Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
maya200

Barkham horror update incoming?

Recommended Posts

The upcoming page has barkham horror listed as a september release and 'last update' as august 28 was this an error or does this point to use getting news in a couple of days. I don't usually pay attention to such things so I'm not sure. Apologies if posted, I did search but didn't find anything recent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is listed as out of stock or sold out on FFG's store, which is interesting for something that hasn't even shipped yet.  I wonder if this is going to have a smaller-than-normal initial print? Glad I preordered it when I did!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maya200 said:

The upcoming page has barkham horror listed as a september release and 'last update' as august 28 was this an error or does this point to use getting news in a couple of days. I don't usually pay attention to such things so I'm not sure. Apologies if posted, I did search but didn't find anything recent

I believe it to be correct.  They finally gave it a release month.

It'll be at least 2 weeks away.  I've gotten "shipping soon" notifications last week (Marvel Champions: Red Skull) and the week before (Arkham Horror: Investigator Decks) but not 1 for that, so the 11th, 18th, or 25th.

1 hour ago, MGlas1 said:

It is listed as out of stock or sold out on FFG's store, which is interesting for something that hasn't even shipped yet.  I wonder if this is going to have a smaller-than-normal initial print? Glad I preordered it when I did!

I think it will be smaller than normal.  They only did it after their April Fool's Day article blew up.  I think they believe, as its cards "aren't compatible" with other products, that it won't sell as well as most things.  I believe the opposite, that it will serve as an excuse to get people to start playing and will see the highest sales of any stand-alone-scenario.  Perhaps that's wishful thinking on my part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2020 at 12:43 PM, Duciris said:

I think it will be smaller than normal.  They only did it after their April Fool's Day article blew up.  I think they believe, as its cards "aren't compatible" with other products, that it won't sell as well as most things.  I believe the opposite, that it will serve as an excuse to get people to start playing and will see the highest sales of any stand-alone-scenario.  Perhaps that's wishful thinking on my part.

They may be basing that on Magic's experience with the Un sets. Which besides Unstable did middling to poor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Norintha said:

They may be basing that on Magic's experience with the Un sets. Which besides Unstable did middling to poor. 

According to MaRo the sets did not do poor as they sold reasonably well it is just they overprinted it and so it appeared it sold poorly. With Unstable they lowered the print run and it essentially sold out and presumably made money so on paper it looked good. Sold out, made money. Supposedly enough that another Un set could be made in the future.

 

The difference between MTG Un sets and Barkham, however is that the Un sets have a built in driving demand in the land cycle so more packs are sold specifically for the lands then to actually play the sets. Most people play the sets opening week but it is not a long term thing. There is also the factor of get it while you can as at some point production will stop on the Un sets and then that will be it. Whatever is out there is out there and there won't be anymore. Barkham is just the opposite in that there is no 'chase' cards within the set to add to your collection either as strong cards or 'bling' cards so it is primarily focused on the playability of the product on its own which if it stays within the confines of the game mechanic should allow for it to be played as an Arkham product at any time and still give that same feeling that you are playing Arkham Horror LCG.

 

RM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...