KaLeu

Xi Class Shuttle article

29 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

That automated targeting priority!

e: waiting for rules lawyers to argue why any range can be the closest valid range lol

Range 0 is a valid range for Oicunn, so it must be valid for everyone else, there fore I mass and get a calc token. /s

It seems cautiously good, in anycase. A dialed back version of the 1st Edition Advanced Optics mixed in with First Edition Rey. I was going to suggest trying it with Midnight, but it I3 or lower. In other news, we have embraced initiative locking upgrades. Seems like a decent precedent to set.

Perfect Malarus (drugged out of her mind Malarus) on a Upsilon with Muse to shed stress might be an odd but powerful way to obliterate anything in your bullseye.

@Hoarder of Garlic Bread instead of Malarus pilot + Swarm, I like Hask + low init Swarm. ON initial apporach, everyones takes a strain after you have already been shot at, then clears then with their fairly blue dials, and closes for range 1 where they'll get 3 die naturally, then S-loop, lather, rinse, and repeat.

1 minute ago, 5050Saint said:

Range 0 is a valid range for Oicunn, so it must be valid for everyone else, there fore I mass and get a calc token. /s

It seems cautiously good, in anycase. A dialed back version of the 1st Edition Advanced Optics mixed in with First Edition Rey. I was going to suggest trying it with Midnight, but it I3 or lower. In other news, we have embraced initiative locking upgrades. Seems like a decent precedent to set.

Perfect Malarus (drugged out of her mind Malarus) on a Upsilon with Muse to shed stress might be an odd but powerful way to obliterate anything in your bullseye.

@Hoarder of Garlic Bread instead of Malarus pilot + Swarm, I like Hask + low init Swarm. ON initial apporach, everyones takes a strain after you have already been shot at, then clears then with their fairly blue dials, and closes for range 1 where they'll get 3 die naturally, then S-loop, lather, rinse, and repeat.

Gideon is probably better, but we already discussed that when the first article dropped in January. These are all the newly-revealed cards that I'm building combos with:

8 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

Good synergies from cards that were announced here that weren't previously announced: Combo #1

Everything is point dependent. Malarus triggers immediately, but Gideon has to wait until damage is dealt (so while better, he has to cook longer and significantly longer if the enemy has a high shield count).

Just now, PhantomFO said:

An interesting thing with Terex is how he'll be able to manipulate the value of his illicits. Inertial Dampeners would normally be a 6-point upgrade on an I6, but Quickdraw effectively pays 4 for it since he's getting it at an I3 price.

Maneuver phase-alpha, especially against enemy Soontir. Spicy.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DarthSempai said:

So, for Quickdraw and Inertial Dampener, would the ''Spend a shield'' count as losing a shield for her ability? I have a weird intuition that losing is not the same as spending, but I really could be wrong.

When you spend something, you lose it. So from legalese, spending a shield is a particular form of causing oneself to lose the shield. Spending a shield does not count as losing a shield, but the effect that spending a shield had caused is the losing a shield, which can trigger the ability. So technically no--albeit linking into the same thing--but for purposes of decision making: yes.

Sadly, the way the trigger tree would work would mean Quickdraw's attack would take place before she could utilize Proud Tradition. She can't use Pattern Analyzer because the stop maneuver is explicitly white.

If that one X-Wing that gains evade tokens for losing shields had the illicit slot, he could perform essentially the same trick to gain an evade after a stop.

Edited by Hoarder of Garlic Bread

Just now, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

When you spend something, you lose it. So from legalese, spending a shield is a particular form of causing oneself to lose the shield. Spending a shield does not count as losing a shield, but the effect that spending a shield had caused is the losing a shield, which can trigger the ability. So technically no--albeit linking into the same thing--but for purposes of decision making: yes.

tenor.gif?itemid=11786403

You know the Reliant in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan? How unlike Starfleet vessel before the warp nacelles are below the saucer? That came to be because a sketch of the ship submitted for approval was signed-off on "upside down." The nacelles were supposed to be above the saucer per normal. But the signature was "up" with the nacelles below the saucer. So they just decided to make the model with the same "up" as the signature. 

I think of that story every time I see this model. 

41 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Man, if Commander Malarus crew card doesn’t just epitomize the FO. 

Also, not looking forward to Pyre dumping stress on turn 0.

Yes  a kind of Howlrunner for the generic I1 First Order Tie  that already has 1 shield, a better dial, TL, and acces to tech for only 3 points more than a I1 Imperial Tie... yes somebody better get some good use out of this.  

Just now, Frimmel said:

You know the Reliant in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan? How unlike Starfleet vessel before the warp nacelles are below the saucer? That came to be because a sketch of the ship submitted for approval was signed-off on "upside down." The nacelles were supposed to be above the saucer per normal. But the signature was "up" with the nacelles below the saucer. So they just decided to make the model with the same "up" as the signature. 

I'm half-tempted to repaint one of my torrents and invert the peg so it looks like a mini-Xi-shuttle. After that, I'm probably going to get a Xi-shuttle, re-peg it, and paint it to look like a torrent.

3 minutes ago, Skitch_ said:

Apparently illicits were never part of the Scum identity for 2e. Scum truly is the faction without an identity.

They do everything just a little worse than everybody else except being punchy tanks at range 1.

2 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

I felt dumb writing it out and now I feel dumber with that reaction image. But according to the word salads of legalese, it does stand, right?

I'd need to do some rules reference research, and I'm kind of hoping someone else does it first.

3 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

While it would probably look pretty neat upside down, I wouldn't want to land it upsidedown with that huge fin.