on in these forums on a daily basis.  😆

I'm told FFG doesn't come here to get feedback, at least not anymore.  I imagine they figured out forums are a cesspool of toxiticy long ago and they do their own independent research to see how products are really being received.  If they did visit any time recently they'd see much worse than a thread that rambles for a few pages about another faction.

It-Could-Have-Been-Worse-Samuel-L.-Jacks

:P

@Wazat @Kleeg005 @5050Saint

I just listened to the latest sith taker episode, where they had Niklas as guest. He just won the latest sith taker open with Torkil, Torani, Jostero and a cartel marauder. It was a >100 people KO tournament. He took the almost same list to worlds top16 last year.

Just thought you guys might be interested.

51 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I just listened to the latest sith taker episode, where they had Niklas as guest. He just won the latest sith taker open with Torkil, Torani, Jostero and a cartel marauder. It was a >100 people KO tournament. He took the almost same list to worlds top16 last year.

I am. Let me know when you see it pop up on List Fortress. I do not see the Take the Sith Out on there yet.

On 9/2/2020 at 8:54 PM, GreenDragoon said:

@Wazat @Kleeg005 @5050Saint

Exact list please. Now.... as in 'right now'