xero989

AMM, Upgrade Updates I

Hello there, I am the wierd soul still using Vet. Captain in 2020. Why and how you ask?

A) I dont have any floats in my list cause Im a full CR90 + MC80L sato list

B) Being greedy with my nav. dails dont want to waste time tokening up before hand cause Im a gozanti pocket carrier.

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

Sorry, but Vet Captain had his time - and that time ended with Comms Net.

Maybe he's worth 1 pt now? Maybe.

He still works for Fleet commands. Bank a token turn one. Pop Vet Cap, Discard the card. 3 uses without Hondo. 

Hondo will lose stock now giving your opponents tokens is more sacrocant. 

Edited by Ginkapo

Vet. Vap should definitely be put on a  Flotila or Fleet Command ship. He is support for a ship in that highly contested slot. I would also put him in that Learning to play the game officer bunch.

on the upgrade card pack it is just upgrade cards as mentioned here: (42:00 - at this point in the video)

thanks for another great read!

14 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

He still works for Fleet commands. Bank a token turn one. Pop Vet Cap, Discard the card. 3 uses without Hondo. 

Hondo will lose stock now giving your opponents tokens is more sacrocant. 

This sounds very theoretical for 3 pts.

Times seen: 0

Not saying I’ve had great success (about 50/50) but it’s relatively self sufficient way to keep a fleet command going. I’ve used Ver Cap on a Command Pelta in a ‘Dumpster Fire’ type of list to trigger IF! when I didn’t want to use a comms net because lean shoot-y ships are better (AF, Scout HH, Pelta, Neb w/aces)
Garm token Turn 2, Ahsoka other Garm token for 3, Vet Cap Turn 4, Garm token on 5, Discard (if alive) on Turn 6

Let my command Pelta push fighters while triggering IF! It never made it to round 6 though...had too many Bothans on it, I guess.

I would love to see Independence become something useful. I know a few players have said they used it when it came out, but it sucked then and sucks more now. It wasn’t worth the Can’t shoot penalty before FCT existed. 

It also competes with 3 good to great titles. 

If you removed the can’t attack penalty and made it cheaper, you’d have something. Then with FCT, Flight Commander, and Independence, you could give Rebels an expensive way to maybe get a first strike off. 

Or just change it to a title version of AFFM. Increase squad speed by one if Independence activates them. 

On 8/23/2020 at 12:26 AM, Flengin said:

I personally am hoping that both the points changes and rules changes help out my Sato fleet.

No, they won't. Sato will be 5 FP cheaper. But they nerf the most important cards for black dice. (And you want to attack with black dice at long range, don't you?) OE will only reroll 2 black dice. ACP and APT will get exhaust.

The Intel-nerf won't make it easier to position the Sato-Squads there where you want them to be. All in all you'll need even more skill to play a Sato-list.

In my eyes the only rebel commander that will get a boost should be Garm. You can choose the 2 rounds when you will get your tokens (not 2 rounds in a row) and the game will rely more on command tokens to ready or trigger upgrade cards (like Intel Officer and Gunnery Team).

26 minutes ago, Triangular said:

they won't. Sato will be 5 FP cheaper. But they nerf the most important cards for black dice. (And you want to attack with black dice at long range, don't you?) OE will only reroll 2 black dice. ACP and APT will get exhaust.

Just curious where you’re getting this info. 

8 hours ago, Triangular said:

No, they won't. Sato will be 5 FP cheaper. But they nerf the most important cards for black dice. (And you want to attack with black dice at long range, don't you?) OE will only reroll 2 black dice. ACP and APT will get exhaust.

The Intel-nerf won't make it easier to position the Sato-Squads there where you want them to be. All in all you'll need even more skill to play a Sato-list.

In my eyes the only rebel commander that will get a boost should be Garm. You can choose the 2 rounds when you will get your tokens (not 2 rounds in a row) and the game will rely more on command tokens to ready or trigger upgrade cards (like Intel Officer and Gunnery Team).

@Triangular  Darn. The OE hurts a little, as does the APT. But only a little. (I actually think the OE change is a good one as the upgrade is everywhere, but I didn't want them to address this by increasing the points).  Any change to HIE?

Intel doesn't bother me as I don't use it anyway (or even Tycho! I've never had problems with squad positioning for Sato.)

The Garm changes got me wondering... Have they changed Tagge as well?

39 minutes ago, Triangular said:

Yes, you may choose 2 non-subsequent rounds for the effect. But it doesn‘t help much. Now you may choose 4 and 6, instead of 3 and 5.

But the new Ozzel will be cool!

Nice!!  And playable!!

So...new Ozzel?

1 hour ago, Bravo Null said:

What was wrong with Ozzel before?

Old Ozzel gives you a double speed change, like from 1 to 3 or 2 to 4 (or the other way). Most imperial ships fly only max. speed 3. In effect there‘s only the Raider, that goes up to 4. He‘s totally useless for SSD or VSD. His effect is quite niche. You need a situation were you want or need to go speed up or down by two but don‘t have a dial and token. I nearly never saw him in play.

New Ozzel is way better. All ships can profit. You can plan other usefull commands for all your ships. You‘re not affected by Assault, Slicers, Tractor Beams or Ion Weapons. He‘s only not good if you fly ships with Engine Techs or want the additional yaw for better maneuverability.

3 hours ago, Triangular said:

Old Ozzel gives you a double speed change, like from 1 to 3 or 2 to 4 (or the other way). Most imperial ships fly only max. speed 3. In effect there‘s only the Raider, that goes up to 4. He‘s totally useless for SSD or VSD. His effect is quite niche. You need a situation were you want or need to go speed up or down by two but don‘t have a dial and token. I nearly never saw him in play.

New Ozzel is way better. All ships can profit. You can plan other usefull commands for all your ships. You‘re not affected by Assault, Slicers, Tractor Beams or Ion Weapons. He‘s only not good if you fly ships with Engine Techs or want the additional yaw for better maneuverability.

Makes sense to me!!

So, any changes to HIE?

3 hours ago, Triangular said:

Is there any reason you cannot share your source, but you can spill some cards? Some NDC or similar contract? Sorry for being impatient, I'm just so excited to see these cards reworked! :)