Sign in to follow this  
Dwing

A case for the Tie Lancet

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

I was about to say "Isn't that already a Title card for the Bomber?"  But then I remembered that most of the Title cards don't exist in 2.0 anymore...

Yep, the title was lost. 

The only good thing is: we might get someday this model:

latest?cb=20190628222729

On 8/20/2020 at 4:26 AM, Odanan said:

Yes. It's ungainly, ugly and obscure even for Legends. 0% of chance to feature in the game.

The crazy fire arcs are cool, though.

On 8/20/2020 at 5:55 AM, Dwing said:

No chance at all? I agree its a long shot, but its fits in with the other atmospheric  canon ties in look and down the line they need ships for the Empire. 

On 8/20/2020 at 6:38 AM, Odanan said:

Nope.

The era of the strange Legends ships is over. Unless a ship is re-canonized by a film or TV show, it has no chance against the "invasion" of Sequel and Prequel shiny new toys.

On 8/21/2020 at 6:24 AM, Odanan said:

Disney will be pushing a lot of new content in the following years. The Mandalorian, Cassian Andor and who knows what other new series will certainly come with new ships (new toys!) for the Empire, the Rebels and Scum. Not to mention the comics and video game.

Resistance and First Order have (finally) lots of unreleased stuff in the Ep. IX.

There are at least 3 new iconic ships coming for Republic and 3 for the Seps. When these more obvious choices are done, FFG can dig into The Clone Wars obscure designs. Heck, this Project Luminous, if really fully developed by Disney, can bring new ships for the Republic or even whole 2 new factions (High Republic and Sith).

I don't want to crush your dreams, but forget the EU New Republic and Imperial Remnant. They are completely dead.

I am pretty sure we are not going to get anything as obscure as this when the list of ships that are canon that we don't have is a mile long. It doesn't help that the Lancet is only from a single video game.

Off hand I can think of a bunch of stuff (many due to my survey)

Imperial ship possibilities:

1. Droid TIE fighter / TIE Training drone (shown in star wars adventures and mentioned in Alphabet Squadron books, though they may just be normal TIEs with an AI)
  2. Delta-class T3c shuttle (Krennic's shuttle in Rogue One)
  3. TIE/D Elite (from Rebels)
  4. Outland TIE Fighter (the foldy wing TIE from the Mandalorian)
  5. TIE Scout (Kylo's hyperspace enabled TIE from tRoS)
  6. TIE Shuttle (seen in Ep V, a junior novelization and a couple other canon things)
  7. Nu-class shuttle (from Clone Wars, but also used in the Kanan comics, Thrawn comics and in Rebels)

and those are just ones I was quickly able to think of

13 minutes ago, Nsara said:

I am pretty sure we are not going to get anything as obscure as this when the list of ships that are canon that we don't have is a mile long. It doesn't help that the Lancet is only from a single video game.

Off hand I can think of a bunch of stuff (many due to my survey)

Imperial ship possibilities:

1. Droid TIE fighter / TIE Training drone (shown in star wars adventures and mentioned in Alphabet Squadron books, though they may just be normal TIEs with an AI)
  2. Delta-class T3c shuttle (Krennic's shuttle in Rogue One)
  3. TIE/D Elite (from Rebels)
  4. Outland TIE Fighter (the foldy wing TIE from the Mandalorian)
  5. TIE Scout (Kylo's hyperspace enabled TIE from tRoS)
  6. TIE Shuttle (seen in Ep V, a junior novelization and a couple other canon things)
  7. Nu-class shuttle (from Clone Wars, but also used in the Kanan comics, Thrawn comics and in Rebels)

and those are just ones I was quickly able to think of

1. So in gameplay terms basically a tie and designwise already has a ship.

2. I would love Krennics shuttle, but I think its to huge to ever get a normal release, maybe for epic.

3. Thats a Tie Defender? 

4.Outland Tie Fighter I can't really see them do anything with game wise if its just a normal tie but with folding wings.

5. Plothole tie ;)... and if it ever shows up, probably for First Order then.

6. Tie shuttle, we had thoose, they took it away. This one bums me out, I do hope we see it again.

7. The Nu shuttle, probably, but for the Republic.

I think there sis a place for the Tie Lancet in the Imperial medium sized big guns ship arsenal, but yes it might be to obscure. 

19 hours ago, Dwing said:

1. So in gameplay terms basically a tie and designwise already has a ship.

2. I would love Krennics shuttle, but I think its to huge to ever get a normal release, maybe for epic.

3. Thats a Tie Defender? 

4.Outland Tie Fighter I can't really see them do anything with game wise if its just a normal tie but with folding wings.

5. Plothole tie ;)... and if it ever shows up, probably for First Order then.

6. Tie shuttle, we had thoose, they took it away. This one bums me out, I do hope we see it again.

7. The Nu shuttle, probably, but for the Republic.

I think there sis a place for the Tie Lancet in the Imperial medium sized big guns ship arsenal, but yes it might be to obscure. 

Honestly with that latest announcement, the droid TIE kinda exists with automated targeting on the TIE/fo.

Krennic's shuttle is a bit bigger than the Lambda, mostly in height, but its not much bigger. The biggest issue to it being released is that we have the Reaper and the Lambda shuttle already. 

TIE Defender Elite is an even more powerful defender, which means it might end up being epic only due to powerlevel, but again, I am pretty sure we would see almost any of these before something as obscure as the Lancet, which is specifically an anti-ground ship.

Outland TIE/TIE Scout could be a shielded TIE with a better dial/a cool ability. Again, these are both canon, and people love the Mandalorian. I am pretty sure anything related to the Mandalorian is more likely to see print than Legends stuff from video games.

TIE Shuttle might come back at some point, but they need to do something like restrict the crew slot(s) to slightly less than Palpatine is worth at the very minimum.

Imperial Nu Shuttle will happen if we ever start seeing more cross faction stuff, but FFG are not sure if they want cross faction, even though many people are clamoring for it.

Posted (edited)

Krennic's shuttle could probably be like a "imperial upsilon" 

Like, the reaper is fast but squishier than the lambda, and the Krennic shuttle could be slower but tankier with a really big gun.

Sorta like a small-medium-large kinda deal

Edited by Roller of blanks

Posted (edited)

Fixed, in case anyone cares:

E1OnHAJ.jpg

UkwcR7b.jpg

TIE Shuttle might come back at some point, but they need to do something like restrict the crew slot(s) to slightly less than Palpatine is worth at the very minimum.

@NsaraIt was restricted even in 1.0.  You could not have crew over 3 points, IIRC.

Edited by Darth Meanie

The problem with the Lancet is that it feels too much like a specialized air-to-ground platform (I'm assuming the TIE Bomber's torp/missile capability was always a thing from the start, even if we never see it employed in the films;  I'm not the most knowledgeable about the early days of the EU).